Important Heads Up!
When you “buy” (license) a logo template (Logo Template) from an Envato marketplace you may not be the only person who likes that Logo Template so much they’re willing to buy it! That is, the Logo Template you’re buying is not exclusive to you and the same logo can be used by someone else.
The low-down! The nuts and bolts of this license
1. The Logo Template Stock License gives you, the purchaser, an ongoing, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use the Logo Template in one Final Logo. Read the rest of this license for the details that apply to your use of a Logo Template as well as the FAQs which form part of this license.
2. A Final Logo is a customised implementation of the Logo Template.
For example: the Logo Template is a cool looking emblem with a generic word. The Final Logo is the same emblem with your company’s name replacing the generic word.
Go for it! Things you can do with the Logo Template
3. You can make any number of copies of the single Final Logo and use it in unlimited ways.
For example: You’ve customised a Logo Template and created your one Final Logo. You can then use this Final Logo in any way that you like, e.g. corporate branding, business cards, letterheads, website and packaging. You can use the Final Logo to brand free or paid products.
4. You can modify or manipulate the Logo Template. You can combine the Logo Template with other works and make a derivative work from it. The resulting Final Logo is subject to the terms of this license.
5. If you want to create a different Final Logo from the Logo Template, you will need to buy another licence
For example: You’ve used a logo template to create a Final Logo for one of your ventures. To use the same template to create another logo for another venture, you’ll need to buy another license. If you are a designer creating Final Logos for different clients, you will need one license per client.
Whoa there! Things you can't do with the Logo Template
6. You can’t re-distribute the Logo Template as stock or as a template. You can’t do this with the Logo Template either on its own or bundled with other items, and even if you modify the Logo Template.
7. You can’t claim any exclusive right to use the Logo Template or Final Logo, which includes not claiming trademark rights or copyright in the Final Logo and not applying to register the Final Logo as a trademark anywhere.
Designer to client transfer lounge
8. You can create one Final Logo for a client, and you can transfer that single Final Logo to your client for any fee. This license is then transferred to your client.
9. Because of the importance of your client understanding the specific nature of non-exclusive stock logo licenses, when you use a Logo Template to create a Final Logo for a client, you must ensure that your client agrees to the following things. Your client must:
- (a) acknowledge that the Logo Template contained in the Final Logo is provided on a non-exclusive basis and may be used by other persons;
- (b) agree not to claim an exclusive right to use the Logo Template or Final Logo, which includes not claiming trademark rights or copyright in the Final Logo and not applying to register the Final Logo as a trademark anywhere.
The nitty gritty! Other license terms
10. You can only use the Logo Template for lawful purposes.
11. This license applies in conjunction with the Marketplaces Terms for your use of the Envato marketplaces. If there is an inconsistency between this license and the Marketplace Terms, this license will apply to the extent necessary to resolve the inconsistency.
12. This license can be terminated if you breach it. If that happens, you must stop using the Final Logo.
13. The author of the Logo Template retains ownership of the Logo Template but grants you the license on these terms. This license is between the author of the Logo Template and you. Envato Pty Ltd is not a party to this license or the one giving you the license.
|Final Logo||See clause 3 of this license.|
|Logo Template||See clause 1 of this license.|
Revision date: 30 April 2014