The basics of Joomla and Joomla templates
Let’s start with the basics: what is Joomla?
Joomla is an award-winning content management system trusted by millions worldwide. It helps you build, manage, and publish your content online. It’s used to create websites and blogs, and is even mobile-ready. Just like WordPress, Joomla is free, open source and developed in PHP. Also, like with WordPress, there’s a huge number of extensions (thousands!) you can use to enhance its functionalities, and Joomla templates provide a great resource if you’re looking for a design that perfectly fits into this specific CMS.
But if they have so much in common, which one is better?
Joomla or WordPress?
It really depends on what your needs are. One of the key differences to keep in mind is that Joomla is particularly good for websites that will be very content-heavy. Think forums and membership sites. Overall, this platform might be perfect for you if you’re looking for a CMS whose key strength is the ability to handle complexity. Deep hierarchies and intricate content structures are definitely Joomla’s specialty! But if you’re looking for something very easy to use and to customize, WordPress may be a better choice for you.
Let’s talk templates now: why would you use them?
- Joomla templates save time and money. Getting your content online doesn’t have to be a hassle! With these professional templates you can create functional sites for a fraction of the time it takes to build one from scratch.
- They’re a multipurpose solution. Whether you need a professional portfolio or a fun blog to house all your hobbies, these templates are designed to cover a wide range of content. Have a browse and enjoy the wide selection of templates for blogs, ecommerce sites, and more.
- They are super easy to manage. You’ll be happy to know that these templates do all the heavy lifting for you! They come with very easy-to-use layout builders, which means you can just change the style and layout in a few clicks.
- They also integrate perfectly with the latest version of Joomla, and you’ll get updates automatically when a new version of the software is released.
- And finally, Joomla templates provide fully-optimized layouts for a better overall experience, no matter the screen size.
What do we have in store?
Now that you’re clear on all the benefits of using Joomla templates, let’s take a closer look to our collection. Here’s a list of the key features of each template:
- Exquisite, high-quality templates. Our talented community of designers have handcrafted these designs to showcase your work in its best light. Enjoy access to hundreds of Joomla templates for modern, high quality designs.
- Hand-reviewed and quality-checked. We carefully assess every item submitted before we make it available for sale. So you can rest assured that whatever template you’re looking at, it’s been checked to make sure it meets our quality and functionality requirements.
- Many themes available. Whether you need a website for a wedding, blog, or online store, we’ve got you covered! Check out our collection and take a closer look with the “live preview” option.
- Layout builders included. To make the process even easier, our authors have provided some layout builders as a part of their template packages. These builders will allow you to enjoy even more control over the design—give them a try!
- Dedicated customer support. Getting support means that our authors are available to help you with bug fixes and any questions related to how to make the most out of your template. You'll find detailed documentation included with your purchase, but if that's not enough and you still need some help—ask away!