A closer look into our HTML templates
HTML website templates on ThemeForest are loved by millions of customers around the world. Unlike WordPress themes, which consist of all the pages of the site and allow you to customize font and style in the WP dashboard, these design templates are built in HTML. You can edit the template in an HTML editor, but not on WordPress, as their structure doesn’t include the WP system.
Want to know what makes HTML templates so popular? Read on!
- Versatility. You can use HTML templates on top of any kind of website you’ve built. It could be as simple as a static site that’s not going to host any dynamic content, like a “coming soon” or “under construction” page. Or it could be a more complex, completely-custom site. For example, an online store you’ve built from scratch without using Shopify, Magento or other pre-made e-commerce solutions. No matter what language you used (PHP, .NET, Ruby on Rails…), you’ll always be able to implement the template on top of it to make it look great.
- Great interfaces. Some of the most popular items from this collection are sleek, beautifully designed and intuitive interfaces for admin dashboards. Wonder why? Well, when you’re building a complex site without using third-party systems, you’re usually too busy drowning in endless lines of code to think about the usability of your admin dashboard. In this scenario, Admin templates are invaluable time savers. Not only because you won’t have to design that part of your app, but especially because a poorly-designed admin dashboard makes tasks more difficult for everyone. And the more difficult the task, the more time it will take to complete it…
- Built with Bootstrap. Ah, the joys of Bootstrap! Who doesn’t love this front-end framework and its collection of tools, styles and user interface components? It saves time, is easy to use, is responsive, free and open source. You just can’t lose. A lot of HTML templates on ThemeForest are built with Bootstrap, which also makes them compatible with any browser. Take a look at our selection of 30 Fantastic Responsive Bootstrap HTML5 Web Templates for a quick run-down of some of the best themes available.
- Multiple layouts and styles. Most templates come in different versions, so you don’t have to worry that your site may look “too standard”. One template may have over 10 different homepage styles, loads of header/footer versions, endless color skin options, multiple form layouts and so on. You can combine these together to create something that fits your needs and is also beautifully unique.
- Documentation and support. As you probably know, all the items you see on sale on Envato Market are hand-reviewed by our Quality team before they are available on our sites. And one of the key features our team carefully reviews is the documentation that the author provided. Along with all the files and assets you need to make your new theme work perfectly, the author provides written details on how to make the most out of it. Plus, most authors also provide minimum 6 months support, so you’ll be able to contact them if you need some help.
Finally, remember that you can find both multi-purpose and niche templates. While multi-purpose templates are created to suit any kind of website, and may contain more layouts and styling options for this reason, niche templates have been built with a specific purpose or market in mind. We’re talking about themes from categories like Non-profit, Wedding, Health&Beauty, and more. So whatever you're looking for - you'll sure find something that suits your needs in our collection. Enjoy the search, and if you need a little help editing the template once it's yours, check out Tuts+ tutorial How to Customize an HTML Template.