WordPress and WP themes: what's the fuss all about?
You've heard this a thousand times: WordPress is the most popular content management system (aka CMS) in the world. W3Techs reports that more than 60% of sites using a CMS are built on WordPress. It's so successful that it's almost become a synonym for CMS!
So what makes WordPress the preferred choice for millions of developers, designers, and anyone who needs a website really?
First of all, WordPress is free and open source. This doesn't only mean that you get it for free (duh), but also that a team of developers worldwide works constantly on improving it. Also, there's a crazy amount of plugins available that integrate with the platform. These allow you to add all sorts of functionalities to your website image sliders to calendars, news feeds, spam filters and so on. It's also very easy to use: its interface is simple and intuitive, and the web is full of WP tutorials of all kinds to help you make the most out of it.
In a nutshell, it's an extremely versatile system that enables you to create pretty much any sort of website you can think of.
Yes, any sort. Don't make the mistake of thinking that WordPress is just for small-business websites, blogs and other small-to-mid-size projects. That's very far from the truth! Plenty of complex e-commerce sites are built on WordPress, and doing pretty well ;)
Another great thing about it? It's easy to customize. You don't have to be a web developer to personalize your WordPress site: you can play around with its dashboard, and use a theme to make it look awesome.
And WordPress themes is what this page is about! What are they? Glad you asked. We are talking about pre-designed and pre-built layouts that you can apply to your website. If the WordPress dashboard allows you to take care of the content of your site (categories, subcategories, sections, pages, text and so on) a theme will define what the site looks like. Its visual design and its interactions. What color will the background be? How will a link be highlighted when you hover with your mouse? Will it have a large slider on the homepage? That's what a theme is about.
If you need to build a website but don't have the time, or the skills, to design it yourself-you're in the right place. ThemeForest is home to a huge and varied library of WordPress themes created by a global community of creatives... But there's more. Let's take a closer look and see what makes these themes great:
- Top quality. Not only do we have some of the best designers and developers selling their themes on ThemeForest. Our Quality team reviews every single one of them before they go on sale.
- Built for all devices. You don't need us to tell you that nowadays people will likely visit your website from different devices. The templates you'll find here cater for all screen sizes-and you know how important this is.
- E-commerce ready. WordPress-powered e-commerce sites are everywhere on the web these days, and for good reason! E-commerce site templates will integrate perfectly with the likes of Magento, Shopify and other platforms that make it easier for you to open your online shop.
- A creative community at work. Envato Market is the home of the largest global community of creatives. Our authors are talented professionals, extremely passionate about their work.
- Support when you need it. All themes come with detailed documentation on how to use them. And if you need assistance with bugs or issues, our authors will be there to help out. Plus, the Envato Help Center is always just a click away.