Nice update, but i have a couple of questions:
1. If i don’t want to charge buyers for updates and support, can i mention that somewhere? Can i do it at all? This is actually should be optional as this is my own time.
2. What about ratings? People can buy theme without support, ask questions and then add 1 star rating because i didn’t reply back to their message.
3. What about support tools? Are you planning to add something to the “Support” tab? Forum, ticket system, whatever?
4. Updates are mandatory. Okay. But how many updates i have to upload during 1 year of paid support? I can do it once a year or do it every 2 weeks. Please add this as well.
5. Wondering why don’t you let authors decide about support pricing?
1. If you are not going to add support tools for authors, like closed forum pages with purchase code verification that only buyers who purchased support package can access, why you want to get 30%? For what?
2. How will you manage support access for users? I mean if user purchases item, goes to Comments section and reads all questions/answers provided by author to another user who bought support package. Will they have access to those pages? If no, will be there any separation for those who bought and who didn’t?
3. There are so many confusions. Overall the idea is very good indeed, but you didn’t clarify the most important things like how to manage this system.
I believe slow loading speed is the reason of low sales. Yesterday loading time was 20s per page, today it’s 30. Make at least an announcement what’s going on, now it seems like your office is on vacation since DDoS attack.
VERY slow, happens everyday since DDoS attack. Average page loading time is more than 20 seconds. Can’t purchase items, getting timeout error. Guys, when are you going to fix this?
@dedalx yes, you’re right. But Envato is advertised as a community, not just a service provider and we, authors, are the source of Envato income. If they position themselves as a community, would be nice to have better feedback
1. Website was almost down for over a week.
2. A lot of low quality items
3. No communication with authors/buyers
4. Slow support
5. VAT and hidden price additions on checkout
6. Bad search
Authors always blame Envato, but we just don’t know about future plans and current problems. I guess this thread will be simply ignored as well
same here – I’ve got my Top Monthly Author, but not Weekly Top Seller
Quick one. Seems like we have a new rule without any notification – we can’t add any bonus stuff to the templates, if this bonus is from another category. For example, i can’t include email templates as a part of the Corporate html or admin template package. I do understand you need more money, but if i decided to add email template to admin template, which actually is a part of it, why should i sell it as a separate product? The same logic would be if you split WP corporate and one page theme packages. Could you please be so kind and make at least an announcement of your changes?
Let me rephrase the TL;DR in shorter terms. You were answering questions and providing support all along, now you’re getting a few extra bucks for that, no one is turning you into slaves!
Keep in mind, that you have an ability to ignore some questions and/or buyers and it is totally up to you to set your support definitions when it comes to free or paid. With new rules i HAVE TO answer ALL questions to ALL buyers during 6 months for only $20 + get only 70%. And the most funny thing is that you can’t do anything about it. That is why the question is if i don’t want to have any restrictions, answer deadlines etc can i still provide free support both here in item comments or on external support system? If i can’t, i believe majority of authors will simply ignore this rule, because this is our time and we must set our own prices for it.
And if these rules are optional, then no questions and no issues at all. Make authors want to provide this kind of support with new support tool and take 30% fee for it, this should be a priority in this case
Kopyov saidI’m not sure whether they would allow our own support platform if we opt out from theirs.
Otherwise, can i opt out paid support and so the same thing that we did before these changes?
Ha, that’ll be ridiculous. I don’t want to provide support for $7.5 for 6 month if item costs $25, i’d rather do it for free, but from my own website and own forum, but not from comments section. If buyers want us to provide quality support, we don’t have to be slaves on the market, where we are the sellers