You can use my previews as well.
Really slow here as well. Hope next week is better.
@ natman — Tumbling down the rabbit hole. More questions:
1. In which country is Envato setting up the MOSS? Why?
2. What author information is given to the MOSS country?
3. What author information is provided to countries collecting tax from the MOSS?
4. What’s to stop an EU country from reviewing the payments collected through MOSS, and demanding the author provide proof? What is Envato’s commitment as supplier?
5. What if a non-EU author simply wants to opt-out of selling to the EU completely?I’m sure every country in the EU doesn’t have the same data security standards. When this goes live our personal info (addresses, tax numbers, income) will start pinging around to different countries. The implications are not comforting.
What is MOSS and for what it stands for, please let me know.
Better make a new topic on the subject, that’s what I suggest.
Here is what I found: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Envato The first part states the following:
Envato is an Australia-based, privately held company that specializes in the start-up, promotion and operation of multiple online marketplaces which facilitate the exchange of digital goods from thousands of independent sellers and digital authors to both amateur and professional web-designers, creative agencies and operators of web properties. Envato was founded in 2006 by Collis Ta’eed, Cyan Ta’eed, and Jun Rung.
How so the sellers are independent when the so called “marketplace” decides if the item will be accepted for sale or not, what the pricing of the item will be and gets % of the earnings from the item.
I hope you have a good answer for that.
It is nice idea and looks good. Loads pretty fast for me, but for some people with slower connection might be an issue. I think that the preview is enough. If you want to create a gif gallery maybe you can create a separate page and post a link to it. That way you are not going to slow down the loading of your item preview page. Which can make some potential buyers go search for a different item if they see that your item page is loading slower than the others. That’s just the way I see things.