6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 9
  • 8 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

The days we can sit back and point the disadvantages of html over Flash are gone. I mean we already seen enough evidence that no people have time to listen, whether it is your Apple loving client or Adobe, both are on the way to see future possibilities. So it is important to keep your own little part safer rather than depending on decisions of corporations like Adobe. Some times the indigestible occurances like these makes ourself realise the instabilities (better than tsunami’s, those kind of stuff never thinks if it is just a beach sand or nuclear reactor :P )

Personally I started feeling I made the Flash – HTML switching already late by around 3-6 months (by investing crappy 3D stuff on FP10 , ofcourse I should blame myself – not Adobe). I guess Adobe is so cautious about the fact that Windows Tablets not supporting Flash is the solid indication of closed door.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 9
  • 8 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Should get married, Make more files, Make more free time <- Impossible combination of tasks! :D

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 9
  • 8 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

So far, the last and final attempt I do in these situation is using Tahoma 11 points with anti-alias type set to ‘Bitmap Text’ (no anti-alias). It will look clean similar to pixel font with additional character support:

\\

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 9
  • 8 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

I feel it would be more helpful if the listing sites are less in number (and verifies submission) or none.

Too many non-authors attempting to abuse those sites for referral money with repeated listings that just adds junk. As a result, those who searches for script on google doesn’t finds codecanyon files directly and the deserved direct exposure declines. Due to the same reason there are few other tragedy drawbacks (better not speak :P ). Just my thought, I do not know seo basics and talking with my search result observation.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 9
  • 8 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

May be the game sector has some hope but developers lost trust on Adobe, flex handed over to Apache, we don’t know how they will lead it and few such things will definitely cut new comer entering into this technology, so too many things are less promising regardless of the capability of technology.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 9
  • 8 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says
bitfade said
VF said
But people forcefully made to misunderstand that HTML5 performs better than Flash. My iPad drains battery faster if I just navigate bunch of images. No wonder about Flash or HTML5 both are same or HTML5 still waiting to prove.
ssh to a jailbroken ipad2 while surfing html5 themes/templates will show how mobile safari skyrockets to 100% cpu usage when displaying a simple transition @2-3fps

From the day SJ dead, I am thinking about how the new CEO will face this issue in the coming 2-3 years. As the amount of websites replacing Flash with HTML5 /CSS3 will be higher within an year and unless iPad3 released with 10x speed than iPad2 there will be some trouble. I don’t think they can manage it with “Thoughts on W3C ”.

iPad3 is the key to either completly kill the Flash even in desktop (if powerful enough) or if it is still a toy, then it will open door for Apple competitors to start dominate rapidly with performance. But even with later case, Flash has less hope and atleast the monopoly movements will be stopped.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 9
  • 8 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says
Joost said
You won’t be charged anything (no ~200 bucks) just for taking the test, though :sarcasm:

It depends on hourly rate of the candidate. If it takes 2+ hours to pass… :P

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 9
  • 8 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says
joiaco said
... For instance i have some GR textures that could go on 3DOcean? Or do you think people look in both marketplaces anyway if they are searching textures? Thanks…

The search results are marketplace specific, so the result will show only one item belonging to same marketplace. However there is a possibility to achieve what you intended. Just upload both the files in the 2 marketplaces on relevant categories. In both the file description, you can advertise the other marketplace item and use efficient keywords. The search result can sense the item description.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 9
  • 8 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says
bobocel said
bitfade said
bobocel said
I think there’s only one. Because they continuously innovate.
and what innovation did they introduce to replace flash ?
Innovation in the world of hand held devices.

Innovation is a possibility of everyone if compatibility sacrificed (do you think nokia engineers can’t make a prototype smatphone in the 2005 with basic web browsing?). Apple lacks compatibilty even from the base of business strategies and their only way is staying safer in the closed-incompatible system to practically make it possible to be ahead. It is fine to stay there (technology needs such few movements) but pointing other mature technologies as ‘inefficient’ shows they have problem. Just like every other aspects, you can place innovation and compatibility in both the ends of guassian curve and right balance meets the stability – usability in the middle.

Edit: I am more specific to Apple’s pattern of approach when they lack compatibility. They will just divert consumers by pointing competitors lacking something / low tech. After all it works for them!

oh, another such thread in the internet, sorry! :P

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 9
  • 8 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says
bobocel said
VF said
I think there are 2 reasons why Apple managed to succeed on killing Flash easily.
I think there’s only one. Because they continuously innovate.

If they really innovating, they never need a letter to explain why they do not support Flash. The innovation itself can speak for itself. Actually the points Apple mentioned about HTML5 is not about innovation but openness. But people forcefully made to misunderstand that HTML5 performs better than Flash. My iPad drains battery faster if I just navigate bunch of images. No wonder about Flash or HTML5 both are same or HTML5 still waiting to prove.

It is undoubtedly true that they are best in the hardware (to be precise, Design Engineering), but Apple never managed to innovate in software. How they patch this drawback (for decades) is by false marketing mechanisms similar to how they advertised PC-MAC ads (all of those are very subjective emotionally stimulating pseudo psychological facts). Finally everyone knows that they are never innovative in compatibility. Compatibility is an important criteria which helps reach technologies globally. Apple never qualified to attract the entire global culture but Microsoft did it first with compatibility (which shows the level of responsibilities). I am not a fan of MS but just pointing another criteria almost every Apple fan missing to see.

by
by
by
by
by
by