Hi tmcom, I agree with your opinions, yes, to add a lighter yellow in the inside is a good idea wilbran, why don’t you upload some improvements here so we can help more? Cheers!
Well, I’m not sure of course why this logo was rejected, but in a first view I see the general graphics are nice and very pleasant, but in my opinion there’s a visual competition between the trees and the tent. The whole drawing has no hierarchy in the graphics, they are not working as a set. Maybe if you put more emphasis in the tent and the trees accompanying will look balanced. Maybe you should work on a vertex more prominent (the tent) and the other vertex (pines) in the background and less prominent.
Hello Nico. Well, I see two different discussions here. First the problem of logo itself (design, execution, etc) and second the opinions about review process. , It’s true that hard rejections are not helpful since they have not a feedback. Soft rejections feedbacks are always accurate and helpful, but hard rejections are really hard with their lack of help, it’s true, and I passed through very bad moments with them too.
Now, when a hard rejection occurs, we can ask for opinions in the forums. And, once we get some feedback from our fellows, we can do two things: one listen to the opinions and try to improve, or keep getting angry and claim the hard rejection…
We decide. After more than 2 years here and several soft and hards, I choose to not loose time and improve.
And dwodesign, if you receive rejections in a row… try to swerve because you’re probably making the same mistake in a row too… I see you have in all the samples that you have shown us, mistakes of a not good completion and those annoying sharp edges repeteadly… Good luck mate! Regards!
Hello dwodesign. My opinion about your designs
- 1. You use too much sharp points in your logos… This one seems that has very few work. Typography is not nice… I find no relation between graphic and “aerial” word
- 2. You have a good idea here, but it looks a bit outdated in my opinion. Also remember a good logo must support small sizes, I’m afraid this one will not. Again a sharp edge in the A, a bad termination… It needs more work!
- 3. Extremely complex… no charisma, not a nice llustration…
- 4. In my opinion, you should definitely give a new turn of the screw in those sharp edges. And this logo is so generic as the logos you point as generic… not an original idea indeed.
- 5. This is not easy to understand in a first view. You have to focus and “find the image”. Too complex, no charisma, no synthesis… Then more complex with typography, I see you try to emphasize the idea, but finally looks redundant to me.
- 6. Nothing original mate… We see hundreds of these logo in the web… Remember that, if an idea is not original at all, at least try to make it different with the graphics, the drawings. This looks generic as you say and has an important lack of creativity.
- 7. Sharp edges again, not a good execution here.
My advice is: instead of getting angry, just try to LEARN… It seems you follow the path of the complaint, and that is not good for a new author, but you decide. I work in two marketplaces, and from my experience graphicriver reviewers are really helpful. It’s true, hard rejections not help at all since they have not a feedback, I also had bad moments with hard rejections… Anyway, all times that reviewers rejected one of my files, after improving I saw they were right. Improvements were necessary and taught me a lot. So, you need to work harder mate… Good luck
Hello guys, thank for your replies.
You’re right n2n44, we can include logos in the Print Templates category, but they must be rasterized since a logo license cannot be provided…
I included an editable logo as part of my item in my last template uploaded to PRINT category, but I received a soft rejection asking to “rasterize the logo anywhere it is editable, since a logo license cannot be provided in Print templates category”
That’s OK, of course I understand, I’ll rasterize the logo but: can I include the rasterized logo as a SAMPLE in my item, and sell its editable version in Logos category??
Thanks for your help!!
This looks GREAT!!!! Thanks GR!!
good_chemistry saidCan you make a video template where users can change images and text
I’m a GR and VH author, and I will love to take part in themeforest too. I have worked with HTML in the past, but al present I ignore new trends like HTML5 and responsive design so I want to study. In videohive, authors use to share some links about where to learn motion design, like school of motion. Is there something similar for web design? I mean, could someone share a link about where to learn HTML, responsive design, CSS3…??
Thank you very much!!
Yes JThemes, most of Videohive authors create templates with placeholders for texts and images customization