There’s lot of bug with this app, In the statements it doesn’t count the negative values (fees/reversals) , and in the statistics, it show negative values fees
The fees are not calculated only in the statement list, because it’s difficult to pair the correct sale and the fee. All other numbers – the “earnings today” and all statistics are including the fees and reversals.
Hope that clears things up.
Hi everyone, Just a small update.
I’m working on a brand new interface, login system and backed API. Pretty much a complete rewrite. I will post some screenshots of the new UI here when I finalise the design.
This project has been quite a journey for me, I learned a lot from it and I’m still learning a lot. I can safely say that SalesRobot is a project which I will be developing and supporting in the future. Being a passion project, it will remain free to use, forever.
We currently have more than 500 weekly active users and hopefully with the new version more people will find out about this app and start using it.
A couple of features that I’m working on in the new version:
- Envato login. No more having to login with Facebook, Twitter and Google and then enter your Envato username and API key. You will just login once with your Envato credentials (securely through their new OAuth 2.0 authentication, just like Facebook) and the app will have access to the Envato API. - Even better charts and graphics. Google Charts are cool and easy to use, but they have limitations and aren’t customizable. I want to write new custom charts using d3.js, which will provide much more freedom to make them both look awesome, and provide more information to the user. - New UI. After using the app for several months now I have re-thinked what is truly important for the user and what isn’t so important. Changes will include a unified dashboard for your statement list and statistics. Also the mobile UI will be revamped – the clock, which almost nobody seems to realise that it’s actually a clock will have new look and it’s function will hopefully be clearer to users.
These are just some of the things that will be in the next version. All data will be migrated, so there will be no need to upload your CSV again.
Also, there will be at least a month of beta testing until I make sure that the new version is polished and ready to replace the current one.
That’s all for now, Cheers
@nickys – the average per month value is extremely low. Are you including the current month in that calculation? If so, can you please remove the current month as it will always skew the numbers, especially at the very beginning of the month.
Feb – $480
Mar – $540
Apr – $575
May – $21 (because we are only 2 days into the month)
Average – $404
Average w/o May – $532
It just takes your earnings from the last 90 days (counting from the current date) and divides by 3.
I just saw your data, you have sales for April and May only, that’s why it shows so low value. If you upload the CSV with all your sales it will show you correctly.
In any case, it should be covering this case and I will work on a fix.
It work now. I can login The problem now are the statistics that are completely off. Even after uploading the csv, it doesn’t uses data before the 5 of april… (even if I made sure that the csv period started at the day of my first sale). The total number of sale is right, but not the total earnings (wich is inferior to what I earn in april)
I checked out the database and most of your sales have 0 value for the amount. Do you mind sending me your CSV via my contact form?
Thank you for reporting these issues Krasi and SeaBeeZ, I will try to find out what’s wrong tomorrow.
1) That’s a good point, I will add it to my to-do list.
2) Sounds interesting! I haven’t noticed any location data in the CSV but if that’s indeed true, there could be a widget in the Statistics screen showing a map and a bunch of pins for your sales. You are correct though, it’s not a trivial change
3) Good point, I can imagine having a progress bar for next commission, next badge, etc. I can’t promise if I’m going to implement it though, it’s more like UI sugar instead of something that’s genuinely useful.
4) There is already a button that does exactly that – it’s the “Upload” button in your profile dashboard here
I see that there are a few hundred active users of the app, so I’ll just keep posting updates here from time to time.
I’ve been improving the app for the last couple of days, here is what has changed:
Mar 18, 2015
Mar 17, 2015