• Trendsetter
  • Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says

It went live yesterday. Glad you like it, thanks for letting us know! :)

3267 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says

There’s really no telling why certain times of the week/month/year turn out to be good or bad for sales. Sometimes your individual sales can shoot up, some times they can stay really quiet for a few days. What I can tell you however is that sales as a whole are up, so people are still buying a lot of files here. :)

It’s important to understand as with any stock site that, it’s not just about upload a few tracks and sitting back and hoping for the best. Sure, this may yield some sales, but if you are serious about making money from stock sales, you really need to take responsibility for your own work and work hard to continually produce more audio and to promote it by yourself. Brand yourself. Get yourself involved with the Envato communities and external audio communities. Use social networking effectively. Create your own Web site or blog and market your own files.

There are hundreds and hundreds of ways you can be proactive about marketing yourself and your audio. Don’t just think internally on Envato marketplaces either – go beyond that – go global. Here’s an article that I originally wrote for ActiveDen, but there’s a LOT of useful information in here that applies to all marketplaces. Hope it helps. :)

40 Effective Ways to Become a Successful Author

3267 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says
Thanks for the heads up. I just wrote an email to the author asking him to fix that. It´s not the first time that an author is using one of my tracks without asking for permission. At least the others referred to the correct item page. Cheers, Ralf

Hey Ralf,

Please write to support if that ever happens again, authors are not supposed to use anyone’s audio without first getting their permission. It is also a requirement that authors on other marketplaces credit and link to the AJ file if/when they use it (once they’ve received permission to use it). Meanwhile, I’ll ask the VideoHive SM to remind his review team to keep an eye out for such issues.

3267 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says

Sucks to hear another account of an unfairly or incorrectly rated file, Dmitry. :(

It’s been discussed in a couple of other threads previously, but eventually I would like the way AudioJungle content is rated to change. Instead of rating files out of 5, an improvement that would avoid situations that you’ve unfortunately experienced would be just to allow customers to “mod up” audio they like and give it a thumbs up or a +1 in effect. That way, we can still rank files by the number of “thumbs up” they receive. The 5 Star rating system might work for some other marketplaces, but with audio, you hear it, you like it, you buy it. Makes no sense then to rate an audio file anything less than 5 stars because nothing changes between the time the customer previewed it and then purchased it!

I can’t guarantee if/when this will happen, but it’s definitely something I would like to see in the future.

3267 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says

Thanks for such a great response, guys! :grin: I have contacted everyone who has shown an interest so far. New authors and anyone else who stumbles across this thread may also leave a comment and I will contact them with the interview questions. Looking forward to seeing everyone’s interview posted on our forthcoming new blog!

3267 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says

See Jeff’s post right here! If selected, you and your audio will receive some incredible exposure, good luck everyone! :)

3267 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says

Outstanding work, Chris! :) Looks great and super useful too. Would be great if you could hear the chord too. Also, how about displaying the chord when the user clicks the corresponding piano key? Finally, just a minor observation – “Show note names on keys” appears when you deselect the checkbox. Should be the other way around. ;) Looking forward to seeing how the PCC develops over time, thanks for sharing the link! :grin:

3267 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says

Looks like you uploaded files 2+ months ago, they all got soft rejected (i.e. you were invited to fix them and resubmit them as there were some issues/problems with your submissions) and you never fixed/resubmitted them. If you still have the rejection e-mails, there will be a link in the e-mail giving you instructions how to update your files. If you don’t have those e-mails, please contact support@envato.com, many thanks! :)

3267 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says
Just changed my license options. I will try it for few months but I found it disappointing to have it for all of my items. It would be much better to have this option for every item so I can choose which items to put under the extended license.

Hopefully we will introduce that option one day, I agree it would be useful. :)

3267 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says
How can one allow extended licenses and can it be granted by request to just a specific buyers?

Go to http://audiojungle.net/user/YOURUSERNAMEHERE/edit, click “Item Licenses” and then choose your licensing option(s).

by
by
by
by
by
by