• Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says

Thanks to everyone who participated! :)

I will be contacting the winners so I can find out where to send the guitar picks to. Here are the 10 winners in alphabetical order!

conceptcoding, Daan, DJ180 , MichaelKakhiani, MSFX , Shaktal, thePhoenix, TikiT, ZonadeArte, ZoomIt

3267 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says

He’ll be back scoring goals for Man United, don’t worry. Ferguson will have a word. ;) Rooney needs a good rest – he played a LOT of games last season, English players have no winter break like some other European teams and he got a couple of injuries at the tail end of last season also. I don’t think his reputation is tarnished long-term, everyone’s just perplexed why he failed to perform at the World Cup. He’s super talented and probably just worn out.

3267 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says

The entire World Cup campaign from England’s perspective was very disappointing. So it really wasn’t a shock to see them go out against Germany. With dreadful defending like that we really cannot expect to win games.

An on-fire Rooney would have lit up our campaign, but for some reason, he never showed up at all. I have absolutely no idea why Rooney played so poorly in contrast to his outstanding Premiership season in 2009/2010. Whether he was still carrying an injury, it was psychological, too much pressure or not being played in the right position (up front on his own), the fact is that Rooney didn’t play well at all: His first touch, which is normally flawless, was completely off, and his pace and confidence appeared to be suffering too. But that’s a lot of pressure on one young man. And that was half the problem: England didn’t really have a plan B. With (a fit) Beckham + Crouch, at least you have a plan B where you can put crosses in the entire game for Crouch to head them in. But Shaun Wright-Phillips and Emile Heskey?! That’s hardly a plan B.

I think we started far too slowly in the group stage with no invention and no desire, and it failed to improve and progress as the tournament went on. It’s good to start slow + improve, but starting slow and staying in first gear is going to catch up with you sooner rather than later.

We were not good enough on this occasion and it should be no surprise that we’re out after not just 1 poor game, but 6 successive poor performances (I’m including the Mexico and Japan friendlies, they were just as poor). It’s just frustrating when individually, we have some very good players who perform so well each week at club level, we just never played well together as a team. So in many ways it’s a missed opportunity, especially for some of those players who may never play in another World Cup.

But time to dust yourselves down and move on: We’ve now got a European Championship to think about and there’s a lot of work to be done…

3267 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says

Hey guys, just a reminder about forum rules, please do not swear. Many thanks.

3267 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says

Time to put away my avatar for another 4 years. :(

Germany deserved to win. Not shocked that we lost. Awful first round performances with only slight improvement against Slovenia. Shocking defending against Germany. In many ways we should be glad we actually got out of the group with performances like that.

Despite Lampard’s non-goal I am not a believer in goal line technology. It’s those elements of human error that makes football so exciting. Sometimes it works for you, sometimes it works against you. Stick an extra ref behind the goal in professional games, yes, but not a computer.

The only big disappointment for England was that Wayne Rooney never showed up. And when he did, he was playing way too deep and his touch was waaaay off. Not sure if that was personal choice or if he was told he could do that by the coach. He needs to stay upfront and in his correct position if he’s to be most effective like he was with Man United week-in and week-out last season.

Oh well. Only 2 more years until Euro 2012…

3267 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says

Thanks for everyone’s entries! Jordan and Drew will be announcing the next steps very soon. :)

3267 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says

Sounds like a really good idea, Garry! Anyone who wants to collaborate together are encouraged to use this thread! :)

3267 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says
thanks Scott, tweeted :)
Good man. Always leading the way. :)

lol, just after a cool pick :P i’m such a pikey lol :D

edit: i’ve exactly 4000 posts more than you :P and you have nearly 4000 more badges than I :P lol

Forum posts: Quality, not quantity. ;)
Badges: There’s some irony in this, but other people seem more interested in my badges than I am! :D

3267 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says
thanks Scott, tweeted :)

Good man. Always leading the way. :)

3267 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Envato Team
  • Feedback Guru
  • 10 Years of Membership
+21 more
scottwills
Envato team
says

It just dawned on me there’s probably a lot of great guitar players outside of the AudioJungle forums and throughout all our marketplaces! You might be interested therefore in our little AudioJungle-branded Guitar Pick Giveaway this weekend:

http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/guitar-picks-giveaway/25758?page=11#262302

Gotta be in it to win it, good luck! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by