Did someone considered the following and if yes, what is the answer:
Breadcrumbs as plugin from ThemeHybrid is 16,5kb. Built in breadcrumbs, properly styled for a theme I bought from ThemeForest is 9kb.
Post carousel like flexslider or meta slider is over 2MB. Built in carousel is 170kb.
And another question, most of the plugins load js. Often they load the same js files but from their own folders. Both versions are loaded in the console. What will be the loading speed if I have 10 plugins? Or 15?
What is the point to load isotope wall for portfolio and isotope masonry for products and isotope grid for blog from 3 different plugins with 3 different sets of customization, js and css files? And on top of that I have to override the css with my own?
I am asking as a customer with low to mediocre css and php knowledge.
What is your advice?
default bootstrap, large sliders, auto-play sound, invite pop-ups…
I am not an author or developer, just a regular customer, but it seems to me that your theme is really similar to Circles, Jupiter, The7, StartUp…or whatever other new Bootstrap theme here. But I think that they could approve your theme if:
- you have to put more design into fonts, buttons, color palletes, forms, text boxes. Be bold. You have a good sense of proportion/margins but I don’t like the fonts – this combination that you have chosen of Serif and Sans Serif fonts doesn’t fit together, some headings need more color as well
- versions of home page are too similar to each other
- replace the click on menu with hover (you have to click on the menu items for the drop-down)
- more blog/portfolio layouts like grid or masonry, everyone is doing the classic layout
- some of the jquery effects seem outdated
- overall its just too standart and if you are to compete with other Bootstrap clones you have to offer something different, like unique SEO plug-in maybe, I see that you lack such, or an option for a custom background on some posts/pages/portfolios or an order button in the blog/archive pages for sorting by name or date seems a good additition.
I hope that I could be of assistance
p.s. Your pagination doesn’t work as well.