20 posts
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 4
  • Collector Level 2
  • Ukraine
+2 more
straightforward
says

Does analytic referrals work properly? Sometimes I see a lot of referrals from a page which doesn’t contain a link on my plugin.

For instance, my plugin GChart has 101 referrals from [link removed] page, but I can’t see a link on my plugin at that page. What’s going on?

1941 posts
  • Featured Author
  • Community Superstar
  • Helpful Hacker
  • Industrious API Inventor
+19 more
SamBerson
says

I have to say I don’t really use the Envato Analytics system, but this sounds like something which also happens on other tracking systems, not mentioning any specific names though!

809 posts
  • 8 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 6
  • Author Level 5
  • Collector Level 3
+3 more
matu
says

I use it but only to reference and collect links to sites that feature my own items so I can send them emails to promote future items… I have a nice sized little Excel sheet here ;)

I also put links to the item in my description so that if my item is on a site legal or illegal and someone clicks the link (which is normally copy and pasted in) I can see it.

Think I might map out my routine for others

385 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Featured Author
+6 more
codenegar
says

Envato Analytics has several bugs. I think if a user has been referred to another item then they open your item their referral link and search keyword is displayed at your item.

945 posts
  • Blog Interview
  • Trendsetter
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
abhimanyu003
says

Yes same with me, i also watch the traffic coming from those sites which do not contain my product’s link. It’s bit strange.

809 posts
  • 8 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 6
  • Author Level 5
  • Collector Level 3
+3 more
matu
says

Some of the sites may have a section where new items get displayed from the Envato feed…. by the time you get to them they are not there, but yes there are still a few weird bugs…. one I found there just on one of items was that I was getting someone else’s stats.

2 posts
  • Portugal
  • Exclusive Author
  • 9 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 2
+1 more
Grims
says

Hello there! My first post here at this community.

Just wanted to say thanks, because I wasn’t aware that there was an analytics page. But I used now my API key and started to use the envato analytics. For now all seems ok to me!

by
by
by
by
by
by