It’s that time again, we have another great podcast episode ready for your enjoyment. I’m also very excited to announce that Skellie (whom you probably know from Tuts+ or the Tuts+ Marketplace) is going to be joining us every episode as a co host. The podcast needed a womans touch and we’re super happy to have her with us!
This episode we discuss all things Envato as usual, as well as have a chat with David Appleyard of AppStorm. It’s an episode you don’t want to miss! You can listen now by simply subscribing to the iTunes link below (completely free). For those of you who would rather download it directly we’ll have a link up on Amazon s3 shortly!
- Lance’s article explaining how to make more money by “double dippin’”.
- The Unity3D category has officially landed on ActiveDen
- 3dOcean now supports Unity assets just like on AD but without the scripting part and has a cool model viewer that lets you view models in 3d in you browser.Demo Preview
- We also accept vue files and autocad .dwg files now. One should also check out the great game developers kit (collection) that showcases files useful for game development from across multiple marketplaces! http://3docean.net/collections/643577-game-development-kit
- 3dOcean has selected a winner for our first competition. http://3docean.net/forums/thread/banner-item-competition/32301
- There is most likely going to be a “Web Elements” category launch coming up soon. If I say anymore Amanda will hunt me down.
- The AudioJungle Music video contest is open and running. It ends on Friday November 19th. Any marketplace member can enter and full instructions can be found here – http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/music-video-contest/33614
- We’ve recently added more content to our Audio & Music category, as well as Video and Multi-Media. We’d love to see more direct submissions, so if you have a concept you’ve been meaning to write a tutorial on, now is the time to submit. More information here http://wiki.envato.com/selling/upload-instructions/tuts-marketplace-upload-instructions/
- WebDesignTuts+ has seen amazing growth since it’s launch. Congrats to Brandon AKA Epicera and thank you all for the support of the new site!
- Last week on Activetuts+ we ran a post featuring examples of Flash techniques which are currently difficult to achieve with HTML5 http://enva.to/10FlashThings. We didn’t anticipate quite how passionately people would jump on the Flash vs. HTML5 soapbox. It was never the intention to pit the two technologies against each other. We’d like to set the record straight. We have posted an article answering all doubts by showcasing the opinions of those that matter most. A collection of comments by people such as yourself to build a rounded and authoritative resource. The post has been published and can be found here http://active.tutsplus.com/articles/roundups/html5-and-flash-17-industry-experts-have-their-say/
- Sean and Kate are running our first community project over on Vectortuts+ – They’re making a Vector Totem from illustrations by a selection of invited professionals and hopefully some reader submissions. http://vector.tutsplus.com/articles/community-totem-project
- We just started a new ongoing series where we give away a free iOS wallpaper pack. The images are exclusive to AppStorm and sized appropriately for iPhones, iPads and iPod Touches. Here’s the first post: http://iphone.appstorm.net/general/app-news/appstorm-ios-wallpaper-pack-1-the-garden/
- The Global Freelancer Survey is LIVE ! We’re looking for anyone who does freelance work (part time or full time!) to take our Global Freelancer Survey. Participants not only get a free copy of the results, but they also get entered to win a grand prize worth over $1,000, including a 32GB Wifi Apple iPad! http://freelanceswitch.com/general/global-survey/
Enjoy and thanks for listening!
Tash, Drew, & Jordan
Hats off Tash, Drew, & Jordan great podcast! Nice speach and great survey!
@loungekat No problem, the project is very cool!
@miseld Thanks so much!
I’ve updated the post above with the direct download link for those of you who don’t use iTunes
keep the great work Drew! Love this podcast….
Thanks for the feedback guys!
Awesome! On my way to grab it now…
Listened to this this morning, awesome stuff as usual guys!