We’ve been working on our AirBnB, ShareDesk style directory for about 4 months, we think its our best work thus far. Hope to please y’all with what we have been working on.
we’re also going to launch a theme similar to Airbnbhttp://themeforest.net/item/casa-swap-book-rent-html-template-/6703459?WT.ac=search_thumb&WT.oss_phrase=casa&WT.oss_rank=1&WT.z_author=uouapps
will you create your own plugin for the booking system or will you reuse an existing one ?
if you use your own will you make it accessible open source like the crowdfunding plugin
Cheers & All the best
Hey @UOU Apps no plans for an open source plugin for the booking system with this theme, we will be adding most of the functionality in the theme with some stuff being taken care of by WooCommerce.
You’ll be able to create a simple city directory or a reservation directory like “Yelp” using third party apps that will be integrated into the theme.
@charlie4282 ETA = Stress, so we don’t provide them.
FEATURES that are NEEDED for a restaurant/bar listings:
1) Not everybody likes recurring payments, neither paypal, so a bank transfer/cheque option is also needed.
2) Once in a property page, near the map there should be a button “Get Directions”, to display something like this: http://robertnyman.com/html5/geolocation/current-location-and-directions.html
3) Review system (with stars) for every listing. Also, on User Dashboard, a checkbox to set if the listing owner wants to be notified by email everytime a comment is sent to his listing(s).
4) Users (submitters) need to receive automatic e-mails: -when registers on the website (creates the account) -when admin approves/edits one of his properties -when users payment (check or paypal) is confirmed -XX days before his listing expire
5) Page speed: some themes are beautiful, but when we go to http://tools.pingdom.com/, we see how awful they are: hundreds of requests, +5mb homepage. Not everybody has good internet speed (I live in Brazil and here the truth is that many places have less than 1mbps connection, and 3G is awful)