As some of you may know, we recently began offering authors the option of using our image templates when uploading new items.
See here for an example (zip file): http://envato.s3.amazonaws.com/marketplace_author_image_templates/marketplace-author-template-images.zip
While these certainly won’t be used by everyone, for the coders among us who upload items that don’t really have any notable imagery to speak of, a template like this can be a huge timesaver. A coder with a paintbrush isn’t the best combination!
We’d Like to Expand!We’d like to expand this template into a dozen or so different options, and we need your help! Let’s have a fun mini-competition to see which authors build the best templates.
- Create a 590×300 image (for the item page) template.
- Create an 80×80 thumbnail template.
- Leave a comment in this thread, and display both templates.
- Be smart, and don’t expect the user to do much work! Using your template should only amount to replacing your text with their own.
- If using custom fonts, they must be freely available, and you must link to where they can be downloaded.
- Try not to use too many image placeholders, if any. Forcing a coder to create a smaller image to place in your template sort of defeats the purpose! Do as much as you can with typography.
- The deadline is June 10th, 11:59 PM, Eastern Standard Time.
What do I Win?This competition is mostly for fun, but we’ll throw a couple goodies in. To the top three winners, we’ll offer:
- $25 worth of marketplace credit.
- Your choice of either the featured author or featured item spot.
- 1 item promo Tweet of your choice, to be posted across every marketplace Twitter account.
- The coveted “Won a Competition” badge. Shine it – and shine it often.
- 1 five minute hug from any Envato staff member of your choice.
So get started, and let me know if you have any questions! You have until June 10th to submit your template zip file.
Yay! I’m working on it!
can we submit more than one entry?
..we get a video of the five minute hug or just the audio?
Do we need to make one for each marketplace, or just Graphic River?
Great …. competition is back …
Ooh … I am also start working…
@silenceplease – Submit as many as you like, but you can only receive 1 of the top 5 spots.
@mordauk – They need to be relevant to all of the marketplaces. So, for example, if you use, say, the GraphicRiver logo in the template, you should also provide additional hidden layers for the other marketplaces.