I have this 3 tabbed box in wordpress that I want to dispaly content in. The weird thing is that the box works perfect on my computer. I set the box up using wamp on the theme that I am working on. But when I upload the theme to the internet, the tabs stop working. I am using jquery to run the box. I think it has something to do with wp_head. Is there a special way to call the scripts in the head section so that it doesn’t interfere with wp_head?
I don’t know if you’re running any plugins that are require some other JS files but something could be conflicting
I disabled all the plugins and it’s not working. I think it has something to do with wp_head. No matter what I do, I can not get the scripts to run.
It’s nearly impossible to debug without seeing some/all of the relevant code, anyway you could post some and elaborate more on what you are trying to accomplish? Thanks
I installed wamp on my computer. I installed wordpress and then purchased a theme here. I installed that theme into the wordpress that is running on my computer through wamp. I then downloaded the database for a site that is online right now. This allowed me to make an exact duplicate of the site on my computer. I then used that duplicate to modify the theme I purchased here to the owners specs. Just added some things she wanted. This is a friend of mine.
So her site running online and an exact duplicate of the site running on my computer through wamp.
I made a tabbed box to display posts. I used custom code found online to pull the posts from categories to display them in the tabbed boxes. the idea is that when you click the tab, it would display the post in that box. This is run by jquery. This all works on wamp.
1. the tabs.js file isn’t running the tabs, this does work on my computer just not online
2. all the code needed to run the tabs is present. I just dragged and dropped from my computer to the themes folder online. If it works locally, it should work online. It doesn’t
3. After searching the codex and online. I have come to the conclusion that the wp_head() is loading jquery libraries in the wp_includes folder. This could be causing it. I have not been able to find a way around it.
4. Removing the wp_head from the header.php didn’t fix it.
5. I tried both bloginfo(‘template_directory’); and stylesheet_directory and then the absolute link to the files and that didn’t work.
6. I have found jquery code in the wp_includes folder. Tried using that instead of uploading the scripts to the js folder inside the theme folder. didn’t work.
7. Tried disabling all running plugins to see if that had anything to do with it. Didn’t work.
Thanks for taking the time to help.
1 min after making this post, somone suggested using google code instead of linking in the site and it worked. The tabs are working now.