1085 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Elite Author
+12 more
damojo
says

Great idea, and please give us some statistics on items views too :)

+1

755 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 6
  • Author Level 7
  • Collector Level 1
+7 more
skyplugins
says

I don’t think envato would share that kind of information publicly since it might contain some kind of confidential stuff.

755 posts
  • 9 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 3
  • Author Level 6
  • Beta Tester
+6 more
djankey
says

+1

41 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 5
  • Collector Level 2
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
jimmyme
says

It’s also good to know how many times your item has been bookmarked. for authors and customers.

3804 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Author Level 12
  • Trendsetter
  • 8 Years of Membership
+14 more
KrownThemes
says
I don’t think envato would share that kind of information publicly since it might contain some kind of confidential stuff.
An anonymous survey is confidential stuff? :D

thumbs up for the idea +1
1680 posts Chris Robinson
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 11
  • 8 Years of Membership
  • United States
+13 more
contempoinc
says
There is one downside, competitors getting hold of the data. I think only authors should be able to see this kind of data.

Agreed

An addition to the motion… I’d like stats for how many hits on each of my items, vs. sales of the item and time spent on the page, what page they came from and left to, and preferably which hits were sales and which weren’t.

+1 the more stats the better.

It would be a voluntary survey as far as the buyer statistics go

478 posts
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 3
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 3
+4 more
kevinsturf
says

+1

922 posts
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Power Elite Author
  • Author Level 12
+15 more
MDNW
says
There is one downside, competitors getting hold of the data. I think only authors should be able to see this kind of data.

Agreed

An addition to the motion… I’d like stats for how many hits on each of my items, vs. sales of the item and time spent on the page, what page they came from and left to, and preferably which hits were sales and which weren’t.

+1 the more stats the better.

It would be a voluntary survey as far as the buyer statistics go

Agreed – I was thinking of this myself – but so long as the survey is 1) voluntary and 2) doesn’t actually include buyer-specific data in the output (rather, percentages and bulk numbers would be given), I think this would respect the privacy policies. It’s ultimately up to the TF admins though whether or not this sort of survey is plausible. They might not even want authors being able to see this type of business-confidential information as they are a private company – plus – voluntary surveys are going to be skewed towards the 5% of people who actually choose to fill it out.

Still – I wouldn’t mind seeing, at the very least, the amount of traffic that hits my profile page / individual product pages as well as bookmarks. That seems like a heavy dev request though to source out that type of analytics on a larger scale across the site. Anyways – good thread here – great idea OP :)

8586 posts Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • 8 Years of Membership
  • Winner
+10 more
MSFX
says

+1

realistically I think time spent on page is a dream statistic even thought it is probably one of the most useful to us… page views / bookmarks and whatnot would be nice though :)

1055 posts Massfocus
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
+10 more
Massfocus
says

+1

by
by
by