Hello i am new on envato, i mainly signed up for themeforest.net and didn’t even know about the 3Docean section which is so cool! I have some questions in regards to file submissions.
First of all there’s no need to mention obj, it is absolutely mandatory for all object exports.
1) Are there any specific rules for materials and textures?
2) Can textures from www.cgtextures.com be used (on models not resell of course) if i ask for a license? The site claims that they offer free textures even for commercial reasons so i guess they will give me a written license.
3)What about handpainted textures? Will the object be worth more if self-made?
4) What about zbrush high details and normal maps? Do they also count?
I plan on getting ready to work on 3Docean as well with a lot of brand new envato-exclusive artwork! I plan to make them complete (lighted, shaded, textured and ultra high polygon normal mapped). I am looking forward to meeting the sites expectations.
Thanks a lot, Michael
1) As long as the materials are your own work and textures are appropriate for resale, everything is fine.
2) You have to contact CGtextures.com and ask them, just to stay clear of any copyright breaches.
3) No, not really, but highly advisable.
4) Every bit of data counts
Looking forward to see your work !
Good luck Michael !
2) CGtextures can be used, but it’s not allowed to resell.. Check cgtextues.com under the tab about -> license you can find more info!
Welcome to 3DOcean, try uploading some simple stuff so you can get the hang of the uploading/review/approval process.