13 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Australia
  • Author Level 7
  • Featured Author
+9 more
EmperorVFX
says

I’ll add bug tickets for the other issues people are seeing (blue tints etc), and get them looked at too.

Thanks madlep.

877 posts
  • Copyright Ninja
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Author Level 6
+6 more
GrizzleFX
says

I like the look of the newest player, although some of the edges look a bit funky, overall it’s better than the first update. Here are some problems I still have with it:

I would like to be able to change the volume without having to open a pop up thingy but I can’t speak for everyone else.

Lastly the tinting hasn’t been fixed, which in my opinion, is the biggest problem, all of my projects with white textured backgrounds are bleached and overly white in the preview video, which definitely doesn’t help sales. I’m sure everyone can agree with me on this one.

3022 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Author Level 9
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Elite Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
+14 more
Creattive
says

Lastly the tinting hasn’t been fixed, which in my opinion, is the biggest problem, all of my projects with white textured backgrounds are bleached and overly white in the preview video, which definitely doesn’t help sales. I’m sure everyone can agree with me on this one.

+1

24 posts
  • Author Level 2
  • Collector Level 2
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
SamuelBrooks
says

Both my product videos won’t stream still :/ had this issue even before the update.

241 posts Marketplace Developer
  • Collector Level 1
  • New Zealand
  • 4 Years of Membership
madlep
says

We just deployed an update that changes UI skin for the new player so the time is shown better. Hopefully that should work a bit better.

We’re still looking into the blue tint issue.

13 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Australia
  • Author Level 7
  • Featured Author
+9 more
EmperorVFX
says

+1

1121 posts inlifethrill
  • Affiliate Level 5
  • Author Level 9
  • Collector Level 3
  • Top Monthly Author
+12 more
InlifeThrill
says

It has some brightness added as well. Good to see it is being worked on.

839 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author Level 4
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 2
+5 more
abstract-labs
says

If anyone is having problems with videos not playing, or stopping part way though, could you do the following for me: - go to http://cloudharmony.com/speedtest...

Hi Madlep here is my test:

Service    Location    Time (secs)    # of Samples    Transferred (MB)    Min Mb/s    Max Mb/s    Std Dev    Median Mb/s    Avg Mb/s
Simple Storage Service (S3)    IE    12.92    4    2.97    1.46    2.78    29.49%    2.18    2.02
839 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author Level 4
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 2
+5 more
abstract-labs
says

Madlep as you said part of the problems are related to bandwidth, for example I was having problems with another preview, at the end I checked the file size, it was 101 Mb! of course I was having problems… Why don’t we use mp4 previews for best quality and very small file size? mp4 are playedback very nicely through an Action Script 3 player (I think it doesn’t even require the Devs to modify its structure).

512 posts
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 6
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 2
+3 more
5p1r17
says

Madlep as you said part of the problems are related to bandwidth, for example I was having problems with another preview, at the end I checked the file size, it was 101 Mb! of course I was having problems… Why don’t we use mp4 previews for best quality and very small file size? mp4 are playedback very nicely through an Action Script 3 player (I think it doesn’t even require the Devs to modify its structure).
I think, that’s because they don’t want or can’t convert all previous 40 000+ .flv’s to another format :) Best option here will be player with multiple formats support…. Maybe I’m wrong…

Sometimes have some problems with videos too. Here is my test…

Service     Location     Time (secs)     # of Samples     Transferred (MB)     Min Mb/s     Max Mb/s     Std Dev     Median Mb/s     Avg Mb/s
Simple Storage Service (S3)     IE     6.55     4     3.73     2.22     16.04     104.47%     4.21     6.28
by
by
by
by
by
by