I just finished my first work, done some cool brushes. I included the Help file that has listed the fonts and the images that I used in preview image. My idea was to include a small tutorials, more like tips & tricks in the same Help file but I need to use photos and illustrations as a background. My question is: Is it allowed to put pictures that are not mine in Help file? It will be in PDF , so I am not uploading separate photos, they are embedded in PDF . Under every photo there is a link where you can download the file.
Any thoughts? Or any other idea how to do this?
If their license allow them to be freely redistributed and free for commercial use then I don’t think you’ll have any problem in embedding them in PDF .
Thanks Raincutter for very fast reply!
Their license doesn’t mention commercial use, but redistributing is forbidden
Thank you as well for a fast replay and for alternative, I just discovered it 2 hours ago… It seams that I’ll have to do new examples and preview
PS: Congrats on becoming Community Moderator!
Sorry people for bothering you again, but I am still not sure if I can use photos that are not mine in a preview or preview set? And if I can include them in PDF Help file. Please spear a minute to read the licence, it’s making me confusing :
You may use the Image
- In digital format on websites, multimedia presentations, broadcast film and video, cell phones.
- In printed promotional materials, magazines, newspapers, books, brochures, flyers, CD/DVD covers, etc.
- Along with your corporate identity on business cards, letterhead, etc.
- To decorate your home, your office or any public place.
- For pornographic, unlawful or other immoral purposes, for spreading hate or discrimination, or to defame or victimise other people, sociteties, cultures.
- To endorse products and services if it depicts a person.
- In a way that can give a bad name to SXC or the person(s) depicted on the Image.
- As part of a trademark, service mark or logo.
- SELLING AND REDISTRIBUTION OF THE IMAGE (INDIVIDUALLY OR ALONG WITH OTHER IMAGES ) IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN ! DO NOT SHARE THE IMAGE WITH OTHERS !
I am using image in Preview so I can demonstrate usage of brushes as well as in PDF Help file, and images are NOT included separately. Can I do that with this licence?
hmm.. from what I can see, you’re surely using an image from SXC . If the image you want to use contains a human recognizable feature then you must contact the author and ask for permission since those doesn’t come with model release on SXC .
But even if it doesn’t have a model in it, then too it wouldn’t hurt to ask for their permission. You can also try www.morguefile.com. You can use morguefile images in almost everything but hey, still it’s always good to read the full license details before using anything.