3875 posts Community Moderator
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Envato Tuts+ Instructor
  • Netherlands
+10 more
Joost
says

So glad my current Macbook is not due for replacement, otherwise I’d have a hard time containing myself ;) Marvelous looking machine, but definitely out of budget for me.

3072 posts
  • Affiliate Level 3
  • Author Level 6
  • Collector Level 2
  • Trendsetter
+8 more
wickedpixel
says

I’m sorry, but is this template retina responsive?

177 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 4
  • Collector Level 3
+2 more
xdkd
says

I’m sorry, but is this template retina responsive?

Ours are)

PixelBin_DISABLED
PixelBin_DISABLED Recent Posts Threads Started
1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 2
  • Weekly Top Seller
+5 more
PixelBin_DISABLED
says

I don’t really see the big deal over “retina”... I have to really look super close and concentrate to see any kind of difference between retina and normal. Anyway, I’m wondering something about Retina and image size. Since the resolution is super high in a smallish form factor, won’t everything look super small on it? Like a 960px site would look very narrow on this screen. And any image in general will look way smaller on it vs a regular screen with fatter pixels. Am I right, or don’t I understand the retina technology?

The resolution is doubled but the system is doubled as well so the relative size onscreen doesn’t change but there are 4x more pixels that make up the graphics therefore it is incredibly sharp. I take it you’ve never played with an iPhone 4+ or the new iPad before.

While the operating system can make fonts look good and any system apps as well as apps made Retina-ready specifically by developers, 99.9% of sites with tons of images will look crappy because upscaled images don’t look all that great. We better all hope CSS3 adoption becomes ubiquitous because browsers (at least Mobile Safari) tend to render CSS3 very well even on Retina displays.

1824 posts Videohive author & moderator
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
+12 more
Mocarg
says

The price is too big. Even for Apple.

1142 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Author Level 11
+9 more
purethemes
says

Haha, I love Apple pricing policy, in my country price range for new MBP is from 2939 USD to even 5000 USD !

Anyway, I’m getting soon Thinkpad T530 with FullHD IPS display (with a 95 percent color gamut) with i7 and SSD for less than 2000 USD , and it’s more than enought for me. Sorry Apple, you had a chance ;)

3007 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 5
  • Author Level 9
  • Bundle Boss
+8 more
duotive
says

Useless screen.

1142 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Author Level 11
+9 more
purethemes
says

Useless screen.

Useless? Man, it’s 2880×1800px Facebook machine for just 2100 USD

1680 posts Chris Robinson
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 11
  • 8 Years of Membership
  • United States
+13 more
contempoinc
says

Never liked laptops, where’s the retina iMac?

8586 posts Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • 8 Years of Membership
  • Winner
+10 more
MSFX
says

It’s a lovely device but the screen isn’t big enough, I want a 17”...

Yes there are more pixels but it’s in a smaller display area, I couldn’t image working on a 15” again…

And also, I don’t really want to spend £3k+ on a laptop… you could travel the world for a year on that money!

by
by
by
by
by
by