Hi Everyone, I am working on a custom shortcodes module for my themes and i am bit confused which way should i choose.
i read this thread http://justintadlock.com/archives/2011/05/02/dealing-with-shortcode-madness And as far as i have seen every theme on themeforest uses tons of shortcodes which can lead to those mentioned problems in the link.
However while Using the other method justin mentioned, i find it little clumsy to implement div’s and nesting of styles can be painful thing.
Any ideas for better and maintainable code ? Thanks for the help.
it’s not shortcodes tutorials for coder. you can find some better tutorial about shortcodes via google.
@rongcon thats not what i asked, read carefully. i don’t need a tutorial i need a suggestion which technique of the two(mentioned above) is better over other and why. thanks
I used my own shortcode plugin.. when I create a new theme I will just activate it.. so for me it’s shortcode
sorry I did not read carefully. It’s a problem with shortcode system of wordpress. There are some suggestions:
1. using shortcode plugins . then you can switch to everytheme and the shortcode will not lose.
2. justin’s solution.then you can switch theme without bad characters , the shortcode can be lose.
3. my solution : page builder + default editor:
- page buider : save all informations of shortcodes to post meta.
- default editor : keep the content in normal styles.
so when switch to new theme , there are no bad characters need to be removed. and the content still can be keep.