Anybody got an idea why this happens??? See below for News Plus Theme:
Installing Theme from uploaded file: themeforest-4208250-newsplus-magazineeditorial-wordpress-theme.zip Unpacking the package…
Installing the theme…
The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
Theme install failed.
- Download the final zip file from your downloads page.
- Unzip the final zip file; you should now have a final download folder.
- Do NOT upload the final download folder. Open up the final download folder.
- Browse the contents and find the actual theme folder. If you look inside the theme folder, you will see a “style.css” file. This is how you know you have found the theme folder.
- Via FTP, upload ONLY the theme folder to your “wp-content/themes” folder
- Login to your WordPress admin panel and activate the theme.
For future reference, you can interact directly with the author here. The link takes you to the item’s Comments section, where you can also browse previous posts for general theme troubleshooting.
Please let us know if you need any additional help. Thanks!
Yup. Saw that on another post and tried it. I can see the NewsPlus folder in my wp-content on my locally hosted wamp setup..
Does not show up in my admin panel.
What’s the deal with this? You guys can’t make a zip file that works?
Nevermind… I’m a dumb ass and was looking at the wrong screen. Been working to long today.
Hi again markandgary, so the full path is currently wp-content/themes/NewsPlus* and still no luck? I suggest contacting the author here, he’ll be able to point you in the right direction.
Depending on the author/item, an additional zip file will indeed be provided for a quicker installation. Please take a moment to read any/all instructions/documentation included inside the main download file.
Update – I’ve just read your additional post above. Glad to hear everything worked out. Cheers!