and congartz on making profit again
So what’s in for 2014?
New sportscar and a “newer hotter girlfriend” again ?
This is my timeline, was quite a journey
That’s pretty rock and roll.
My Little Journey
- Started Web Design at 13
- Found ThemeForest a few years later
- Saw ThemeForest as a goal to prove to myself I could make websites.
- First (and only) template accepted
- First few sales start to roll in copious amounts of joy
- Make a few codecanyon “projects”
- Try to make it full time job
- Get full time job 250 miles away from girlfriend
- Try making more templates
- Find a great designer, team up, make one template
- He disappears
- Square One
- Spend the next year constantly working on designs trying new things out, focusing on dribbble and themeforest
- Trying to rebrand myself and make themeforest full time
- Rebrand should be soon, fingers crossed freelance too
I’m currently in the ‘attempting to get an item on all marketplaces’ stage.. I’m currently on 6!
Signed Up, Being Idle
First HTML5 theme for TF – Rejected after 8 rounds of review.
2012 Feb – Aug:
Being Idle, no products for TF
New HTML5 theme got accepted, first comment, first sale, first 5 stars, first customization request, first harsh words also.
Second HTML5 theme released, listed on weekly popular for 2 weeks continuously
New HTML5 theme got accepted on very first review with reviewer’s feedback: “Simply beautiful.”
First WordPress theme released, also got listed on weekly popular items.
2012 Nov – 2013 June:
15 new themes released, hence the total of 23 themes
Just 3% more to reach the ‘Elite Author” status.
Thank you Envato, thank you reviewers, thank you buyers, fellow authors and supporters.
- found a job as a game developer, get dumped because lack of expereince
- founded a “webdesign company” with my current TF partner (classmate). We pin a flyer in a classroom, but no-one hired us.
- started programming game engine with C++ and OpenGl, get burned on collision detection
- started break dancing, quitted after 5 years, but learned this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46chv9YHUag
- spent whole summer selling cheap parfums with my TF partner
- spent summer selling telefone tarifes
- heard about TF, though it’s a bad idea
- started re-selling clothes from another country, ended with 2.5k$ debt ( half me, half friend)
- ended high school
- admitted on university
- created first TF theme and found out that it works
- quitted smoking ( 40 – 60 per day )
- found a GF
- broke up with GF
- started smoking again
- got a bachelor degree in finance
2013 - had a 4 months lasting health problem caused by teeth
Let’s face it, no one is gonna beat digitalscience’s post!
- 1. Register
- 2. Took the test
- 3. Uploaded first item
- 4. Rejected
- 5. Fraustrated
- 6. Got motived again
- 7. Uploaded another design
- 8. Rejected again
- 9. Fraustrated again
- 10. Got motivated again
- 11. Uploaded another design
- 12. Rejected again
- 13. Fraustrated again
- 14. Got motivated again
- 15. Uploaded another design
- 16. Rejected again
- 17. Fraustrated again
- 18. Got motivated again
- 19. Uploaded another design
- 20. Rejected again
- 21. Fraustrated again
- 22. Got motivated again
And So on and on and on, but i will never give up this is all thats left for me.
Till now, for me.
1- Sign up and take a category, which is Tumblr Themes.
2- Make a Theme and publish it on Themeforest.
3- Was soft rejected at first, but then resubmitted with improvements and then accepted.
4- Got my first sale the very first day, second sale was yesterday.
Will be pushing themes for WordPress and Tumblr now and get me an iPhone.