Hi all, I need an explanation about that.
We are working hard, even months for a work. Envato is placing it’s commission first. We are partners already. I am working for me and (absolutely) also working for envato. Is this not important thing?
People want valid reasons for any rejections not automatic messages. It takes 10 or 20 seconds. Please. Everywhere people are talking “We are a great community.” Yes we are. I believe that too.
I guess there are so many items that need to be review everyday and they can’t provide full details for every single item here.
I know it’s very disappointing to see your item is rejected after working weeks on it. But they can’t teach us how to make our items acceptable in this marketplace.
My first item was hard rejected after working 6 months on it and I was very upset at that moment, but after working more here, I’ve realized that the item which was hard rejected was not simply professional enough to be here on ThemeForest.
What I can say to you is to don’t give up and even if your item is hard rejected, try to learn more and make another item and try to improve it from head to bottom.
Hope this helps.
Edited: You have a great portfolio. Is the rejected item submitted to GraphicRiver or is it a new category?
Thanks Iman, fro kind of words.
My template is rejected, not hard rejected. I have worked for 2-3 months for it, but i got a review message like everywhere.
Here is my rejected template : bakirci.us/templates/blue
But I didn’t open this thread for my item. I spoke general.
There may not be detailed rejection information for authors who have no item yet in the library but people who have already have an approved item in TF deserves a 2 sentences review after the rejection.
In my opinion, if you get rejected just be grateful and do what they say, it means your item could be even more better. Just do it.
It is not about me or my item by the way. This thread can be closed if there is a valid maintenance like that.
Envato doesn’t have time to create in-depth review/feedback for each item submitted, nor should they. Imagine the submission queues if they spend that much time writing emails and teaching you something you should already know. It’s not a school, it’s a market. You’re either ready for it, or not. For feedback you have this community where you can ask and people will share their thoughts.
Also, Envato gives us VALID rejection reasons, just not EXTENDED reasons. They are valid nonetheless.
Imagine how many hundreds of themes and templates they have to go through every day? From the awful to the really good?
Their job is to reject the items that can’t be accepted and accept the items that can be
If an item is a tiny amount from being accepted they’ll give feedback but anymore it isn’t worth their time – They don’t earn commission they get paid to tell you if you’re item is up to standard
As for you typography and loading time needs a huge amount of work
- The loading time is crazy. It took me about 1min to load your theme and i have a 100MB/sec internet connection.
- The shaking effect is nice, but a bit too much. You should go with something more subtle, since the shaking can become really psychedelic after many hovers.
- Work on the typography more. The font you’ve chose for headings doesn’t look good in uppercase and it’s not even consistent throughout the entire design.
- Padding: you have almost none (as in whitespace).
- As a buyer, i want to see a project page. You have a portfolio but almost none of the projects from the grid link to an inner portfolio page and the ones which do this, land me on a page with typography.
- And last: implementation! You have a lot of blank links in your theme (#), which should be ok, but in your case (everything in one page), every time i hit a blank link it turns me to the homepage. I can’t play more than a few minutes with the theme, because this is confusing.
Now on your original question – it took me 10mins to write the above. ThemeForest reviewers are not here to provide you design feedback or mentor you on creating beautiful themes. They are here to reject or approve. You cannot expect them to spend 10min with each one theme from hundreds that are maybe uploaded.
Later edit: until i wrote everything two other people said the above paragraph
Ruben, much thanks for your message.
Ok. I am not saying deeper feedback. There can be checkboxes about issues like Typography Loading Time Smoothness Paddings
Reviewer can choose… but ok, fine. I have done.
Best regards people.