I’m stumbling upon a strang phenomena with a new item I uploaded. Locally all works ok every time, only from server it behaves completely weird.
I have a xml mp3 player which loads xml data from file. But from server it get’s stuck not loading the xml file properly. And I’ve noticed that many times if I view xml file in browser then after that when viewing the html/swf file it DOES load properly.
About the code;
public var myXML:XML
public var mySongs:XMLList;
public var loader = new URLLoader();
public var urlreq:URLRequest;
then it should load the xml file name from variable xmlmusicdatafile into a loader
urlreq = new URLRequest(xmlmusicdatafile);
If I trace(loader) right after .load it does trace [object URLLoader] but neither function setinit() nor function showxmlloadprogress() is being executed. It hangs on loading the xml file.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <musiclist> <musicitem> <itemname>life-is-creative-patrick-jansen.mp3</itemname> <title>life is creative</title> <artist>Patrick Jansen</artist> <album /> <link />http://marketplace.envato.com/user/patrickjansen/portfolio </musicitem> </musiclist>
If anybody has any clue or idea i’d appreciate it. Or if anybody wants to take a look at the file, email me directly (regular authors only).
I’m stuck in a black hole of knowing the xml load action has been triggered but the xml file never really started loading (showxmlloadprogress never starts tracing anything)
Ola P .
This should be something simple; I notice also there is some looping killing this on start base on my CPU . Your zip for download is also not showing anything. If you don’t solve it by tomorrow send me a sample of your simple player I will look at this or just the xml code trigger with your preload code .
Your file doesn’t load at all.
You have my mail if you need me.
vejo você depois .
did you import
import flash.events.*; import flash.net.*also try to place .load function after listeners