May 07, 2014 : HUGE UPDATE! We’ve overhauled the theme to now be fully ready for WP 3.9! Additionally, several section of the theme dashboard have been overhauled, including the Google Fonts picker, the Theme Options panel, and lots more.
Like this theme? Rate it from the download page & we’ll keep bringing new features & updates!
Action is a Premium Business & Marketing Theme for WordPressBased on our new Super Skeleton 2 Framework; Over 3 months in the making, we’ve re-coded our entire “Super Skeleton” framework from the ground up to leverage the best, cleanest, fastest features that WordPress has to offer.
Quite simply, this is the best, easiest, most flexible theme that we have ever created (and we’ve been doing this for 5 years)... and it’s the foundation for what we truly believe will be some amazing websites by you guys & gals!
To celebrate our new Super Skeleton 2 Framework, we’re unrolling a brand new theme options panel that’s unlike anything we’ve released to date. Gone are the cumbersome, complex options of the past – The new SS2 theme panel features simple visual cues, nested inline documentation, and the option to preload one of our hand-crafted skins, or build your own using our professional Skin Builder.
The entire Google Fonts library is embedded as well… you can even preview the fonts LIVE in the admin panel before selecting them.
Also gone are the 20+ page templates that we used to use. Why? Because with the new Drag & Drop Layout Builder, you won’t need them anymore… a veritable world of possibilities is at your fingertips with just ONE template. No more memorizing which template does what… What you see is, literally, what you get.
That’s all fine and well… but what we’re really geeked out about is that it’s all based on rock solid, compliant SEO friendly code that passes every “WordPress Theme Review” test that we could throw at it.
Let’s dig in, shall we?
The Full List of Theme Features
- Playlists from Spotify or Rdio
- Local audio/video files or use any major service (YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, etc.)
- Be ready for the new WP Post Formats plugin before it even comes out!
- Unleash all 10 Post Formats in all their glory.
- Standard, Image, Video, Audio, Gallery, Quote, Aside, Status, Link, & Chat.
- Play music, video, or slideshows with the touch of a finger.
- Custom Styling for each Post Format.
- Use the Skin Builder to color just about anything on the theme.
- Customize individual pages with highlight colors for visual content binding.
- Integrate easy social options.
- Build your own header layout design.
- Page-Sensitive options for easy customizing.
- Over 650 Fonts – preview them live in the dashboard and pick them without looking at a single line of code.
- Easy Typekit Integration if you want even more.
- SEO / Semantic type elements.
- Pure “REM” sizing & unitless scaling (fancy words for “it’s easy to customize”).
- In-Dash, context-appropriate documentation.
- No need to open any PDF files.
- Discover how to use the theme features in the actual admin panel.
- Quick Start Checklist.
- Developer-friendly code documentation.
- WP Slider Revolution (the top selling CodeCanyon plugin!)
- 2D / 3D Effects – Fixed or Full Width – Images, Video, or Text.
- Simple Sliders (using an easy visual builder UI)
- Tabbed Content Sliders (slide anything from text to videos!).
- JetPack Carousel for WP Galleries.
- Optional Social Sharing for EACH image/video (great for pinning!)
- Pick one of 10 custom overlay effects.
- JetPack Carousel for WP Galleries.
- Discover over 100 unique configurations (with more on the way!).
- Perhaps the easiest “Sortable Grid” system ever.
- Link to Posts or to a Lightbox.
- Perfect for Images, Video, or even Audio!
Theme SupportGot a question about how to use the theme? We’ve got answers. Our small team is serious about customer support – check out our dedicated support site built on the easy-to-use Ticksy platform.
Keep your ticket private for one-to-one assistance, or open your ticket up to the public and other theme users can help out as well as our expert support staff.
You’ll have access to this support site for life. No expirations.
The ExtrasWe’ve pre-packaged lots of goodies into our theme so you don’t have to. Note that all of these deserve the full credit for their own plugins/features/etc. – we’ve done the work integrating these awesome tools into our theme – they actually built the tools though. Here’s the list:
- WP Slider Revolution
- The Elegant Drag and Drop Builder Plugin (GPL/GNU)
- The Elegant Shortcodes Plugin (GPL/GNU)
- WP JackBox – Lightbox
- Foundation Icons (GPL/GNU)
- Responsive, Touch Friendly Advanced Scroller
- Responsive Multi-level Mobile Menu (GPL/GNU)
- Google Web Fonts
A Note on GPL/GNU: I’m personally a huge fan of GPL and as we’ve included some outstanding resources in our theme because of GPL, it’s only natural that I should want to extend the same privilege to other fine folks!
As far as we’re concerned, we’d like the use of this theme to be in full accordance with the GPL. What prevents us from doing so officially is the stipulation about plugin inclusion… In short, what isn’t GPL are the premium plugins that we’ve included (JackBox, Revolution Slider, Advanced Scroller, etc.). We can’t speak for those software makers, so if you want to use this theme in a GPL manner, you’ll need to remove those plugins or contact the authors for permission to do so.
I’ll very seriously consider releasing a fully open, stripped down, standalone version of this theme for that reason… but frankly, those premium plugins bring a lot to the table in terms of premium functionality, so it’s going to be a tough call. Just know that it’s ultimately our goal to release in accordance with GPL within the next couple of months, so we’ll hopefully be finding open source alternatives to any premium plugins so we can do so. If you have any leads on this sort of thing, let us know!
If you’re a fellow developer or designer and you would like to do something cool with our theme – go ahead and do so! Just keep in mind my note about the premium plugins (you can’t use them without the permission of their respective authors). Once you’ve done that, you are free to do anything with this theme that GPL might allow as far as I am concerned. If you have any questions, feel free to ping me at http://makedesign.ticksy.com with any questions. In regards to the official ThemeForest rules, check out this page.
Credits: In the demo we’ve used images from DesignModo’s UI kits.