Responsive Premium WordPress ThemeThank you for choosing CosmoThemes and purchasing one of our Premium WordPress Themes – your choice is greatly appreciated!
Afternight is a versatile drag-and-drop layout builder theme intended to power blog / magazine, concerts, night clubs and places sites.
Drag and drop template builderCheck this demo video about template builder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2n0o7_7fpo
You can use the template builder to display any content type you wish on any page: category posts, tags, banners, boxes, team groups, testimonials, latest or featured post, widgets, even individual posts.
For each added element you can choose how to display your content: carousel, filter, load more button or pagination and sort the content by date, likes, number of views, etc.
You can also choose your layout: full width or with sidebar and enable the timeline, grid, thumbnail or list-view.
When you initially install the theme, you will already have 3 default templates in your list:
- Mainpage that is assigned for your Mainpage layout
- Default that is assigned for your Archives by date, Post format, Post type, Attachment, Author, Categories,Tags, Search layouts, etc.
- Posts that is assigned for your Pages, Posts and Portfolio Layout
Each template is comprised of the following areas: Header, Content and Footer.
Each of these areas contains several so-called elements: Logo, Main menu, Log in menu, Slideshow, Widgets, etc
Multiple layouts – Timeline view, list view, grid view, thumbnail viewYou can have multiple blog layouts: grid view, thumbnails view, timeline or list view and choose between the image resize method: resize or crop.
You can use the narrow or large port-view layout by simply ticking the corresponding setting from backend. Feel free to choose the boxed version, as well.
Also, you can set different colors for your body and headings. Not the least, you can add background images for individual posts or for the whole site. The theme comes with several predefined background patterns, as well.
Fav or like user-submitted postsEnable the “Like” feature to let users easily access faved posts and raise their rating. When a certain post reaches the limit of 50 likes it will become hot. The like limit can be changed from backend while the number of likes for all posts can be randomly generated.
Responsive themeAfternight is a responsive theme. It uses a framework that permits the site to be accessed on all mobile devices, including iPad and Android powered tablets.
Built-in login and registrationLet your users login or register without leaving the page. The built-in eye-candy login form will pop-up when trying to enter site’s prohibited areas, such as “Add a new post ”.
Users can also register/login to your site using their Facebook accounts.
Every registered user can edit his profile from his personal account page which now offers avatar upload, password change and other personal data edit.
Front end submittingLet your registered users upload posts directly from front-end. The front-end submitting permits users to choose their post format: image, video, audio, text and attachment. Each and every single format can be enabled or disabled.
Tooltip helpersEver wondered how to tell your users of a specific feature or important message on your site? You can now achieve this with theme’s built-in tooltip manager. You can use it on every single page on your site being able to add an infinite number of such hints.
Facebook and default commentsYou can either enable the default comment system or opt for the Facebook comments.
Add your Facebook application ID so you can moderate comments.
Sidebars and widgetsThe site uses unlimited sidebars for you to be able to insert as many widgets as you need to get the most of your theme: Categories with icons, Content tabber (hot posts, new, comments, tags), Flickr, Twitter, Latest posts, Social media, Top authors, Submit content.
Select a different layout for each of your posts: containing a left sidebar, a right sidebar or displayed full-width.
Social media readyAll posts have built-in social-media share buttons that users can click and promote any content of your web-site. Enable or Disable them for any particular post or page.
Powerful backendAfternight comes with a revised powerful back-end to let you control all sites option without the need to hack or customize your own features.
Translatable theme. Internationalization readyAfternight comes with a .PO file that allows you to translate the theme into your language. Follow the instructions from documentation.
Other featuresThe theme also uses built-in breadcrumbs, dropdown menus, image resizing, 100+ shortcodes, built-in related posts and social-media sharing, and comes with an extensive documentation to help you get started.
Support:If you happen to face some difficulties with this theme, consider to use our support, which is conducted through the CosmoThemes support ticketing system: https://cosmothemes.zendesk.com/
Support for all the themes will be available only on the above platform.
version 1.5 (Sept 14th, 2015)
-FIX: Fixed wp_widget with __construct;
-FIX: Mobile menu container class added;
version 1.4 (June 26th, 2015)
– UPDATE: deleted Cosmo API deprecated function
– FIX: PrettyPhoto security update
– FEATURE: mobile menu in afternight
– FIX: Twitter widget: multiple instances fatal error
– UPDATE: security fix
– UPDATE: deleted CosmoNews deprecated function
version 1.3 (February 14th, 2015)
– Load more button will not appear when there are no posts to be loaded;
– Fixed shortcodes due to WP 4.0 update;
– Added post title in comment widget;
– Cosmouploader error fix, typo fix in portfolio uploader, Related posts and tags fixed for portfolios;
– Translation fixed repeating events dates, also the Search button translation;
– Translation fixed for week days in events;
– Translation fixed for event format archives;
– Translation fixed for event categories;
version 1.2 (May 20th, 2014)
- related posts fixed for tag and category, in WP 3.8;
- fixed top authors tab change;
- fixed top authors alghoritm;
- upgraded top authors, so that the data retrieved from Wordpress.com to be taken once a day, not at every refresh;
- renamed the hook “masonry” into “newmasonry” due to WP 3.9 update;
- added category description;
version 1.1 (December 17, 2013)
– fixed tags and categories in portfolios for Wp 3.8.
version 1.0 (December 12, 2013)
– created button for bulk update posts layout settings;
– fixed prettyPhoto;
– fixed timeline view for iPad;
– fixed featured image size in single posts;
– modification due to the username change from ThemeForest;
– fixed recover password action.
version 0.9 (August 2, 2013)
- added delay for load more when masonry is enabled;
- fixed child theming;
- added possibility of assigning the post’s template to a possible newer Custom Post;
- added WP 3.6 compatibility;
version 0.8 (June 27, 2013)
- fixed some issues when comments are disabled
- fixed html validation errors
- display the label for text/shortcode element
- fixed Header custom color setting
- load custom css fixes
- changed color picker
- removed label description for text element
- show all testimonials in backend
- fixed accordion shortcode
-hide default post formats in wp 3.6
- fixed some jQuery Migrate deprecated functions
- moved functions from featured_image.php and comments.php to main.php
- fixed error on adding 2+ pages in template
- prettyphoto fix for images in gallery
- fixed date localization
- updated twitter widget to be compatible with API 1.1
version 0.7 (March 30, 2013)
- improvements for settings page
- added possibility to sort post randomly
- for event posts added possibility to sort them by event start date
- added author bio to author profile page
- removed some legacy code
- fixed the way google fonts are loaded
version 0.6 (Feburary 20, 2013)
- fixed variable issue related to portrait mode for portfolios
- fixed bug in custom posts widget
- added instagram social profile option
- updated revolution slider
- fixed carousel issue on front page
- fix with draft posts on front page
- facebook “like” glitch
- changed the label name for custom post taxonomy
- fixed featured image bug for video posts
- changed video and Audio player – made compatible with iOS
version 0.5 (February 27, 2013)
- fixed inline block on safari
- added additional verification to not allow front end submission if the page for it is not selected
- fixed repeating events dates on single event page
- fixed builder hint after we add and edit a new row
- fixed search for posts in builder
- show “number of posts” option for boxes
- hide “Enable masonry” and “Remove gutter” options for boxes
- load js scripts in the footer
- fixed some validating errors
- fixed theme-check errors
- fixed related posts bug in single portfolio
- created widget that allows to list latest posts/custom posts from selected taxonomies
version 0.4 (February 13, 2013)
- added success message after saving a template - moved “Display featured image inside the post” and “Enable pretty-photo ligthbox” options from General settings to Post settings - retrieve google fonts using API , now there are ~ 360 fonts - added no-skin option for posts - portfolios submitted by subscribers didn’t have custom taxonomy assigned - reset query after banners and boxes are used to avoid some conflicts - fixed featured image inside page - added custom meta field to portfolios - added text align option in builder - fixed load more js error for mobiles that happened when masonry was enabled - add login box it in the code only when this element is added in the header - added Label name in front of element type name in the template builder - fixed issue related to default row settings when a new template is created - admins could not disable portfolio front end submission. Now you can disable it if no categories are selected for portfolios. - removed “edit”, “delete” links for events - made possible random likes generation for ‘event’ post type - fixed bug that didn’t dhow the likes for posts submitted from front end
version 0.3 (February 2, 2013)
- added events custom post
- improved template builder
- added single template for events post type
- fixed isotope bug
- fixed prettyPhoto bug
- added and implemented Event, latest events and Event categories elements to the template
- added link to mp3 file for audio posts
- added user generated custom fields to events
- changed views for events
- added calendar icon
- added event categories layout
version 0.2 (January 26, 2013)
- changed team member and boxes image uploader to use featured image
- info box shortcode changes
- disable ‘filter by ’ behavior for latest posts
- added delimiter before related posts
- added option ‘No gutter’ for thumbs view
- fixed related posts bug
- tags separator before related posts
- changes to infobox shortcode
- include and initialize jquery-ui-timepicker-addon.js
- added settings and additional info boxes
- fixed event repeating_options translate bug
- fixed boxes styles and colors
- fixed event repeting_options translate bug
- fixed boxes styles and colors
- info box shcode changes
- other various fixes