Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
User authentication and authorization are mandatory components of nearly every web application. You could always roll your own solution, but that’s not considered best practice. It is too easy to introduce a security flaw into your system that could lead to compromised user data. Instead, it’s better to use a robust existing authentication and authorization library.
This course will teach you how to use Microsoft’s Identity framework—a complete user authentication and authorization system for ASP.NET applications.
What You’ll Learn
- Install Identity from scratch.
- Create and organize the necessary objects.
- Customize the user class and allow users to sign in.
- Integrate Facebook authentication with OAuth.
- Incorporate email support.
- Create role-based authentication.
About the Instructor