Responsive WordPress Blog ThemeAvocet is a unique and beautiful WordPress blog theme created for lifestyle bloggers who write especially about fashion, travel and food. Designed with readability in mind, Avocet’s excellent typography and efficient use of space make your blog a pleasure to read and browse. With three sliders, four headers and, numerous typography and layout options, the theme gives you the flexibiltiy to change your blog’s look and feel with a click of a button. All of this is enabled by a robust and extensively tested code. If that wasn’t enough, our efficient, effective and timely support makes sure that you focus only on what’s important – creating your next big post!
An elegant and beautiful Fashion Blog
Avocet was originally designed for fashion bloggers. Our research showed us that many fashion bloggers use a lot of black on their sites. But we didn’t want to overdo it. The result is a balanced use of the color all across the theme. Another thing we noticed that there are two types of fashion bloggers – the ones who love Serif fonts and the ones who don’t. So, we added support for 600+ Google fonts to choose from. Not just that, the demos showcase the theme’s ability to incorporate each and every font with elegance and perfection.
A modern yet beautiful Food Blog
If you support your blog with amazing food photography, Avocet’s Modern blog layout might interest you. Not only it highlights your images with a unique layout that makes your blog stand out from the crowd, it also keeps your food blog responsive on all devices. As a food blogger, you might also need a way to display your recipes beautifully. That’s what we’re working at the moment. We’ll add support for one of the most popular recipe plugins in the near future.
An equally beautiful Travel Blog
The features and layouts explained above also allow a travel blogger to utilize the powerful options to turn their regular travel blog into an eye-catching travelogue. Use any of the eight blog layout options along with two beautiful Instagram feed layouts in the footer to share your travel experiences. You can also switch to a light version of post titles if it is too much black for your taste.
Full Feature List
8 Thoughtfully Created Blog Layouts
3 Sliders to Highlight Your Favorite Posts
- Mixed (Standard Large Post + List + Grid)
- 2 Grid Posts + List
- Standard Large Post
- Grid (1st Post Standard)
- List (1st Post Standard)
- Beautiful 1-Column Slider with Ken Burns effect
- Unique 2-Column Slider
- Full-width 3-Column Slider
- Change Slider layout by changing the number of columns from 1 through 3
- Select posts using latest posts, categories or post ID options
- One-click disable
Carousel for Most Commented Posts
- Highlights a single post
- Select the post using most commented, latest posts, categories or post ID options
- Option to add a custom title
- Disable anytime
Strategically Located Call-to-Action Area
- Display posts with most comments
- Can also be used to display latest posts, categories or post ID
- Option to add a custom title
- One-click disable
One-Click Search and Filter
- Thoughtfully designed CTA area with complete customization controls
- Available in two color schemes and two layouts
- Change title, description, button label and link within WordPress’ Customizer
- Disable anytime
- One-click access to Search Function and Filters
- Drop-down animation
- Filter by Category, Tag, Month or Year
- Option to keep only the Search function
- Separate Options to disable each filter
Did we mention Shortcodes?
- About Page powered by a gorgeous shortcode – You will fall in love with it. Check it out!
- Contact Page powered by Contact Form 7 and yet another perfect shortcode for a Call-to-Action. See for your yourself.
- Search Result – Nothing Found
- Search Results / Archive Page
- Full-width page + Latest Posts (content followed by Latest Posts)
- Full-width page
- Default Page with Sidebar
Developed with Industry Best Practices
- Two very beautifully designed shortcodes which actually serve a purpose.
- Integrated as a plugin. You will never loose your data in case you switch your theme.
- What else? More amazing shortcodes are in the making.
Perfect SEO-friendly HTML Structure
- W3C Compliant HTML5 and CSS3
- Powered by SASS (CSS with Super Powers)
- WordPress 4.4 Ready
- Translation Ready
- Child Theme Included
Built with Mobile-First Approach
- A well-structured and error-free HTML that allows for a better search engine ranking.
One of the Most Organized WordPress Customizer
- Passed Google Mobile Compatibility Test
- Ultra Responsive Design
- Retina Ready
Effective and Timely Support
- Take control of your blog like never before
- Each option thoughtfully nested under relevant section
- Intuitive and easy to understand nomenclature
- Still can’t locate what you need? Use our online documentation.
Custom Instagram Feed for Footer
- 16/7 Availability as per Support Agreement
- Online documentation
- Tips and guidance within Customizer
- Customizer Sections with direct links to Online Documentation for easy reference
Custom Tag Cloud in Footer
- Two very beautiful, never-seen-before layouts for your Instagram feed
- Switch between the two layouts with a single click
- Custom button linked directly to your Instagram account
Custom Styling for MailChimp widget
- Displays post tags in an interesting way
- Engages users into exploring more content from the blog
Beautifully Designed ‘About’ Widget
- Amazingly designed widget. It never looked so beautiful.
Other Custom Widgets
- Add your profile image to the widget to complete the design
- We’re sure the rest of the design will enhance your profile
- Custom button to automatically link the widget to your About Me page
Other Salient Features
- Recent Posts – Unique in its own way
- Tag Cloud
- Instagram – Brings along 4 different layouts
- Social Media Links
- Beautifully Styled Default WordPress Widgets
- Support for Contact Form 7
- Custom CSS field
- Translation Ready – .pot file included
- Child Theme included
Special thanks to Toan Nguyen (http://phpface.net) for helping us out with automatic theme update.
Most images used in theme demos have been sourced from Pexels and Unsplash. Some images have been sourced from Flickr community under Creative Commons 2.0 license. The links to the respective authors have been provided in the post/page their image appears in. The rest of the images were found on the internet and did not come with a license. We assume it to be safe to use these images commercially. However, we are not lawyers. Please report any errors/violations you know of to www.superavis.com.Avocet’s demo sites wouldn’t have looked so beautiful had it not been for these amazing photographers. We can never thank them enough for giving some of their best works to the world for free.
ChangelogVersion v1.5.1 (Latest) – 17 August, 2020
Fix: Plugin information in TGM Plugin Activation configuration.
Version 1.5.0 – 06 July, 2020
Version 1.5.0 (Latest) - 06 July, 2020 <pre> Tweak: Kirki is no longer included in the theme. It is a required plugin instead. Tweak: Replace Instagram feed plugin. Tweak: Add defaults to Featured Blocks fields in Customizer. Tweak: Include widgets in the plugin instead the theme. New: Add wp_body_open() function as per WordPress guidelines. </pre> Version 1.4.2 - Feb 6, 2018 <pre> Update: Latest Version of Kirki </pre> Version 1.4.1 - 20 July, 2017 <pre> Fix: Mobile menu issue on window resize. </pre> Version 1.4.0 - 26 June, 2017 <pre> Tweak: Removed Automatic Update feature Tweak: Removed Referral Sales Promotion tab from Customizer Fix: CSS issues. Fix: Doc Comments. </pre> Version 1.3.9 – 06 June, 2016 <pre> New: Option to change the language of Facebook widget Fix: Caption of Content Boxes in Internet Explorer 10 and Internet Explorer 11 Fix: Minor internationalization issues </pre> Version 1.3.8 – 13 May, 2016 <pre> Fix: Drop Cap was not working in Mozilla Firefox </pre> Version 1.3.7 – 1 May, 2016 <pre> Fix: Category description was visible in Search Overlay if a user adds a specific invalid HTML markup </pre> Version 1.3.6 – 26 April, 2016 <pre> Fix: Adsense code was not working properly in Advert fields Fix: Footer HTML markup </pre> Version 1.3.5 – 28 March, 2016 <pre> Tweak: Allowed HTML in Call to Action's Title and Description field Fix: Title of Call to Action's Description field was incorrect </pre> Version 1.3.4 – 11 March, 2016 <pre> Fix: Content Boxes in Featured Block published wrong links </pre> Version 1.3.3 – 08 March, 2016 <pre> Fix: Increased spacing between the header and three-column slider Fix: Internationalization and localization corrections </pre> Version 1.3.2 – 25 Feb, 2016 <pre> Tweak: Increased menu levels of the Primary Menu from 3 to 5 </pre> Version 1.3.1 – 22 Feb, 2016 <pre> Tweak: Allowed HTML tags in copyright statement in the footer </pre> Version 1.3 Major Release – 21 Feb, 2016 <pre> New: Content Boxes in Feature Block New: Ad space below Featured Block and above Footer New: Added support for Ad Injection plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/ad-injection) New: Added support for Disqus Comment System plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/disqus-comment-system) Fix: Theme update was not working with child themes Fix: Corrected font color of HTML tags (pre, code, kbd, tt, var and samp). Fix: Corrected styles of Pinterest button in 'Share This Story' if Pinterest plugin is installed. Tweak: Increased width of Style B Post Titles. </pre> Version 1.2.2 – 12 Feb, 2016 <pre> Fix: Some Google fonts were not working due to faulty CSS. Fix: Corrected a typo in an if statement in the functions.php. Fix: Removed an unnecessary PHP comment in template-tags.php. Tweak: Updated to Kirki v2.0.8. </pre> Version 1.2.1 – 06 Feb, 2016 <pre> New: Disable Sidebar for post page Fix: Styles of featured image in (Avocet) About Author widget when 'Make profile picture rounded' is not checked. Fix: Styles of username in Style B of Footer Instagram. Fix: Post ID field in the Customizer wasn't showing up when Post ID was selected as the source of the Featured Post. Fix: Toggle for Slider Pagination in the Customizer was not working. Tweak: Added ID to each style tag generated by Custom Codes in the Customizer. Tweak: Whitespace changes to make the code more readable. </pre> Version 1.2 Major Release – 03 Feb, 2016 <pre> New: White post title style New: Added font options New: Added color options New: Integrated Kirki toolkit in Customizer Fix: Spacing above content in Modern layout (left and right images) </pre> Version 1.1.3 – 29 Jan, 2016 <pre>Fix: Name of the function is_singular() was incorrect. </pre> Version 1.1.2 – 28 Jan, 2016 <pre>Fix: Alignment of carousel title. Tweak: Removed featured area placeholders. </pre> Version 1.1.1 – 20 Jan, 2016 <pre>Fix: Primary menu showed only 'More' when no menu was assigned Fix: Header had no space at the bottom when it had background color in small screens Fix: Alignment of content and button in Call to Action shortcode Fix: CSS of two styles of Call to Action shortcode was not applying Fix: Enabled slider pagination in small and medium screens. Fix: Special characters were being encoded in Custom CSS fields </pre> Version 1.1 – Major Release 19 Jan, 2016 <pre>New: Automatic theme updates within WordPress updates. New: Two Header styles: Style A and Style B New: Header Background Colors Option for Style A New: Two Sliders: 2-column (site-width) and 3-column (fullwidth) New: Widget Area: Alternate Sidebar New: Page template with Alternate Sidebar New: Option to limit categories, tags, months and years in Search/Filter overlay New: Option to disable slider pagination New: Sidebar on small screens Tweak: Added descriptions in WordPress Customizer Tweak: Replaced Owl Carousel with Slick Carousel Tweak: Changed names of options like Layout 1, Layout 2...Layout 4 to Style A, Style B...Style D Tweak: Broke down featured-block.php into additional template parts Tweak: Made wp_kses() more readable Fix: The last thumbnail of Style A of Footer Instagram Feed had a gap of 1 pixel Fix: Media queries for custom classes specific to Contact Form 7 were incorrect Fix: Media queries in customizer-style.php were incorrect Fix: Comment Ending in style.css was incorrect </pre> Version 1.0 – 15 Jan, 2016 <pre>Initial Release </pre>