This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
We bought the theme and amazing.
I have 2 questions:
1. is there a way to add breadcrumbs?
2. on the side column I would like to have Recent and Featured posts. i couldn’t find a way to check which articles are featured so I made a category named Featured.
I can choose to show the articles from that category only on the sidebar. The problem I have is I can see Featured as a category on over the artlicles featured image and also on the details page.
This is not good because Featured is not actually a category. There are articles from more categories.
Do you know a better trick?
Please let me know.
PS: in the future, maybe you can also integrate breadcrumbs and a checkbox for “featured” on the “Add new post” page in admin.
Love the theme. A few questions before I buy:
1) Is it possible to set each item on the home page as a fixed length so it is a little more like a grid?
2) Using a child theme, could I easily add an advertising unit to an article page, so the text of the article wraps around it?
3) How often are your themes updated?
Thanks so much, and good luck!
1) I assume you mean a fixed height. The width is set in the options panel but the height varies. You can set a fixed height by adding a height parameter to the container if you want them all to be the same height.
2) Yeah, we recommend using a child-theme. This would not effect any built-in features like advertising.
3) We update our themes as needed. This will normally include minor buyer feedback and when large WordPress releasing occur.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
I am getting a Error upload when I upload files, for some reason it uploads then its says error do you know how I can fix this issue?
Make sure you unzip the initial download. After you unzip the initial download, you will get a set of folders including the documentation. You will be uploading the “Bayside-WordPress.zip” file.
If that doesn’t help, send me an e-mail via my profile page and I can help you out promptly:
sorry I’m getting a error in uploading regular photos,jpg,mp4? to insert in post…
Hey – just a quick question about featured thumbnails – before this theme we used a wootheme which didn’t need you to add a featured image, it just pulled in an image from the post – we have over 800 articles without this image added – do you know of a way to pull in a thumbnail image without adding them all manually?
Hi I really need your help the site is running horrible there a way to fix this and re installed without losing all my work… or can you take a look at it for me ? http://urbanenews.com
I have 2 questions about implement it on my website (http://www.bechinam.co.il)
I have 2 question.
1. In the homepage I see title from the first post. How do I remove the title
2. I don’t see any menu or navbar near the logo. How can I fix it?
Thanks for a great theme! Translation options are quite poor but otherwise it is a very good purchase.
Just purchased this theme and have been hard at work editing all day.
Question for you.
How can I make the images with a post resize just like the featured image does, when you make the browser window smaller?
I am some full-width images in posts and unlike the featured image, they do not resize with the window but get cut off.
Can users sign up and post images like Pinterest?
Hi there, I love this theme but have a few questions before buying:
1. Can the sidebar width be changed to fit 300×250px ads?
2. I noticed some ads displaying within the masonry grid, however, is it possible to have 300×250px ads display automatically in the grid or do I have to create the ads as a post?
3. Does this theme work with plugins such as the All in One Calendar by Time.ly, AddThis, Disqus or Facebook comments?
4. We have a few thousand posts already using featured images set at 620×350px, will these be resized automatically?
5. Similar to your post pages, videos and galleries can be set as the featured image at the top, how is this handled in your theme? Would I have to recode all 2000 posts? One of our sites is www.g33kpron.com.
1) The sidebar can only fit ads that are 235 pixels wide.
2) You can have ads in side the masonry grid. This are a post format, so the post must be created for this.
3) We have not tested All In One calendar but it should work. AddThis and Disquss/Facebook Comments will work as many buyers use these.
4) These will not be resized but left alone. You can easily resize them though after installing our theme with a plugin like: http://wordpress.org/plugins/force-regenerate-thumbnails/
5) Yeah, posts, videos, and galleries are all using a Featured Image. You should not have to re-code your posts. We are using post formats though so you may have to adjust those posts. They are all created with a featured image, however the gallery for example needs to be marked “Gallery” post format. Same with the video.
is it possible to keep only two column news feed?? i mean not so many columns, only two columns, and sidebar only while viewing the site. Is it possible??
I have 2 questions before buying this theme.
1. Is it possible to have only 2 columns with different width and with infinite scroll (ex: 1st 280px, 2nd 560px or maybe with %), something similar to mashable.com
2. Can i change the sidebar width to more then 235px?
Thanks in advance,
1) The columns must be the same with (You can’t have different column widths). You can adjust this via the options panel.
2) This would require CSS customizations. Currently the sidebar is set to one defined width. The modifications would only be a few lines of CSS.
I just checked a guy who have purchased your theme and he does have 2 different size?
Can i do the same ?
It’s possible as that is our theme. But note that it would require quite a bit of customizing. The various column widths isn’t built-in. There is plenty of documentation online that you can follow if you want to take this on like the previous buyer: http://masonry.desandro.com
I buy this theme. How can ? use Turkish fonts in this theme… ?ÇÇ?Ü?ç?ü
How can ? remove this post header on my homepage… You can see on picture…
Hi, i know you’re going to say no but can the homepage have Soundcloud player popups like the youtube videos?
Unfortunately the light-box doesn’t work with Soundcloud out of the box. You could however check WordPress.org for some plugins that may support this. If you find one, it should be easy to implement with our theme.
OK thanks. Would having a SC player in the excerpt work, so they can still be played without having to open a post?
Yeah, you could easily embed the SC player in the excerpt. That would display without having to open a post.
Great, i’ll get this bought tonight. Thanks for the quick replies.
I will do, thanks but please look out for an email i’ve sent to you via your themeforest profile for now. I’ll be buying the theme tonight and working all weekend now.
Go it, just sent you an e-mail back .
Hi! Nice theme. I have a question. Is it possible to use the infinite scroll feature on the blog template page, instead of the pagination at the bottom?
Yeah, you can use the infinite scroll on the blog template. This is just a simple check-box option in the theme options panel.
Excellent! Thanks. I do have another question now – on that same blog template, is there a function to show the entire article instead of an excerpt while still having more than one post on the page?
Yeah, you would have to modify one line of code. Changing the_excerpt call to the_content. Then the blog template will pull in all of the article, instead of just the excerpt.
Great! Thanks for the quick reply.
hello, i could like to know how can i use my flickr image as Featured image? i know how to do it on post but not sure how to apply it on Featured image.
Hi, to what extent are the colours & fonts customisable? I can’t seem to find information on your info page or support.
Hi, thanks for working and making this theme. Absolutely brilliant.
Just had a quick question and suggestion.
How can I remove the gradient effect on the featured images on the pages? My images are the same resolution as the one’s shown in the demo, however the thumbnail for it on the actual homepage is shorter, and consequently the gradient is covering the entire image.
Additionally, the documentation talks about a Basic tab and slider option, which do not seem to be available any more.
Alrighty, thanks once again.
I bought the template and I’m happy with it. However one question. On the single post pages there’s a bos with links for sharing the post. Will there be an update with a Google+ sharing option? Or is there a way to do this myself (as a developer nitwit)?
This is more important then the print icon I think.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $18.50
Power Elite Author
Deliver better projects faster. Photos, templates & courses
Unlimited downloads. Only $29/month
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work