This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
Would it be possible to show posts in random order on the home page, rather than just by most recent?
Yeah, that would be possible. It would require one line of code to be adjusted on the homepage but we can help out with that.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Hey, the theme look awesome! Just one question before I purchase though – does it support aside posts?
We support all post types except aside posts. You could easily add this support in though if you wanted to without much work.
1) You can customize the social media bar icons. Adjusting the size of them requires one change of CSS that we can help you out with in our support forums.
2) You can remove the sidebar from pages (See Full Width Example). However the categories, homepage, anything listing posts will have the sidebar by default. If you wanted to remove those, you must customize this.
3) You can add related posts using many free plugins from wordpress.org.
4) You can adjust the post’s globally to make them smaller. This works on all pages, not just one though.
5) It is not possible at place an advertisement on the right of the page.
6) Same as question 2. This would require editing some CSS and templates.
Probably right under my eyes but I didn’t see an example for an audio post, could you point me in the right direction please?
It seems there is a style conflict with the audio player and the social sharing buttons, has this been fixed?
Yeah, I updated it so you can see how it works. It was merely a test example so I didn’t set a width.
Just have a couple of questions:
1. Is it possible to replace the ‘most recent’ in the sidebar for ‘most popular’ or ‘most read’? I mean that the theme measures the statistics and creates this list according to that.
2. Is it possible to replace the ‘social media feed’ in the sidebar by ‘readers comments feed’? So that all the comments from the readers on all the different posts are shown in that feed.
3. Is it possible to install a page limitation on the homepage? So for example that only the 10 most recent posts are shown, no possibility to ‘load more’?
4. Is it possible to create a ‘solid’ post? So a post that won’t move, will always be there, other posts moving around it?
5. Is it possible to add more than just 3 photo’s in the ‘photo-slide-post’?
6. Is it possible that people can sign up for the website and receive an email every time there is a new post?
Thanks for the reply!
1) You can adjust the text, however the posts are just a simple list based on a category. There are no statistics that check for this. You can look on wordpress.org if you want to add-in a plugin that checks for these things. There should be a few that can be used in sidebars.
2) No this is not possible.
3) Yes, you can limit how many posts pull into the homepage and turn off the pagination options.
4) You disable the responsive behavior if you wanted. This would limit the posts from moving. Otherwise, the content will adjust as your browser window does.
5) Yes, you can add an unlimited amount of images to your galleries.
6) This functionality is not built-in. You can check wordpress.org as I’m sure there is a plugin that can add this in.
I have to say that after using this theme for several weeks I have found that the support is simply awe inspiring. The theme worked for me flawlessly out of the box but I have had the need for a few tweaks (and one customization). The theme developer has not only responded quickly, but provided immediate solutions to my needs.
I have been building websites, using content management systems, for the better part of a decade. I would say that I have experience with more than one hundred themes in this time.
Never have I had this level of support. Mike has been amazing!
Thank you for what you do Mike. You are a true breath of fresh air.
Thanks for the great review! We always love getting positive buyer feedback!
You’re welcome. You deserve it! As I continue to build sites with Wordpress, your list of themes will be my first stop for choice.
I love the theme, just bought it. One concern I have.
After I click “Load More,” all of the featured images delete and the posts get pretty much smushed. This is what it looks like.http://imgur.com/1cvLOoq
Please help, this issue is pretty severe to my site. Thanks so much.
Hi! Great theme.
Just having some trouble displaying my video-post (with Vimeo lightbox) on my homepage… I have done everything by the book and it shows well on the homepage, but when you press the ‘play’-button it keeps loading forever and doesn’t pop-up.
My video is only 2,5 minute so that can not be the issue…
For the example check out: www.dehippevegetarier.nl. You can find the post in the third colomn, it is called ‘squats voor de benen’.
Please help me out!
Is there anyway to add “ads” in between the post list in homepage?, I mean like Mashable does. Thanks.
You can either add the advertisements inline like the live preview or in the sidebar like a standard website.
Thanks for the answer, a few more questions:
1. The ads are placed randomly or I can define where they’re going to appear?
2. Is there anyway to add another ad above the posts with the width of all the page but the sidebar?
1) Yeah, you can define where the post appears inline with the posts.
2) You can post an advertisement on any category or page at the top. However if you wanted an advertisement on the top of a post, that would require a third party plugin from wordpress.org.
Is there a front-end submission feature in this theme?
This is not a built-in feature however you can look into third party plugins for this functionality. We are using the default post type for posting content.
Hi can you tell me why when I update my post the title is about 3 post late or behind – Please visit http://urbanenews.com
Ok, thank you do you have a step procedure to correct this
ALSO can you tell me what plugin you using for this page right here: http://progressionstudios.com/themes-wp/?theme=Bayside I’m talking about the Photo Widget on that page
The widget on the left is built-in. It is the “Progression: Latest & Featured” widget.
Thank You, One last question I had over 2000 files from my old website How can I integrated them to a live XML files like yours?
If it’s a WordPress theme, you can just export the files and import them into your new site.
NO, it not a wordpress theme, also every time I tried to post to Twitter or facebook its say oops your not sign in…
For importing non-WordPress content, you will need to check out third party plugins and/or the WordPress documentation on importing data. As for the sharing links, you must be logged in to post.
I’m logged in with twitter and its saying oops
I’m signed in this is the error:Sorry, it seems like you are not signed in.
is it optimized for ads like google adwords
Yeah, you can use Google Adwords easily with our theme.
Loved the theme! Just bought it and currently setting it up. I wish to know whether it’s possible to set up an open to public “post page”, so that anyone could submit the post to the site without any registration?
That should be possible via a third party plugin. Check wordpress.org and codecanyon.net for some plugins that can help you out with that.
Hi 2 things having a problem with sharing button it keeps saying I need to be logged in when I’m already log in. The 2nd thing it doesn’t post the correct pix on facebook sometimes
Hi, maybe previously asked but could not find…
is it possible to drop the load more button and make it auto load posts when you reach the end of the page?
Hi can you tell me if there is a certain size photo to use because some of the photos heads gets chopped off.
This is a great theme but I’m having one issue with google adwords. Google have just changed the coding for ads (synchronous to asynchronous?). I cant get these new ads to appear anywhere with the theme, on a page or sidebar.
any ideas or advice.
I bought the theme specifically to use with ads so i really need help in fixing
Really awesome theme, I want to buy it. can you please tell me, Should I put this left sidebar to right side?
I recommend putting the sidebar on the left. We do have some Custom Code for moving it to the right though if you want to go that route.
Okay no problem, but I don’t want to put any sidebar on Homepage, is it possible?
I just want to remove sidebar from homepage and category page, is it possible?
Question can we make a section of the home page where if a important topic with photo or video take a section of the homepage but still allowing other post below?
You can pull in one or multiple categories into the homepage. If you want to add some featured content, you can do so by adding this in the content area of the homepage. These are the built-in ways to display content on the homepage. You can always edit the homepage.php file as well to add-in a custom query to pull in posts.
If you have additional questions, feel free to post them in our support forums:
I am your 500. sale and your 100. comment!
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $18.50
Power Elite Author