Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
In this course you’re going to learn how to convert a portfolio HTML template into a WordPress theme. Along the way, you’ll learn the basics of WordPress theme development as well as more complex techniques, such as creating custom queries and widgets.
What You’ll Learn
- How to prepare the theme files.
- How to create the page header, blog page content and footer.
- How to create the blog page sidebar.
- How to load the necessary scripts.
- How to create the post page and recent projects widget.
- Finally, you’ll learn how to create the homepage and contact page.
About the Instructor
Adi Purdila is an expert web designer and developer based in Romania. He’s created more than thirty courses for Envato Tuts+, on every conceivable web design topic; from Bootstrap, WordPress, and Foundation, to Sass and Sketch. You can check out his portfolio, follow him on Twitter, and see his ThemeForest portfolio.