CityNews is a Newspaper WordPress Theme that let you create a news, magazine or blog website easily.
We include Visual Composer Page Builder(Video) into this theme that you can create your own page with the highly customized layout. There are four post formats support: Standard, Video, Gallery and Audio. Also, we include some shortcodes and four different blog layouts.
If you’re going to create a clean and newspaper style website to focus on writing the news, story or journal, don’t miss it.
- Fully Responsive
- Retina Ready
- Four different blog Layouts
- Beautifu Fullwidth Swipe Slider
- Visual Composer Page Builder
- Custom Widgets Included
- Many Useful Shortcodes Included
- Gallery Template Ready
- Advanced Theme Options
- Cross-browser Compatible (IE9+/Firefox/Safari/Chrome/Opera)
- Well Documented
- WPML Ready
- Demo Files Included (XML)
- Excellent Support
- And more…
IMAGES USED IN DEMOWe include all pictures credits in this credits post. Thanks for all kind photographers!
All images used in the demo are not included in the theme. They are all licensed under Creative Commons and credited to their respective creator/owner.
Change LogsV1.12 -2017.03.16
- Updated Visual Composer to 5.1 - Changed text domain from ‘alaya’ to ‘citynews’ - Fixed some CSS issues. - Fixed the tags overlapping issue. - Fixed the mobile LOGO overlapping issue. - Moved all shortcodes into CityNews Addon plugin.V1.11 -2016.12.11
- Updated Visual composer to 5.0.1V1.1 -2016.11.14
- Updated Visual composer to 5.0 - Changed some handle text of wp_enqueue_script().V1.09 – 2016.09.29
- Updated Visual composer to 4.12.1 - Made all theme php functions pluggable. - Added one click import demo feature. - Added turn on/off weather info option.V1.08 – 2016.08.02
- Added new options to disable/enable the post tags. - Updated Visual composer to 4.12 - Adjusted some CSS issues.V1.07 – 2016.05.05
- Added new options to disable the sidebar for the default post and category page. - Improved some small CSS issues. - Improved the search form.V1.06.2 – 2016.04.25
- Updated Visual Composer to 184.108.40.206 for WP4.5V1.06 – 2016.04.15
- Updated Visual Composer to 4.11.2 for WP4.5V1.06 – 2016.03.27
- Fixed the number limited to sticky posts widget doesn’t work. - Fixed the tag and search page doesn’t work correctly. - Fixed the slider image was blur issue. - Improved the slider loading issue. - Updated Visual composer to 4.11.1V1.05 – 2016.02.08
- Updated the simpleWeather jQuery plugin. - Improved some CSS issues. - Added a new option to disable the post thumbnail globally. - Updated Visual Composer to 4.9.2V1.04 – 2015.12.31
- Fixed the image is forced to the fullwidth in post content. - Updated Visual Composer to 4.9.1 - Updated font-awesome to 4.5.0 - Deprecated @import in style.css - Added Ajaxify nested comment reply feature.V1.03 – 2015.11.24
- Fixed the weather plugin sometimes can't get the location information. - Updated Visual Composer to 4.8.1 - Added a new option in the blog setting page for globally disable the post sidebar. - Added child theme example.V1.02 – 2015.10.07
- Fixed the mobile menu often disappear when scrolling the page. - Updated Visual Composer to 4.7.4 for XSS vulnerability issue. - Added Image uploads meta box section when editing the gallery post. - Added weather temperature unit option. - Added Autoplay option for Slider.V1.01 – 2015.09.26
- Fixed the LOGO resize issue - Fixed the theme doesn’t compatible with some cache plugins. - Updated Visual Composer to 4.7.2