Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
In this course you’ll learn how to create a custom generator for the web app scaffolding tool, Yeoman. A good scaffold is like a kick starter for new development projects, ensuring the source code is organized using best practices and cutting-edge tooling. Yeoman has a scaffolding generator ecosystem with packages for a huge number of possible technology stacks, but sometimes there’s just not quite the configuration your looking for.
We’ll start by looking at how to use Yeoman with community-built generators, and then we’ll move on to implementing a custom generator that scaffolds my favorite stack for web application development.
What You’ll Learn
- What the ‘yo’ tool does in Yeoman.
- How to use Yeoman with Grunt and Bower.
- Create a basic generator and install dependencies.
- Understand what the run loop is.
- Set up user interaction.
- Create new generators by combining existing ones.
About the Instructor