Kill the Sidebar but Keep All the Good Stuff
DAZE a brand-new original Masonry blog concept, crafted with innovative WordPress bloggers in mind who want to leave a strong visual impression on their target audience.
Special Post BoxesWith our new Special boxes feature DAZE lets you kill the the sidebar but still show the most important widgets (Most Popular posts, Latest posts, Social Links and Advertising banners throughout your posts. Choose which Special box is shown and how often it’s repeated. This way, especially when endless scroll is turned on, your audience will be reminded to discover more of your posts and content or connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter without the need for a sidebar.
Finally – Animated GIFs as Featured ImagesMake you blog even more impressive visually – DAZE WordPress blog theme comes with an integrated support for Animated GIFs. No need for plugins – simply upload an Animated GIF as your featured image and the animation will be shown on your post page as well as on all you post lists.
Bored with Classic WordPress Pages? Use Pop-Out Pages!We have developed a new feature frequently used on trendy minimalist blogs – Pop-out pages and advertising banners. If you want to add more dynamic to your About or Contact pages and make them look more original – simply build an eye-catchy Pop-out pages and optionally add Animated GIFs to them. They can also be used to show advertising banners that load before the visitors see your homepage. This comes in handy if you want to promote advertising or your own content or social links.
Huge Embed SupportDAZE blog with a huge embed support: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Tumblr, Imgur, Youtube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, Mixcloud, TED Talk, Kickstarter, Scribd, Spotify, ReverbNation, Flickr, Hulu, Funny or Die, College Humor and many more.
Innovative Mobile MenuDAZE comes with a new fullscreen mobile menu that maximizes user experience and shows all menus, sub-menus, social links and copyright information in a clear way. Try it on your smartphone or tablet.
Quick Tweet with Text SelectionMake it easy for your visitors to tweet your posts by using our integrated ?Tweet with selection? tool. Simply by selecting any text within a post (just like copying) visitors will be given a pop-up button that let?s them login to Twitter and immediatelly tweet the article with the selected text and a link to your post.
PANTONE 2016 Colors of the Year TrendsFollow the latest color trends – we have selected 6 of our favorite color shades from this year’s PANTONE color reports. Choose from our own DAZE Punch or PANTONE’s Iced Coffee, Lilac Gray, Snorkel Blue, Serenity or Lush Meadow. If none of these suit you, customize your main color to your heart’s desire.
Two Blog Posts SlidersControl you Blog Post Sliders – DAZE WP theme comes with two integrated post sliders. If you prefer Classic looking homepages, choose the Simple slider that shows one post per slide. If you want your visitors to view more posts faster, choose our 3 Post-Per-Slide Slider.
Detailed DocumentationWe have created a detailed documentation so setting up your blog and controlling all aspects of the theme is quick and easy to find.
NordWood Support Forum
With one purchase of any of our themes you receive 6 months of free support. If you have a problem just let us know at our Ticksy forum and we will answer ASAP.
- Fluid Responsive Design
- Animated GIFs as Featured Images
- Pop-out Pages and Advertising
- Brand-new innovative mobile menu
- Load Banner Ads After Page Load
- Pinterest-style Masonry Posts in 2-5 Columns
- Post Formats
- Video Post
- Audio Post
- Image Gallery Post
- Quote Post
- Link Post
- Standard Post
- Image Only Post
- Most Popular Posts Special Box
- Latest Posts Special Box
- Advertising Banner Special Box
- Social Links Special Box
- Beautiful Gallery Post
- Simple One-Post-Per-Slide Slider
- Multiple Posts-Per-Slide Slider
- Images in Sliders can be different than Featured Images
- Instagram Grid Widget for Sidebar
- Instagram Carousel Widget for Footer
- Pinterest Style Post List
- Infinite Scroll or Standard Pagination
- Custom Social Links Widget
- About Me Custom Widget
- Tweet with highlighted text selection
- Customizable fullscreen border
- Show Video and Audio embedded players in Featured Area
- Enlarge Galleries or any Media in your posts
- Customize easily through WordPress Customizer
- Narrow content grid
- Fullwidth content grid
- Social icons in Sidebar, Footer, Header and in Post List
- Beautiful Animated Search Field
- Retina-Ready Logo
- Optional Top Menu Included
- Google Maps API Integrated With Custom Pin
- Customizable Contact Page Template
- Translation Ready Theme
- RTL Support (Right-To-Left Languages)
- Includes Drop-Down Menus
- 404 Error Page with Background Image
- Optional Drop Caps on Single Posts
- Custom WP Admin Log In Page
- New: Custom photo for each author
- New: Show author’s photo on author’s archive
- New: Show author’s photo near author’s name on blog and single posts
- New: Hide likes and comments on Instagram widgets
- New: Site optimization options
- Improved: dynamic styles optimization
- Improved: category/tag description filters
- Assets scripts updated
- New: Special widgets, enhancing special boxes for masonry list
- New: Five additional sidebar areas for arbitrary widgets (useful for ads)
- New: Additional sharing links (24 in sum) – each is optional
- New: Options for ‘Daze Custom Login Page’ plugin (Customizer -> Daze custom login page)
- New: Link to author’s archive on Daze author widget
- New: Daze popout widget
- New: Daze social widget
- Option added: Hide page title
- Option added: Close sticky banner
- Option added: ‘Featured image for widgets’ (Daze Popout Pages plugin)
- Fixed: Mobile menu overlay being cut at the bottom
- Fixed: Padding in Popular/Latest special box
- Fixed: Control for the author box appearance on single posts
- Modified: ‘Do not show on Front Page’ option (Daze Pop-out pages plugin)
- Fixed: Timeout on popout pages (Daze Pop-out pages plugin)
- Fixed: Image alignment on Masonry mini layout
- Fixed: Post slider not showing up in some cases
- Option added: Featured image for posts list (on all blog pages with masonry layout)
- Option added: Turn off the ‘dropping’ animation on masonry items and remove delay between their loads
- Option added: Show tagcloud in post footer
- Option added: Logo links to custom URL
- Option added: Editable Popular and Latest labels on Daze popular/latest posts widget
- Option added: Custom label for “Back to home” button, on page 404 (Customizer -> Page 404)
- Option added: Load popout only on specific pages / category archives. Different popouts can now be loaded on different site locations, while default popout ‘on site load’ still works the same. (Daze Pop-out pages plugin)
- Option added: ‘Do not show on static Front Page’ (Daze Pop-out pages plugin)
- Improved: Social profiles settings in Customizer -> My social profiles
- Improved: RTL support for Masonry layout and css styles for particular elements
- Improved: Partial refresh in Customizer introduced to some elements
- Improved: Optimized sanitization for radio and select controls in Customizer
- Improved: SVG icons are all placed in separate file and are available as php functions
- Modified: Comments count (in post header, on blog pages and on popular/latest widget) shows up only if comments are open and the post has at least one comment. Comments section on single posts will be completely hidden if “Disable WP comments” is checked and the “Ignore global settings” on Edit Post won’t affect this
- Modified: ‘Daze miscellaneous’ section in Customizer, splits into ‘Daze sticky banner’ and ‘Page 404’
- Modified: Outdated vendor prefixes removed from styles (Daze theme, Daze Pop-out pages plugin, Daze Custom Login Page and Daze Featured Area plugin)
- Modified: Uppercase style removed from fields on Daze Custom Login Page
- Modified: Posts slider (simple) shows 1 post, by default, and it won’t render if the number of posts (set by user) is higher than the number of published posts
- Modified: Posts slider (columns) shows 3 post, by default, and it won’t render if the number of posts (set by user) is higher than the number of published posts
- Fixed: Posts slider includes published posts only
- Fixed: Relation between ‘Daze single post’ section in Customizer and ‘Ignore global settings’ on Edit Post
- Fixed: Edit button on popout pages (Daze Pop-out pages plugin)
- Option added: Custom sticky banner
- Option added: ‘Allow Facebook comments’ on single posts and single pages individually
- Modified: Pagination
- Modified: “Custom featured image link” -> “Custom post link”
- Modified: Error notices on Instagram widgets
- Modified: “Include sidebar” checkbox (Customizer->Single posts, global option) replaced by radio buttons (Include sidebar / Hide sidebar)
- Bug fixed: Customizer crashes on Special Boxes when Repeat value turns to 0
- Bug fixed: Popular/Latest posts widget showing wrong date
- Bug fixed: Social icons not showing in Daze Child Theme’s Customizer
- Bug fixed: Linked titles on single posts
- Bug fixed: Missing link color on post excerpts
- Bug fixed: Incorrect pagination on infinite scroll when “Exclude categories” option is set
- Option added: Expanded set of icons for social networks profiles (Customizer -> My social profiles)
- Option added: Editable text before share buttons. Shown on single posts, if enabled (Customizer -> My social profiles)
- Option added: Editable text before author’s name. Shown in post header and posts slider, if enabled (Customizer -> Daze single posts)
- Option added: Custom post title word count for posts slider
- Modified: Category, Date, Author’s name and Comments count visibility settings now follow the options set under “Daze single posts”
- Modified: Posts slider showing on mobile devices, too. The “3 posts per slide” type will switch to “1 post per slide” for screen width less than 768px
- Modified: Font icons replaced by SVGs; ‘Elegant icons’, ‘Linea basic’ and ‘Linea arrows’ fonts sets excluded.
- Modified: Smart width calculation for the sections in desktop top bar
- Bug fixed: Comments navigation
Daze Pop-out pages plugin 1.1
- Modified: “Elegant icons” fonts set excluded, “close” button replaced by svg (instead of font icon)
- Option added: Custom link for the featured image
- Option added: 4 optional layouts for logo and main menu positioning in site header
- Option added: Customize Search button text
- Option added: Show search button in main menu
- Option added: Custom font size for site titlefor mobiles and for desktop view
- Option added: Custom logo for mobiles
- Option added: Custom post excerpt word count
- Bug fixed: error message on regular logo display
- Option added: Custom search field placeholder (Customizer -> Daze miscellaneous)
- Modified: Daze tagloud ( widget and also on single posts ) order by count instead of alphabetic order.
- Redesigned: Daze latest comments widget, for better content display
- Option added: Exclude all posts (on Home/Blog) from particular category (Customizer -> Blog Layout)
- Option added: Custom text in Twitter share-selection cloud (via Customizer)
- Option added: Hide default WP comments globally (via Customizer)
- Option added: Hide featured image on single posts (individually and as global setting via customizer)
- Bug fixed: Sidebar not displaying properly on pages
- Bug fixed: Retina logo not displaying right
- Bug fixed: Drop Caps not showing in Firefox
- Bug fixed: Top post slider displaying post thumbnails in wrong ratio in some cases.
DAZE 1.2 – October 5, 2016
- Option to add up to 5 advertising banners.
- Options for different layout types for Tag, Date, Category and Author lists.
- New Tiny Post list added for archive pages.
- Single post on/off global options for category, author, date, dropcaps, enlarge media.
- Minor WordPress date format bug resolved.
- Minor Facebook widget bug resolved.
- Minor Safari bug resolved.
- Added options for views, comments count and date turn on/off in Top Posts Special Box and Top Posts sidebar widget.