This author's response time can be up to 2 business days.
I am comparing two WP themes, The Navigator and The Directory Portal.
Does your theme support:
1. make the map transparent below the top menu like http://themeforest.net/item/the-navigator-premium-wp-location-guide-blog/full_screen_preview/397351
2. can after i click on the restaurant icon, to edit the popup screen to make it show different text, images and links
3. Can i click on the #2 link above inside the popup box and open the map screen divided into two different iframes/html codes, currently u show only one map in the background. IN the Navigator theme, in #1 above, when you click on map market, it open a new map in the background, with a detailed transparent box on the left side of the page, can this be done in this theme.
4. is there is an admin backend where i can work on it and test it
I prefer your theme as yours got the business directory categories ready
Thanks for the message. Theme works by default only the way it’s presented on our demo site. We don’t have any testing version of the admin panel, but you can see an image gallery on the following page: http://preview.ait-themes.com/directory/wp1/register-form/
where can i fill in the Analytics Tracking Code .. .. Fill in for ID i found… but where for the Code ?
Please kindly post your support questions on our Support Forum. This will enable our dedicated support team to assist you most efficiently. The Support Forum can be accessed at: http://support.ait-themes.com
You support forum account will be generated automatically.
I miss the skin folder – it wasn’t in the downloaded files .. link ?
Sorry there’re no skins for Directory theme. Thanks.
Hello great looking theme , I looking to purchase it , but before i just have 3 questions. The first one is , each directory page can have its own unique header, right? Two , can i place the short codes on the directory pages, like add the image short code to a directory page. Last but not least , is there a way to make the directory private or make a directory page private . i look forward to buying this theme.
Thanks for the message, category page unfortunately cannot have unique header. Shortcodes can be used on any page, no problem. You should be able to set listing detail as private as far as I know. We use standard Wordpress custom types.
Hi, I’m thinking of buying this great looking theme. I have 2 questions though.. is it possible for guests to upload more than 1 picture per listing, so that means having a small gallery inside each listing?
Question 2: can you customize the taxonomies for your listings?
You can extend item fields pretty easily, please check the following link for more details: http://www.ait-themes.com/doc/how-to-edit-custom-type/?theme=directory-wordpress-theme
All our shortcodes and standard wordpress shortcodes also work inside item listing, you can put there gallery for example no problem.
Hello. I’m very interested in the theme – it looks great! A quick question for my application:
I want viewers to be able to contact the listing author directly – but only for paid subscribers. Non-subscribers should be able to see/do everything else on the site, except contact listing authors. Is this possible? Thanks.
Thanks for the message. Contacting listing owner is currently not possible, but we’ll be adding in this feature soon.
Excellent, please keep me updated when the new feature goes live! Are you expected it to take a matter of day, weeks or months?
We want to release this feature in June, hope all will go OK. Thanks.
Quick question, does the theme allow for category descriptions to be places above the listing pages of each category?
This is a general question.
Is it possible to create a map with a “best of” category? This map would take only places with best ratings from the users…
Sorry this is not possible by default.
So Sad. Their is no video tutorial with sound.
How can we learn this theme? Read the 77 page documentation?
Thanks for your message. Could you please point us to a good theme video tutorial? We’ll have a look at it.
So you don’t even have one?
Here is an example
What are we supposed to do. Pay 55 bucks and then pay a web designer 1000 bucks to design it?
looks interesting. I have a request from client for a directory site. But they have french or bilingual audience.
1) Can the theme / directory module be localized to french (or already done ?)?
2) Do you know if it is compatible with qTranslate ?
Theme supports WPML plugin, you can translate it to any language. Some people are using qtranslate plugin with our themes, but we don’t officially support it. Thanks.
I really liked the look of this theme, but sadly with so many issues like mobile browsers crashing and other non stop issues I found… I just gave up.
Question: When using the Geolocate and the Directory Homepage Template on the homepage, does the icon on the map (when clicked) show the pop-up details like it does when I click on a category?
could you tell me roughly when contact listing and list sorting will be finished? I need to know that very roughly just to plan my Project. Are there other features planned at the moment?
We want to release an update next week, hope all will go OK Thanks.
thanks, and what will the updates include? both features?
Yes we plan to include both features. Thanks.
So where do you hide the defaultcontent-export.xml file? It didn’t download with the theme and not in the download that I can find.
Please download the full zip file package from themeforest, default content is located in WP folder.
Hi I have the same question as CreativeRain as the primary thing i wanted was a a business directory listing but then was “wow’d” by everything else this does.
We want to release an update next week, hope all will go OK. Thanks.
Will next weeks update have the automatic billing feature implemented?
Hope we’ll make it till then. Thanks.
Great Theme. But the problem is that PayPal is not supported in my country and in many countries we work in. Will you add 2CO “2CheckOut” integration it is available in all countries and it is great.
We wait your reply.
Sorry theme only supports Paypal payments, but any experienced web developer will be able to help you with other gateways. Thanks.
Is there a way to sort on ratings? Regards.
Sorry this is not currently possible.
It’s really great. Only one question, I can’t use “Search around my position” function on my iphone/ipad. Any idea? Many thanks.
Maybe your safari need to be able to find our your location. Thanks.
1) Do you have social login ?
2) Is it possible to submit the item from new user ? To you have the submit form?
Social login is not supported. Users can regsiter on the frontend and then administer and add in new listings via backend. Thanks.
I make the online directory, I need other visitor to post/add the new location for me from the submit form e.g. lightbox form. Is it possible that you add this feature ? After visitor add the new location, admin can approve that?
If this feature exist, I would buy the theme because what I need from my current theme is the submit from visitor.
Sorry this feature is not included in the theme by default. You can take our theme as a good base for your own unique portal and develop on top of that. Thanks.
I am in the process of finding a new solution to migrate this old very broken website I have http://autoseekandsell.com There was a time the site was very popular with traffic. Today its pretty flat and I am looking at possibly moving it Wordpress.
I like your theme as it would take care of one of the key areas in my site for car dealers http://autoseekandsell.com/dealerdirectory.cfm
I have a couple challenges perhaps you can shed some light on.
1. The old dealer directory is just that very old and dated. The navigation is State -> city -> dealer listing. I am not even sure how to get that in the right format into a theme like this without it being overwhelming. I also have about 20K listings.
I have seen some sites similar to mine have data structure arranged by Manufacture make and even others by the way I have and manufacture make.
2. Do you know any place I can get perhaps a more updated version of dealers in the usa in a format that would be more presentable to my visitors for your theme and hopefully for a low cost.
3. Do you have any suggestions of a good auto classifieds plugin I could use along side your theme.
4. Will it work with Buddpress?
5. Do you offer any kind of services to help with this transition or even the data structure to get into the new theme. I am pretty good with WP in general but not a programmer or DB guy. If so what are your fees?
6. I am also trying to figure out the best way not to upset Google as there are over 80K URLs indexd. I know we need to have some kind of way to redirect groups of urls to regions of the new site but not exactly sure how I am going to handle this and open for ideas.
I am open for ideas here but this site needs to be migrated asap its way over do.
Thanks for your message. We’ve also developed an import plugin. You can import data from CSV file no problem. Theme unfortunately won’t work with Buddypress. Theme supports WPML plugin, you can translate everything to any language.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $21.50
This item was featured on ThemeForest
Power Elite Author