This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
I needed to upgrade to Advanced Custom Fields Pro. How do I go about updating the Edition theme to use the Pro version ACF?
It would be a more involved process as Edition was built with ACF. The biggest issue is some of the addons that Edition uses (for custom sidebars for instance) aren’t yet compatible with ACF Pro. Unfortunately, customizations go beyond the scope of the Support Policy. You’ll need to seek the help of a developer for assistance making this modification.
Also, did you know we have a dedicated support system? It’s the fastest way to get support.
Thanks for the info Andre! One other question while we are on this topic. When I disable ACF Lite Mode, the custom fields that the theme creates go missing. So for example where you choose a “Section” for a page does not show up any long when you are editing a page. When I disable Lite Mode to I have to do something else to keep that functionality?
I’m happy to help with this, however, it looks like your support has expired. Can you please renew your support license? You can do that from the item page: https://themeforest.net/item/edition-responsive-news-and-magazine-theme/7827441
I’m already using your Extranews theme and am seriously looking at upgrading to this, mainly as we now need to use Woo Commerce. Just have a few pre purchase questions if you don’t mind helping out. Nice theme by the way!
1. I am guessing the homepage can feature posts from different categories, in different sections? It looks like it already does but it’s hard to be sure. For eg you have the main grid, then another image slider grid with different posts. I’m guessing this can be repeated so we can effectively have different category posts in different areas of the homepage?
It also sounds like we can have a different sidebar for each section of the homepage if we divide it up – is this right?
2. Can pages be featured on the homepage in the same way as above? Just wondering.
3. Does the theme have any forum integration? We are thinking of charging for access to post on a forum. Thought Woo could help with that.
4. Does theme have any MailChimp/newsletter sign up widget? Is there a list of widgets it comes with anywhere or just the ones we see on the theme sidebars?
5. Lastly do you know if this will be easy to upgrade to if we’re already using your Extranews theme? We’ve got a child theme in place there too. Ideally don’t want to have to comb through all posts/pages and re-design them. Perhaps we don’t have to?
Many thanks for your help
I’m happy to answer any questions you may have!
1. Yep, you can choose from a category, tag, posts you mark as “featured”, product categories or product tags. Yep, you can add whatever sections you want to the homepage, and as many as you like, all with different options. Each section has it’s own sidebar, so each section’s sidebar is unique.
2. Pages aren’t something that’s supported in sections, just posts and products currently. Though some sections can have a custom link (i.e. the full width image sections). https://cl.ly/3319403b3H35 Those can link to pages if you want.
3. No forum integration, unfortunately. This is something you’ll likely need to integrate on your own.
4. The theme doesn’t include anything like this, but Mailchimp and other email services have their own WordPress plugins. You can add these to sidebar areas and via shortcodes if they allow.
5. Content should be preserved, meaning you won’t need to go into your posts/pages and re-add content. Do you have an example of your content so I can take a look and confirm?
Thanks very much for your quick reply! Very interesting new features. I will most likely buy.
Regarding content preservation, here are a few links to pages on our current site:
Please let me know your thoughts.
For the record I do like the new way quotes etc are formatted. The full width custom links are also really good, as are the gallery layout options.
Thanks for sending! Regarding content, you will need to re-add your review information as this information is stored differently on Edition. Additionally, Edition uses the Themewich Shortcodes plugin:
So you’ll also want to download and install this plugin, then substitute any theme shortcodes you’re using with these (i.e. column shortcodes for instance).
Please let me know if you have any other questions!
So to clarify:
1. We will need to re-edit/review every review page to format it for Edition.
2. We will need to re-edit every page that uses shortcodes too.
I was hoping I wouldn’t need to do this as I think we have over 500 pages but what the hell!
Thanks for your help and for what it’s worth I think it’s a good thing to have your own shortcodes plugin now. Saves us using other people’s and causing potential theme conflicts.
Unfortunately, that’s correct. Edition updated how it handles review data so it’s not compatible with the old review data in ExtraNews. Same goes for shortcodes as Edition now uses a plugin to handle this so changing themes is no longer an issue.
I am considering purchasing your Edition theme, but noticed the last time it was updated was October 2016 (pre-Wordpress 4.7 and now 4.8).
I know every time Wordpress is updated it can affect the compatibility of a theme. Not sure if it effects the Edition theme, but will there be additional updates made to this theme?
Plus it’s nice to see enhancements made to themes going forward.
Thank you for your help,
WordPress 4.7 and 4.8 didn’t break any compatibility with Edition. We’re currently only pushing out maintenance and compatibility updates for the theme as it’s pretty feature-rich at the moment. Please let me know if you have any other questions!
Hi! still no WPML support?
No official support, unfortunately, though I have several customers running WPML on edition without issues.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Did you one run into issue where you can’t setup the home page? I seeing big gap between slider and the menu bar. I can’t seem to figure out why. I didn’t export dummy xml file
Just responded to your email. Let me know if you didn’t get it!
Hi, I really do like working on this theme though I have problem with scrolling now :/ where can I find an update??
You can update the theme to fix the issue by following the instructions here:
I have an interesting case: Windows 10, the latest Chrome 64bit, and mousewheel stop working as soon as the page loads all the js scripts.
So I run EVENT LISTNER and found this:
mousewheel> window (custom.js? ver = 1.7.4: 1115)
When I remove this the problem disappears.
Any idea how to get rid of a problem under Chrome?
Thanks in advance for help, Mariusz.
You’ll want to update the theme to the latest version to fix the issue.
Thanks for your answer Andre.
I changed a lot in the template. Can I replace only one file: edition/js/custom.js?
Will this bring the expected effect?
Yep! Replacing custom.js will fix the issue.
Many thanks again
Hi, could you remind me what the ideal size is for a blog title image? Thanks!
1500px width is the recommended minimum size for that image. The image acts like wallpaper, so it will fill the space behind the blog title, meaning some parts of the image will get cut off, depending on the title height and the width of the user’s screen.
Hi, I’m changing things to the CSS and it is not updating also when I’m trashing certain items on posts and woocommerce it does a error 500…I was wondering if Version: 1.7.4 is the latest version?
1.7.5 is the latest version:
I’m not sure what would be causing the issues. You’d need to look at your server error log or turn on WP_DEBUG to find out exactly what’s causing the issue.
Hi, I can’t use the support feature, when I log in with envato and click auth, it returns me to the same page and is stuck in a loop.
My question is how do I create and set up a Child Theme, I made a lot of changes to the PHP and functions and each update removes my edits.
It looks like something changed in the Envato API. I’m investigating this!
You can grab a pre-made child theme here!
Along with instructions on how to use a child theme to modify the theme.
Let me know if you have any other questions!
Hello i have problem with this theme, www.samopozitivno.com, i cannot scroll in google chrome, what is problem?
If you update the theme to the latest version this issue is fixed.
How to update your theme
Hey there. Great Theme being using it for a couple of years. I noticed though that the cart.php is now out of date with the latest version of WooCommerce. Is this on your roadmap in further updates?
Thanks for your comment! Did you try updating to the latest version? We updated cart.php to ensure compatiblity with the latest version of WooCommerce.
Many thanks for the super quick reply. Details are as follows I believe I am on the latest version of the theme:
WC Version 3.2.5
WP Version 4.9
WC Error edition/woocommerce/cart/cart.php version 3.0.0 is out of date. The core version is 3.1.0
Theme Version Version 1.7.6
Thanks Nigel! It looks like it’s from 3.2, which was just released recently. I’ll have to push out an update for this. Thanks for letting me know!
If you add a review to your post, it will add those circles automatically! You can do that from your post page. Find the “Review” meta box and select “Yes” for Is this a review post>
Hey Andre. Clearing the cache seemed to do the trick…at least on my end. Thanks for the quick response.
Okay great! I thought that might have been the issue. Let me know if you need any additional assistance!
Got few questions please:
1- How can I display the post thumbnail as an image of a youtube video available inside the post? I tried to use the “Post Options” feature by pasting the link of the youtube website, but that only showed the link on top of the post page.
2- When viewing from mobile in landscape, the rolling banner takes more space then each post, making the post below it all to one side and white space on the other. this is particularly a problem on tablets. is this a recognized issue or do I need to adjust anything?
3- I’ve integrated Mailchimp form using the plugin. However the form itself doesn’t look ok. moreover I am trying to add a pop up that will feed into the same Mailchimp list. How can I achieve these without going into the code of the theme?
4- I tried to post on Themewhich, but can’t seem to get through to the support page after logging with my Envato.
Thanks for your support.
1. What specific URL are you pasting inside the “Media Post” box in the “Post Options” area of the post? Perhaps it’s not the correct link that WordPress supports.
2. What do you mean by rolling banner exactly? Do you have a link to the post or page so I can take a look?
3. The theme provides form styles for basic form elements, however, it won’t automatically format all form styles for all form plugins. You’ll likely want to add some custom css to style those forms.
4. I think Envato made an API switch (without giving us much of a warning) so that is currently down. However, you can certainly email us at email@example.com if you need 1-on-1 support!
Hi i want to know if i paste correcltly my code for analytics, and if this code is working for all pages on my site
Yep! If you’ve added that to the tracking code box it will track all the pages on your site.
If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $23.50
Deliver better projects faster. Photos, templates & courses
Unlimited downloads. Only $29/month
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work