Responsive premium WordPress themeThank you for choosing CosmoThemes and purchasing one of our Premium WordPress Themes – your choice is greatly appreciated!
El Toro is a minimal and responsive portfolio WordPress theme build to power both individual sites and multiple users’ community with content sharing.
Responsive themeEl Toro is a responsive theme. It uses a framework that permits the site to be accessed on all mobile devices, including iPad and Android powered tablets.
Mobile-phone layout is also included. You can now view your site even on display resolutions as 320×480 wide.
Drag and drop mainpage builderSet your blog mainpage to display any content type you wish: post from categories, tags, portfolios, latest or featured post, even individual posts. You can choose how to display your content for each added element: carousel, filter, load more button or pagination. You can also choose your layout: full width or with sidebar and enable the grid, thumbnail or list-view.
Multiple headers layouts and menu stylesThe theme comes with 4 build-in header layouts and 5 menu styles:
- centered logo with bottom menu,
- left-side logo aligned with search-bar and user login link with bottom menu
- left-side logo aligned with menu and user login link.
- left-side logo with vertical menu and social media icons.
There are also several menu styles: simple text, with description, colored with option to choose background and text color, etc.
Multiple layoutsYou can use the narrow or large port-view layout by simply ticking the corresponding setting from backend.
Also, you can set different colors for your body. Not the least, you can add background images for individual posts or for the whole site. The theme comes with several predefined background patterns, as well.
Finally, you can have multiple category layouts: grid view, thumbnails view or list view.
”Love” user-submitted postsEnable the “Love” feature to let users easily access faved posts and raise their rating. When a certain post reaches the limit of 50 likes it will become hot. The like limit can be changed from backend while the number of likes for all posts can be randomly generated.
Built-in login and registrationLet your users login or register without leaving the page. The built-in eye-candy AJAX form will pop-up when trying to enter site’s prohibited areas, such as “Add a new post” or “View NSFW posts”. Users can also register/login to your site using their Facebook accounts.
Navigate using keyboard keysUse keyboard’s J, K, L, C, V and R keys for different actions on your site: scroll to next post, scroll to previous post, love a post, comment post, view post or display a random post. These keys combination are now working on post page as well.
Front end submissionLet your registered users upload posts directly from front-end. The front-end submission permits users to choose their post format: image, video, audio, text and attachment. Each and every single format can be enabled or disabled.
User profile pageEvery registered user can edit his profile from his personal account page which now offers avatar upload, password change and other personal data edit.
Tooltip helpersEver wondered how to tell your users of a specific feature or important message on your site? You can now achieve this with theme’s built-in tooltip manager. You can use it on every single page on your site being able to add an infinite number of such hints.
Human timeEnable human-time to let users know when the post was added. Switch back to the native WordPress time format from settings.
Facebook and default commentsYou can either enable the default comment system or opt for the Facebook comments.
Add your Facebook application ID so you can moderate comments.
Multiple slide-showsYou can create an unlimited number of slideshows and define different ones for desired pages or posts. Feel free to use image-based slides or add simple animated text
Sidebars and widgetsThe site uses unlimited sidebars for you to be able to insert as many widgets as you need to get the most of your theme: Categories with icons, Content tabber (hot posts, new, comments, tags), Flickr, Twitter, Latest posts, Social media, Top authors, Submit content.
Select a different layout for each of your posts: containing a left sidebar, a right sidebar or displayed full-width.
Social media readyAll posts have built-in social-media share buttons that users can click and promote any content of your web-site. Enable or Disable them for any particular post or page.
Powerful backendEl Toro comes with a revised powerful back-end to let you control all sites option without the need to hack or customize your own features.
Translatable theme. Internationalization readyEl Toro comes with a .PO file that allows you to translate the theme into your language. Follow the instructions from documentation.
Other featuresThe theme also uses built-in breadcrumbs, dropdown menus, image resizing, 100+ shortcodes, built-in related posts and social-media sharing, and comes with an extensive documentation to help you get started.
Support:If you happen to face some difficulties with this theme, consider to use our support which is conducted through the CosmoThemes support ticketing system: http://cosmothemes.com/forums
Support for all the themes will be available only via tickets.
version 0.9 (Sept 14th, 2015)
- FIX: Fixed wp_widget with __construct
version 0.8 (June 26th, 2015)
– UPDATE: deleted Cosmo API deprecated function
– UPDATE: Deleted deprecated function CosmoNews()
– FIX: PrettyPhoto security update
– FIX: XSS scripting issues
– FIX: Twitter widget: multiple instances fatal error
version 0.7 (February 214, 2015)
-Fixed shortcodes due to WP 4.0 update;
- Fixed tag relating posts;
- Fixed tag/category term while printing posts on front page;
version 0.6 (August 22, 2013)
- added WP 3.6 compatibility;
version 0.5 (July 10, 2013)
- flickr widget fix;
- updated jqueryScrollTo to be compatible with the latest jquery version;
- chrome frame fix IE10;
- removed a input name from search form to get rid of a useless parameter in the url;
- fixed featured image bug for video posts;
- fixed import/export issue;
- fixed some php and jQuery Migrate deprecated functions;
- updated twitter widget to be compatible with API 1.1;
- fixed keyboard hotkeys issue;
version 0.4 (December 14, 2012)
- fixed bug when listing tags
- replaced deprecated functionality in user_profile_update.php
- thumbs view carousel changes for mobiles
- changed doctype to HTML
- fixed JS error in prettyPhoto settings
- fixed some bugs related to slideshow
- css fixes for theme settings
version 0.3 (September 13, 2012)
- fixed grid view bug, related to number of columns for full width page
- fixed footer unboxing for mobile
- hided tooltips for mobile
- fixed meta data default options for posts
- added option to edit love/hate labels from single meta
- fixed google analytics bug
- fixed carousel on small viewport
- added padding-left for footer widgets area
- fixed “reset likes” functionality
version 0.2 (August 20, 2012)
- removed duplicate wp_head function call
- bug fix
- style and look fixes
- fixed fb connect issue
- slideshow for posts and pages
- font size in menu, submenu font to Arial
- menu minimum element width
- added Import/Export in theme settings
- set default values in back end settings
- import/export via json fix for settings