Two things are stopping me from buying the theme:
1) The responsive element of the theme – needs to have it (you’ve said you’re adding it next week, but you also said the same thing 27 days ago).
2) How long it’s taken you to respond to questions recently. You said that you were “away on vacation”, but this makes me hesitant on purchasing your theme because of the potential delay in support tickets/help. I’ve bought items on Themeforest from certain ‘authors’ before and had terrible support. Never again.
As this is your first item here, it’s the only thing I can go on. As much as I like the theme (and I really do), I’m reluctantly going to head elsewhere. Good luck with the theme however, and I hope it succeeds. I just don’t have the time to wait, as my next project is imminent.
A few other questions:
1). How far off is the BuddyPress 1.7 update? Just want to make sure all is working perfectly, or as perfect as can be .
2). How far off is the responsive version of the theme?
3). Are there plans to give a little TLC to the overall design of the bbPress templates? Many others have done the same, though execution has been hit or miss. Given this is an extremely nice theme, it’d be nice to see the theme carry through to bbPress as well so it takes advantage of all design aspects as well.
Does Engage support WPMUDEV plugins, specifically their Classifieds plugin? Once you have confirmed it works I’m downloading the theme straight away
Does it work with the plugin “deviantart muro”?
Thanks for your response!
Where is that promised update with fixes and other stuff?
We have updated the theme to work with the latest WP/BP. Version 1.4 is now available for download.
Hi, the bbpress section of the template is not really consistent with the look and feel of the homepage of the blog sections…will this be improved?
In its current state this theme is broken – the signup form modal does not work and the latest posts on the homepage are bugged. It’s been weeks now with no real support other than “we’re working on it”. This really needs a fix as it’s getting a bit daft now.
Support is non existent.
Version 1.1.3 of the theme remains broken specifically for the homepage when installing the latest stable versions of bbPress and BuddyPress. My support ticket remains unanswered for what is probably a common problem if every new purchaser follows the same installation instructions. Despite the waiting game I will not be requesting a refund as I haven’t found another theme specific to bbPress/BuddyPress that I like.
With Engage which incorporates BuddyPress functionality is it possible to have different membership levels within the site. Meaning that certain ‘members’ can access some content, other members can access other content etc. Or do I need to add a plugin like Wishlist Member? Have you had any challenges with Wishlist Member incorporating with your theme? Do you recommend any other membership plugins?
Hi I am having a the following issue with your template:
when I press on the “Account Signup” button, I insert the account info but then when I press on the “Create Account” button it does not respond. Nothing happens. I ask you to suggest with urgency.
Such a shame the author goes AWOL for long periods of time, because I would’ve bought two copies of this today. My only deterrent, is the uncertainty that bug fixes will be rectified in a timely manner. Oh well.
Since I contacted you I am not getting any answer from you. The script you are selling is not usable since the Signup + the updates on the home page do NOT work. Can you please answer?
i have the same problem of FBaldelli! No asnwer yet? Have you tried to open a ticket on their website?
Just bought the template… and have a few (simple) questions:
1) FROM THE BLOG – how do I show more than three blog posts on the front page, I want to show a maximum of 6
2) FROM THE BLOG – the ‘text’ of the post is not showing up under the featured image and title…. how do I fix that?
3) FROM THE BLOG – under the top blue bar is the (demo) text – ‘Engage WordPress & BuddyPress theme lets you signup visitors on your site. Members can build their profile, send messages, friend people, interact in groups, post in the forum’ – under this (on my site) is the FROM THE BLOG section. There is a rather large gap between the two… how can I reduce this gap — I know that I can remove the ‘Engage Wordpress etc. (demo) text and the FROM THE BLOG will automatically ‘move up’ the page, but I do not want to remove this text.
Any suggestions/comments/ideas etc very welcome!
I’d like to buy this theme but the evident lack of updates and support is worrying…
@luckyluciano71 – I opened a ticket approx 3-4 weeks ago and the response was along the lines of “we’re working on it” and then the ticket was closed. Since then he’s seemingly been AWOL.
Such a shame as this is a great theme otherwise
Hi, this seems like the perfect theme for me. But seems like people say support tickets have not been answered?
Anyone know what is happening with this theme?
I’m having the same problem as a lot of you other guys here. Signup button won’t work and there isn’t an option to turn it on…
For a BuddyPress theme, this is essential. He’s not answering my support ticket and there’s no answer here as well…
Does anyone know of a way to change this in the source code maybe?
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $26
Unlimited graphic downloads & digital courses. Only $29/month
22,000+ templates & 1,000+ courses
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work