This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
I am looking to buy this theme. I just have one question could we create multiple portfolio pages?
Thank you for the interest
Yes, you can create multiple portfolio pages – there is no limit.
Sorry I have seen that on your website it is called so I can have multiple galleries?
Yes, you can have multiple galleries – each of them containing different images.
Can I make the menu header transparent so that the image shows through it? (and menu titles/text are black?).
We have a dedicated support system where all the Pexeto items support is handled, so we kindly ask you to use our support system here:
to post your support questions. Thank you
If you have any support questions, we kindly ask you to use our dedicated support system here:
where all the Pexeto items support is handled – registration takes less than a minute. Thank you
Hi, I can’t enter your support team to ask a question because I haven’t purchased the product yet (it requires a purchase code). I just wanted to know if I can have an opening full-size slideshow and make the header transparent so the image shows through/and text is white or black so people can click and go to destination. (kind of like digon theme, except I like yours better as far as other aspects). Thanks so much!!!
You can make a fullscreen slideshow to be your front page. Regarding transparency – by default there isn’t such an option for the header, so you will have to apply some CSS modifications in order to make it transparent. Also, the fullscreen image by default starts after the header (it doesn’t go below it), so making it below will also require some code modifications.
Hello, I’m interested in buying this theme… just a couple of questions:
- is it possible to use HTML in the image captions in the gallery? (for example to add a credits link)
- is it possible to add a general description to a gallery?
Yes, you can add HTML tags to the lightbox descriptions. Regarding a general description – by default the gallery doesn’t support this kind of option, but it is easy to show the page content above the gallery with just one code modification.
Does this theme support providing retina versions for the images used in the full-width slideshow too?
P.S. The slideshows don’t include a retina version, as they look well on retina displays with the standard versions (when the images are at least 1000px in size).
I have purchased this theme and in the zip file that I downloaded from ThemeForest, there is no documentation. The theme settings in WP make reference to a documentation file, but it’s not in the ZIP .
Can you please re-post the zip file with the documentation file(s)?
You can find the documentation in the “documentation” folder of the main zip file you download – not the theme zip file, but the one you initially download (you can redownload it from your Downloads section). I just checked it just in case and the documentation is in there.
If you still have any other support questions, I would like to ask you to use our dedicated support system here:
as this is where all the Pexeto items support is handled (if you still can’t find the documentation, I will attach it in there when you post your ticket). Thank you!
I am interested in purchasing, however I would like to make sure that:
1. More text, an image and a hyperlink can be added to some of the mouse-over transparent images on the grid on the opening page.
2. By clicking on the mouse-over image, the user can be directed to a page or another website in addition to the portfolio pages that it currently goes to.
3. Can a video be embedded in the grid on the opening page?
Can the header be enlarged and a banner ad inserted?
Never Wrote a Line of Code in My Life
Here are my answers:
1. The default hover layout and content is the same as you see it on the demo. If you would like to customize that and add some other texts (apart of the default category and title), more images/icons, etc. you will have to change this in the code of the gallery.
2. Yes, you can make the item link to another page if you like – you can see an example on the “Custom Link” item of the Mixed Gallery page.
3. The gallery by default supports video items in lightbox (you can see examples in the Mixed gallery), but if you want to embed a video above the gallery, with one line of code the content of the page can be displayed where you can add a video with the default video buttons.
4. If you don’t need the logo image (the one that says “expression” on the demo), you can replace it with a banner image. There are options to change the logo size, so you can make it bigger if you want.
Thanks for the clear reply. I purchased the theme even before you replied, it is that compelling. I downloaded and uploaded, and have been reading through your documentation and the wordpress tutorials. Your documentation is very clear, even to a 63yo newbie. I will read all the other comments here and on the pexeto support forum, frame my changes and hire a genius/talented coder to tweak and implement. Seems all things are possible. Thanks for a great start.
Thanks for your kind words, I hope you will enjoy working with the theme
I’m a wedding photographer and I’m looking for a new way to create private, password protected wedding galleries for my clients. For each client I want:
1 – A landing page with a specific URL that contains a full screen image background with links to all the galleries. This page is password protected.
2 – Individual galleries for each part of the wedding. Each gallery must be able to handle hundreds of images.
Can this be done with just a normal single install of Wordpress with the Expression theme? I thought maybe I could use Wordpress MU and create minisites for each client, and password protect each gallery. But I can’t afford to buy the extended license, and I won’t be selling the theme as part of my product, only using it to display photos for my clients.
Thanks in advance,
1. You can have a password protected quick gallery – you can see an example here (use “pexeto” as password). You can have this gallery in a sidebar and full-width (no sidebar) layout. However, if you want to password protect a fullscreen slideshow or an advanced gallery, the default WordPress password protection can’t be applied to them, as their content is generated with additional PHP code – it is not something that you insert in the content of the page (WordPress password protection works only on the content you insert in the main content area of the page). So, if you really want to use these templates and password protect them, you may consider other ways to do this, such as htaccess protection (which doesn’t allow opening the page without a password) or there may be a plugin that would allow this as well.
2. The gallery can handle hundreds of images – both the lightbox and the slider are optimized for big amounts of images. The lightbox loads the image only when it is requested and the slider preloads the images on small portions.
On my Dashboard, this theme shows “Update available”. But if I click that, It shows the message “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.” I don’t know why but I bought this theme. Please check. Thanks
P.S. Please make sure you open the updates page as an administrator.
nice job…not sure how did you implement masonry on this so it keeps resizing the items proportionally. but you did well. As with supporting big screen (1200px) for the blog…are the media querry classes disabled for this?
to post your support questions. Thank you!
P.S. The media queries are enabled for small screen devices, all big screens use the standard layout.
Regarding this on the gallery:
1 – Is it possible to remove the space between images ( no borders )?
2 – Is it possible to have bigger gallery thumbnails?
( I dont know if I should ask here on on the Pexeto support page )
Thanks, I’m glad you like it
1. This can be accomplished with two small modifications
2. Yes, there is an option included to change the default thumbnail size
Thanks! I purchased the theme already!
I hope you will enjoy working with it
hi, i just bought this template but i’m clueless on how to get it on my wordpress website. on wordpress.com, under “dashboard > appearance > themes”, there is no option to install this theme. do i have to install wordpress 3.4.2 first? is there a guide that might help me do this? thanks!
P.S. wordpress.com doesn’t allow uploading custom themes, you can use only the themes they provide. If you want to upload a custom theme, you need to have your own WordPress installation on your server.
I have a question regarding image size. What is the recommended image size for individual photo viewing?
On the demo example, all of the photos used are large enough to fill up the whole photo area, but I’m concerned with providing high resolution photos. Is there an example showing how smaller photos (e.g. 700×465 pixels) behaves with this theme? If not, is there a way to set the photos so that they don’t always have to fit the entire height of the photo area?
On the demo we have used images that are around 1000 pixels in size. If you are referring to the gallery slider or fullscreen slideshow and you want to make the images not resize to the full size of the screen, this can be easily accomplished – it requires inserting a small CSS snippet – I already have it, so I can provide it to you (on our support site) if you decide to use the theme.
I planned i buy your theme.
I have a question: avaible the google analytics on this theme?
Yes, we have included a field where you can insert your Google Analytics code.
Hi is there a tutorial on how to use this theme? I have uploaded photos and can not make any galleries that look anything like what you have on your demo.
Thank you for the help.
Apart of the very detailed documentation that is included with the theme, you can also watch this video to see how to create galleries.
If you still have any other questions, I would like to ask you to use our dedicated support system here:
as this is where all the Pexeto items support is handled. Thank you!
Is there a help file/tutorial on how to use this theme as I am becoming stuck on many small issues that I’m sure I could resolve if I had a guide to instruct me?
Once you unzip the main download file, you will find a folder called “documentation” – this is where you can find all the instructions about setting the theme. You can also watch this video about creating a gallery.
I am keen to purchase this theme, but I’ve got a question which needs to be known by me.
- It seems that the theme is for word press but I wanna implement into my solution IDE and use the html files.
Is it possible that I could use the theme’s html codes & css and integrate in my IDE which is Visual Studio ?
As this is a WordPress theme, its main files are PHP files (not HTML ) and the HTML code is automatically generated with PHP . Generally, the theme’s code is well organized in the files, but it will require some advanced coding knowledge in order to be able to convert it into an HTML template – it wouldn’t be only a copy/paste process and it will require some more work.
Must me doing anything for the mobile formats? Or i must do only one format and if somebody will vistit my site from the mobile, automatically changing to the format?
You don’t have to do anything additionally – the theme will automatically set the layout according to the device size.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $23.50
Power Elite Author
Deliver better projects faster. Photos, templates & courses
Unlimited downloads. Only $29/month
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work