Farm Charm stylish WordPress theme was created especially for farmer’s markets. The theme offers variety of page templates, custom widgets and additional stuff which will help to arrange the website in proper and informative way. Theme supports RTL, is retina ready and scales from 2560px screens down to 320px.
Please, be kind to navigate the demo, entering each page to get complete impression of what will you get by purchasing this theme. You are welcome to ask me any question about theme features or possibilities by writing me in Comment Box of the Item Page on my ThemeForest Portfolio.
What do you need in order to arrange the theme properly?
- To have hosting, domain and wordpress.org installed
- To be familiar with WordPress Dashboard, tools, interface, features
- To read and follow Help PDF file included into theme
- Widgetized Home and Contact pages
- Multiple page templates
- Insert either featured image or embedded video into posts
- 2 Custom Post Types: Stores and Events
- Possibility to merchant to login and publish information about his store/boutique
- Membership page template with Member Card PayPal gateway online payment
- Working contact form (php)
- 1 level submenu
- Theme options via Dashboard–Customise
- Several custom plugins (widgets, CPTs)
- Three Google fonts + Sosa icon font
- CSS transitions, js sliding panels, mobile navigation sliding panel
- Based on default WP functionality, no page builders, no third-party plugins
- Translation ready, accessibility partially ready
- RTL languages ready
- 2 versions of Home page
- With populated events and event posts counter
- With free content and blog posts counter
- Stores page
- Events page
- Membership page
- Login page
- Contact page
- 404 page
- 2 Archives pages
Theme comes with several custom plugins written especially for this theme. You are free to install them or ignore (depends on how will you arrange your website content). Here is the list of plugins:
- Custom Post Type (CPT) “Stores” (for stores listing)
- Custom Post Type (CPT) “Events”
- Multiple widgets (5 in total)
- Custom metaboxes (2 in total)
- Custom field (for embedding video instead of featured image)
- Modified WP Gallery shortcode expanding with responsive lightbox script
Theme comes with RTL stylesheet. You will need just to download WordPress version in RTL language (Arabic, Hebrew) and specific RTL stylesheet included into package will do the job. Here are below a few screenshots showing how theme looks in RTL:
Is this theme ready for mobiles?
The theme is ready for any screen size / screen resolution (from 2560 px to 320 px) and here below you may view screenshots taken on iPhone 4S:
CPTs or Custom Post TypesTheme comes with 2 CPTs wrapped in plugins. Once you install and activate these plugins you will see them on the left side in Dashboard menu (marked with colouful icons):
CPT allows to create a set of specific (typically united by certain subject) posts unrelated to main blog posts. If CPTs were a part of the theme, by switching the theme you would lose the content of CPT posts. But, once CPTs are wrapped in plugin you may be quiet about your content. Switch the theme whenever you will feel the necessity but take my plugins to another theme and you will never lose your content.
What if you wish to customise or modify the theme?Majority of things you might be wanting to change/replace in the theme, you may customise via Dashboard–Customiser without touching the code. Here is a screenshot of theme options (detailed description of what and how to use you will find in Help file):
However, if you wish to modify theme pages layout, colours, blocks of content, rearrange blocks, replace things, remove features and so on you should know (more or less) css, html, js and WP php.
Theme is checked with W3 HTML validator (no errors) and with Theme Check (passed the tests).
- Tested on WP 3.9, WP 4.0, WP 4.2.1
- Tested on all major browsers (Chrome, Safari, Opera, Firefox, IE)
- Tested on iMac, Windows and iPhone 4S
- Fits all screen resolutions from 2560 px down to 320 px (minor issues are expectable on 320 px screens)
- Translation ready (comes with text domain)
- Accessibility ready
- Tested with W3 validator
- Tested with Theme Check
- Tested with Theme Unit
- Fonts: Sosa icon font, Condiment, Alegreya, Noto serif
- Icons: Organic Food by Wojciech Zasina
- Scripts: rlightbox by Wojciech rrh Ryrych, retina.js by Imulus, selectbox by Dimitor Ivanov, blueberry.js by Mark Tyrrell
- Images: Pixabay, farm collage (compiled by me) on base of Valkyrie scrapkit (not included)
- HTML entities / characters by: copypastecharacters
What is included into theme pack?
- “main-files” folder: theme folder, Help folder, demo content xml, “farmcharm-child”
- “farmcharm” folder: installable folder with all required theme files
- “farmcharm” folder includes: 3 CSS files, 3 js files, prettyPhoto lightbox pack, 26 php files, 2 CPTs, 5 widgets, 2 metaboxes, required images (patterns, icons, leaf image), social icons pack
- Note: images used in demo are not included!