Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
Ruby on Rails is an open-source framework that allows you to quickly and easily build applications for the web. It’s a framework designed with developer productivity and happiness in mind. With Rails you can create web applications with very little effort through strong conventions, sensible defaults and a great set of libraries. If you want to get started building web applications, Ruby on Rails is a great place to start!
In this course, you’ll learn about developing web applications with Ruby on Rails. We will build a simple task and project management tool together. In so doing, we’ll cover the foundations of Rails: models, controllers and views. We’ll also go further, touching on most of the key features of the Rails framework: validations, migrations, the asset pipeline, email delivery, internationalization, AJAX integration and more!
What You’ll Learn
- Build a Rails application from scratch, starting with bootstrapping and scaffolding.
- How to use different validation helpers to validate user input.
- How to use migrations and AJAX remote calls.
- How to enable internationalization for your application.
- Set up email notifications.
About the Instructor