A unique, colourful portfolio Tumblr theme that makes a statement.
A vibrant, colourful theme to make an impression.
Gradient is totally customisable, and totally feature packed. Make a beautiful, colourful Tumblr blog with just a few clicks, and enjoy all our usual premium features.
- Make your own gradient background with a few clicks
- A slider of featured images and links
- Widgets for Instagram, Twitter, Dribbble, and Flickr
- A powerful sidebar with widgets, likes, following, and more
- Easily change colours, typography, and design details
- Custom logos, tag menus, notes, comments, sharing, and much more
Make Your Own Gradient Background
Upload your own black-and-white background image, then use our simple settings panel to turn a beautiful combination of colours into a stunning gradient.
Go subtle, or go big. It’s your choice. The colours you choose will follow through the rest of your theme, and turn it into a beautiful, vibrant blog or portfolio.
Featured Slider and Links
Gradient lets you put your latest content front-and-centre in a large slider. Rotate between images and links that you choose in your theme settings, and update them whenever you want.
Each image slots in beautifully at the top of your page, with your logo and navigation link floating above them. Choose whether your images should slide, or fade, between each other.
Masonry Grid Layout
Posts are arranged in a stylish grid, in a “masonry” arrangement. The layout flows and arranges depending on the size of the screen, with posts just taking up the space they need to.
It’s simple for readers to like, reblog, or link to your posts, with icons underneath each post.
Instagram, Flickr, Dribbble, and Twitter Widgets
Gradient supports a full set of different sidebar widgets — Instagram, Dribbble, or Flickr, or thoughts and links from Twitter.
Social buttons let people follow your adventures on your various social media channels — we support dozens of different icons and networks (and we’re always adding more!)
Likes and Following
You can use your sidebar to show other posts, blogs, and content that you like by having all your “Liked” posts appear down the side of your own content.
Also showcase your favourite other Tumblr blogs, by turning on the option of showing all the other blogs that you follow.
Choose a list of post tags (that you’ve added to your posts), and these will appear in a dropdown “Categories” menu along with your other links and pages.
You can change any and every aspect of Gradient to match your style and personal brand. Fonts and typography, colours, layout, backgrounds, border widths — you name it, you can customise it!, but it’s simple to put your own stamp on the design (and we’re here to help you every step of the way!)
It’s the perfect way to quickly have an easily updated blog, with a subtle design that’s completely customisable to your own needs.
Here’s a list of the features present in the Gradient Tumblr Theme:
- Responsive and Retina Ready – This theme will work great in all platform sizes and definitions. It’s modern and prepared to work in modern browsers.
- Customizable Color Scheme – All main colors can be changed using the customizer.
- Slider – The homepage can have a slider with up to 3 slides.
- Photoset Grid – Photosets will retain the custom layout and each image can be expanded using a lightbox effect.
- Keyboard Navigation – You can use the Right and Left keys on your keyboard to navigate between blog posts. Use H for home and R for random.
- Social Sharing – Posts can be shared to Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest.
- Widgetized Sidebar – This theme can take multiple widgets: About / Instagram / Flickr / Dribbble / Likes / Following / Group Members.
- Twitter Footer – Your Twitter feed can appear in the site footer.
- Submenu with Configurable Tags – Allows the main navigation to have a submenu that is made of tags and will categorize the content of the site.
- Social Media Icons – You can add up to 12 social icons with links to your profiles.
- Google Fonts – You can choose whatever font you’d like from a library of hundreds of free and optimized for the web fonts.
- Disqus Compatible - You can add Disqus comments to your blog, just add your username.
- Google Analytics Ready – Just add the code and it’s set.
- SEO Ready – All SEO principles available to Tumblr themes were taken into account in this theme.
- Expandable – It also features an header and footer HTML code fields for you to add your own code.
- Fully Documented – All of the theme options are fully documented in a PDF file and also available online in the demo site.
The following resources have been used to create this theme:
- Bootstrap – http://getbootstrap.com/
- jQuery – http://jquery.com/
- jQInstaPics – http://projects.craftedpixelz.co.uk/jqinstapics/
- jFlickrFeed – http://www.newmediacampaigns.com/blog/a-jquery-flickr-feed-plugin
- timeago – http://timeago.yarp.com/
- FitVids – http://fitvidsjs.com/
- Photoset Grid – http://stylehatch.github.io/photoset-grid/
- Colorbox – http://www.jacklmoore.com/colorbox/
- Mousetrap – https://craig.is/killing/mice
- Masonry – http://masonry.desandro.com
- Infinite Scroll – https://github.com/paulirish/infinite-scroll
- Superslides – https://github.com/nicinabox/superslides
- Google Fonts – http://www.google.com/fonts/
- Font Awesome Icons – http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/
Images used in the demo theme are from:
- PixaBay – https://pixabay.com/
- Behance – https://www.behance.net/
April 18, 2019 — v1.2
- Minor CSS fixes to allow the Tumblr bar not to interfere with any UI element
- Added support for SSL
- Initial Release
We’re here to help you set up your theme, and iron out any problems. Just head over to our site to file a support ticket, and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours: http://themelantic.com/support
We’re also here to answer any quick questions on Twitter: http://twitter.com/themelantic