Great work, always hoped that something like this would come about.
I curate http://www.foreveruntiltheend.com ... as you can notice i am using the premiumpixels theme Great work there again!
My questions are: (1) some blogs have hundreds, thousands of published posts with images not defined as “Featured Images”. Going back to edit each post and re-define these images is highly time consuming if not totally mental.
And at first glance after installing Gridlocked, i noticed that the existing post images are not resized correctly to fit the 360px width of the boxes. Where in the CSS can i tell the post image to resize with proper aspect ratio
If that is even possible.
And (2) do you know of a plugin or hack to retroactively batch change post images into featured images. I’ve bee searching without any success.
Thanks for your help and especially for your great talent.
First and foremost, thanks for purchasing one of my files, I truly appreciate it! Support for all my themes and templates is conducted through the Premium Pixels support forums. Make your way over with your Item Purchase Code and feel free to pick my brains.
Support Forums | Create an Account | Find your “Item Purchase Code”
Love the theme, but I am getting confused what the difference is between skill\portfolio posts and just normal posts. I mean when should I use a portfolio post instead of a skills post? What can the portfolio\skills do that a normal post can’t do? It appears you have made is so that one can do everything one needs to using a post. The only thing I see different with the skills\portfolio function is that it supports a slider type function for multiple images in a single post. But before I realized this I have been adding all my content and now I wonder if I made a mistake because I made a “skill type” called “videos” and added about 30 portfolio posts to it. Each one is a different video. But it only show 8 of them without showing a way to get to the rest. Same as your demo. It only shows 8 of a skill type without a way to see the rest. (where as a post category gives you the option to load more at the bottom of the page). The second thing is it is seperate from posts, I mean skills only shows skills, and posts only show with other posts as far as I can tell. It is a little bit confusing. I am wondering now if I should have made a normal category for all my videos and added “posts” instead of portfolio posts. Trying to figure out the best way to organize this. Also skills show a thumbnail button between the arrows on a single post to go back to the thumbnail menu, but a normal post does not. Can’t that be added fairly easy. That would make them consistent.
You help and explanation will be appreciated.
This theme is off the hook! Simple, slick, clean & light weight and that goes for the coding to. Easy to fine tune and mod, documentation is detailed and clear. I think this type of theme is going to be a trend setter. Great work OC
Thanks man, really appreciate the comments! Glad it’s working out for you
Pretty cool, I like it.
Awesome Theme! I have a few questions.
1. Is that possible to fullscreen the self-hosted video?
2. In “Blog”, I can zoom the images in the blog posts. Can I do the same to the posts in “Portfolio” section?
3. Can we change the thumbnails in the portfolio page as same as we can do in the galleries post in the blog page?
1. Not at the moment no, I will look into what it would take to make that happen.
2. In the portfolio item detail page, there is a slider. It will show all images you have uploaded for that item. With that in mind, there is no lightbox on the detail page. There is a lightbox on the main portfolio page however which shows just one of the item’s images.
3. Yes you can set your own thumbnail for each portfolio item or you can let the theme generate it’s own one from your larger images.
I’ve a few more questions.
1. About the lightbox on the main portfolio page, so the lightbox can be widest as it is right now, or can it be a bigger image. If that so the light box is not gonna help for showing the detail on the photos.
In my opinion, The weakest point in your super awesome theme design would be this lightbox.
1. The lightbox cannot show the next/prev images in the gallery.
2. It cannot show the detail of bigger photos. (there is no light box on the detail page)
3. Some users might not notice those little dots on the right when you have a gallery post.
I would love to see those fixes in the next update.
Btw, I love your theme and gonna purchase very soon.
Thank for your time
The lightbox can show whatever sized image you desire. It can be huuuuuge if you like. As for noticing the dots, with a little tweak you could set the slides to auto scroll with a timed interval.
Stop creating amazing themes, Orman!! Awesome job!
Wow! Again another amazing theme to confuse those of us looking! ;]
Looking at this and fellow dev themolitor’s “Brick + Mason: Premium Photography and Blog Theme” http://bit.ly/jYOksU. Both totally rock… so it’s a really tough decision on my end.
Regardless, awesome job and congrats on the recent launch. Obviously these types of themes are the way to go. So even though it’s hard to decide on our end your hard work is seriously appreciated. So best of luck on the new beast.
Anyway, I’m new to WordPress so please excuse if these are basic or obvious questions:
1) Does a page allow for multiple category filtering? For example can a page called “Design” display all the matching categories of “Animation”, “Illustration” and “Motion Graphics”?
(Update: Sorry, after looking at the demo more closely, now 4am, it does seem to be doing it! Right?)
2) Also, do the menus drop down at all? Or atleast allow for sub-menus. Again like above… can I have a menu titled “Design” with sub menus caontaining “Animation”, “Illustration” and “Motion Graphics”?
This may be a menu feature of the new WPress but like I mentioned I’m new to all this so appreciate your feedback.
PS-I also asked the same question to themolitor
1. Yep, each portfolio item can belong to multiple skill types.
2. Given the dimensions of the sidebar, I’ve omitted support for dropdowns – just doesn’t seem to fit with the type of theme it is.
One question: can a thumbnail in portfolio be set to link to the actual portfolio post, not to launch full res in lightbox?
Thanks buddy, yep, you can enable/disable the lightbox for each portfolio item individually.
Awesome minimalist design, love it.
A few of questions:
1) How easy would it be to implement the same dynamic switching of skill types, like the Classica theme?
2) Carrying on from my last question… would it be possible to the blog posts filter-able (by category) using the same method?
3) Is there any plans to have ‘normal’ blog post types. I.E just a title, with text. Similar to the ‘asides’, just with a title.
1. Not very easily I’m afraid, definitely a job for a developer.
2. As above
3. Sure, the blog already has a standard post type too which is just as you described, title, text etc.
What and where must I change the css to have a grid of the main screen as your demo with 230px wide photos ?
Once again great theme, had some trouble setting it up but that XML file, from the support forum, helped me figure out how to make all things work.
Only thing I really don’t like in this one is that video embedding for portfolio. Although its good for local files. Guess it wasn’t possible simply to add links for YT and Vimeo just like in Classica.
Good luck with the sales
Awesome job on the theme mate! Have a quick question, is it possible to set up the blog posts to display like the portfolio posts on the homepage? The blog posts are a bit wider than the portfolio posts.
If you wanted to make the blog posts narrower then you would need to change quite a few files. The image dimensions have been set, the audio/video player etc. It can be done but it’s not necessarily a quick job.
Ah okay, thanks for the info. Are portfolio items custom posts or pages?
Portfolio items are a custom post type (skills are a custom taxonomy). Pages used for pages and posts are used for the blog.
I really like your WP themes!
One question: How do you put the “skills“ (portfolio) on the home page? (home page side bar?)
Thanks and congratz!
Hi, I put all the skills into a custom menu and then included a menu widget (showing the menu I had created) in the sidebar. If you need more help, head over to the support forum and I can help you out – http://support.premiumpixels.com/
Ok thanks! I´ll try! G
Is there a search option for this theme?
I’d like to use it for product display and search (by SKU ) would be nice.
Hi, the theme uses the inbuilt WordPress search functionality. You can add a search widget to any of the sidebars.
First, thanks for your theme, it’s amazing !
I have some questions :
1) i would like to change the width of portfolio gallery (550px to 700px) like this : http://florentisidore.com/portfolio/1648/
2) can i add a timing to change automatically photos in the portfolio gallery ?
Great design, i love the minimalist nature; 2 questions before buying :
1. Is 550 de maximum width for the images in the post ? can that be easly changed? most of my images require landscape mode and a larger width.
2. Can the portfolio have the same scroll through images as they do in blog page, rather than lightbox resize ?
Thanx for your time !
Hi, you could widen the 550px with a few tweaks to the CSS . You have to bear in mind however that if you plan of having audio/video etc you will need to alter the styles of the player and so on.
I’m assuming you mean can the portfolio items have a slideshow like the gallery post type? If so then yes, you can show up to 5 images per portfolio item which will be displayed on the portfolio item detail page. On the main portfolio index as it were, you can only display the thumbnail.
this is an amazing theme!!
couple of questions:
1- my twitter keeps saying “Twitter should be here, but it’s not. Get over it.”. it only works with your username. how can i fix this?
2- can i have a normal full width page, and include some of the portfolio posts or gallery or any posts bellow that page in the same format as portfolio and blog??
I just registered, can you please let me know how i can fix my twitter widget?
Looks great, congrats!
question: is possible to have the thumbs in the homepage not size fixed like in the blog page? It would be easy to change that?
I’m not entirely sure what you mean, the thumbs for the portfolio section? If so, you can make them support unlimited height with a bit of tweaking yes.
very cool and minimalistic theme. Do you plan to release a HTML version of it in the next days?
Hey, there are no plans for a HTML version as yet I’m afraid.
It’s not easy to read all the comments, so if you can just answer a couple of pre-sale questions?
- Is the “Customized Video Player” the JW? What version?
- Am I able to disable right-click options “Save Video As” and “Copy Video URL ”?
- Can I use my own JW player and skins?
Hi, the video and audio player is powered by http://www.jplayer.org/ which is a HTML5 solution with flash fallback. If you host your own video there is no way to mask the location of the video but you can skin the player just using CSS .
Okay, how about when you right-click on the video, it shows options “Save Video As” and “Copy Video URL ”, can I disable this?
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $21
This item is licensed 100% GPL.
Power Elite Author
Unlimited downloads only
$29 p/m on Envato Elements
Download over 18,000 items now
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work