Herald is a professional WordPress theme, carefully crafted with news portal and magazine websites in mind. It offers more than 500 variations for your article listing layouts as well as many options to suit your needs with no coding knowledge required.
Full Feature List
- More than 500 home page layouts – Theme offers a highly flexible yet easy to setup module system where you can combine and display your articles in various ways.
- Modular header – There are 3 header areas (top, middle, bottom) where you can display any of the elements as you wish. Quite a lot possibility there!
- Performance options – It is possible to load all JS and CSS files combined into a single compressed file for the best possible speed.
- Multiple layouts for single post – We provide 9 different layouts for single post view to suit your taste and needs.
- Smart categories – Each category on your website may have its own specific layout and color.
- Simple ads system – You get several predefined ad slots to display your ads and monetize your website very easily.
- Responsive Design – Your website will look just as good on big screens as it will on tablets and mobile phones.
- Advanced Theme Options Panel – Herald comes with an advanced, easy to use theme options panel. You will setup your website in 5 minutes.
- Branding – Unlimited Fonts & Colors – Herald provides options for unlimited fonts and colors as well as options to upload your logo and icons, depending on your taste. Add your personal touch to this theme! Unlimited Sidebars + Sticky Sidebars – You can add as many sidebars as you want. Then you can assign specific sidebar to any post, page or a category. Also, you can have sticky sidebars on each template which means that widgets will be always visible while you scroll through the website content.
- 4 Pagination Types (including infinite scroll) – You can have a classic “older posts / newer posts” navigation, numeric pagination, load posts with “more” button, or apply infinite scrolling to your pages.
- Additional Custom Widgets – Besides standard WordPress widgets, we provide several custom widgets for more cool features.
- Support for post views number – We provide support for Entry Views WordPress plugin which is used to count views for each post. We also provide smart options so your posts can be selected and ordered by number of views. Related posts – Of course you could use one of many “related post” plugins, but we have provided a simple yet powerful solution for displaying related posts for a particular post which will get you covered in almost any case.
- Built-in Theme Translator – If you want to modify or translate the text on you website, you can do it very easily in the theme options panel. Note that .po and .mo language files are provided if you prefer to use standard WordPress translation or multilingual website.
- One Click Easy Updates – You can connect your website with the Envato official API and be notified about all upcoming updates through your admin dashboard. Every time we release a new version, you can update this theme with a single click.
- Shortcodes – You can add some nice elements into your content with 12 flexible shortcodes. Columns, separators, highlights, dropcaps, buttons, pull quotes, progress bars, social icons, tabs, toggles, accordions… to name just a few.
- Social Sharing Integrated – Allow visitors to quickly share your posts on most popular social networks.
- Post formats support – Besides standard posts, this theme supports video, audio, image and gallery post formats. Also, most WordPress common embedding features are supported so you can embed facebook statuses, tweets, instagram, soundcloud, youtube, vimeo…
- RTL Support – If you are using your website for right-to-left oriented reading, there is a simple option for it!
- Full Documentation We provide full documentation so you can learn how to setup this theme step by step and use it’s options and features.
- Dedicated Support – If you have any questions, issues, feature ideas, do not hesitate to contact us. We do our best to respond as soon as possible and help you out!
Paginated/multi-page posts – For those who use ads on their websites, we have created a very intuitive design for posts which are split into multiple pages. Boost your page views with ease!
= 1.5.1 = * Fixed: Module builder not working in specific cases (bug appeared in version 1.5)
= 1.5 = * Added: Option to specify browser width which will trigger responsive header ( Theme Options -> Header -> Responsive Header) * Added: Option to sort posts in ascending or descending order in modules (Modules Template) * Added: Option to automatically select posts from child categories if parent category is selected (Modules Template) * Added: Option to choose whether to include or exclude posts from selected categories (Modules Template) * Added: Option to choose whether to include or exclude posts from selected tags (Modules Template) * Added: Option to on/off category description (Theme Options -> Category Template) * Added: Option to position comment form above/below comments list (Theme Options -> Single -> Extras) * Added: Option to display post time in meta data for all post layouts * Added: Option to enable "multibyte" support and calculate reading time properly for some specific languages (Theme Options -> Misc.) * Added: Option to choose whether prev/next posts in sticky bottom bar will be pulled from the same category as current post (Theme Options -> Single -> Extras) * Added: Full support for Custom Sidebars WordPress plugin by WMPU Dev. Now widgets inherit our theme styling by default * Improved: If paginated post is set to be displayed in layouts 3,6 or 9, it will automatically fall-back to layouts 2,5 or 8 respectively, in order to avoid styling issues * Fixed: Minor styling conflict with WP Review plugin latest version * Fixed: Minor styling issues in various browsers, responsive and rtl mode
= 1.4.3 = * Fixed: Problem with editing category layouts in WP 4.5
= 1.4.2 = * Fixed: Bug with specific Google Fonts
= 1.4.1 = * Improved: Featured image on the first page of a paginated post is displayed by default * Fixed: Minor styling glitches in various browsers, responsive and rtl mode * Fixed: Header/Footer date language for non-english WP installations * Fixed: Conflict with plugins which override Twitter field in user profile options
= 1.4 = * Added: Support for post reviews system using WP Review WordPress Plugin (stars, points and percentage review type). You can also order posts in modules by review values! * Added: Option to automatically play (rotate) posts in slider modules * Added: Possibility to remove vertical meta bar on single posts (Theme Options -> Single Post -> Meta Bar) * Added: Support for breadcrumbs using Yoast SEO WordPress plugin * Added: Search button in mobile/responsive header * Fixed: Minor styling glitches reported by users
= 1.3 = * Added: Options to filter trending posts by category, tag, or choose manually (Theme Options -> Header -> Trending Posts) * Added: Option to filter posts in Modules by specific post Format (i.e. display Video posts only) * Added: Possibility to override global display options per each single post separately (i.e. On/Off featured image only for some posts) * Added: New ad slot - above single post content (Theme Options -> Ads ) * Added: Possibility to put Mini Logo in header bottom bar * Added: Option to position meta bar left/right for single posts (Theme Options -> Single Post -> Meta Bar) * Added: Option to change overlay opacity values for Layouts with the text over the images (Theme Options -> Misc) * Added: Option to display scroll to top button (Theme Options -> Misc) * Added: Possibility to order posts in Modules by title (alphabetically) * Added: Option to on/off post titles in Layout K (Theme Options -> Main layouts -> Layout K) * Added: Option to position paginated post navigation above/below post content (Theme Options -> Single Post -> Extras) * Added: Option to display featured image caption on pages (Theme Options -> Page) * Added: Full width Page template * Fixed: Several styling issues for specific layouts * Fixed: Lots of RTL mode bugs and issues
= 1.2 = * Added: Full support for WooCommerce WordPress plugin * Added: Products Module! You can display your WooCommerce products in Modules template * Added: Full support for bbPress WordPress plugin * Added: Option to filter posts by tag (Posts Module, Featured Module) * Added: 2 new demos for import - Blog and Tech examples! * Improved: Several styling tweaks and improvements in various browsers and responsive mode * Fixed: Text module not saving content in Mozilla Firefox * Fixed: Module builder not working fine in older Safari versions
= 1.1 = * Added: 3 new demo examples in demo importer! * Improved: Several styling tweaks and improvements in various browsers and responsive mode * Fixed: Related posts option not working in admin in some browsers * Fixed: Comments button in sticky bottom bar not working for custom comments plugins * Fixed: Logo option not sizing properly on mobiles
= 1.0 = * Initial release
We would like to say big thanks to great people for their products which help us in our theme development!
- FitVids – http://fitvidsjs.com
- Magnific Popup – http://dimsemenov.com/plugins/magnific-popup
- Owl Carousel – http://www.owlcarousel.owlgraphic.com
- ImagesLoaded – http://plugins.jquery.com/imagesloaded
- Sticky Kit – http://leafo.net/sticky-kit/
- HTML5 Shiv – https://github.com/aFarkas/html5shiv
- Smooth Scroll – https://github.com/galambalazs/smoothscroll-for-websites
- Redux Options Framework – http://reduxframework.com
- TGM Plugin Activation – http://tgmpluginactivation.com
- Pixelentity Theme Update Class – http://pixelentity.com
- Hybrid Media Grabber – http://themehybrid.com/hybrid-core
- Envato Proteced API – https://github.com/envato/envato-wordpress-toolkit-library/blob/master/envato-wordpress-toolkit-library/class-envato-protected-api.php
Images on demo website are not included in the theme package and are used for demo purposes only. They are all credited to their respective creator/owner, and can be found on the following services/websites:
- ShutterStock – http://www.shutterstock.com