This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
I live in South Korea.
My name is jinwook Song.
I do not speak English.
But I would like to ask questions.
I think the website of the Catholic Diocese.
1. Karma – Clean and Modern Wordpress Theme and Sterling – Responsive Wordpress Theme Two between.
I want to know what I need.
2. This is the first time that I have to create a website.
I can do it?
Thanks so much for your interest in our themes.
As per your questions:
1. Both themes are very similar in functionality. Deciding between the two really comes down to your desired design style. That being said there have been numerous Church websites set up using the Karma theme.
2. Since you’re new to Wordpress there will be indeed be a learning curve however setting up a website using Wordpress can indeed be done by beginner. We provide Training Videos which walk you through the entire Karma setup process. Wordpress also has a very large and active online community which can provide you with instruction for setting up and working with Wordpress itself.
Please feel free to give us a shout if there’s anything else we can do to help.
My name is jinwook Song.
purchased, but can not be installed
Sure thing my friend. We’ll respond to the ticket and you’ll be notified via email once it’s been updated.
Hello, I’ve had this theme for a couple of years. I just created a new site with the updated version. I noticed that it says it supports only 1 menu while the older version says it supports 3 menus. It this true or is it something I inadvertently changed? Thanks
Thanks so much for your continued support of Karma. You rock!
It sounds like you are referring to the “top toolbar menu” and “footer menu”, is this correct? If so, these 2 areas are actually Widget regions so that users can choose a custom widget if they don’t prefer menu.
Hope this is helpful my friend.
Please kindly use our secure online HelpDesk for any future website support needs.
TrueThemes HelpDesk | Training Videos | KnowledgeBase
Thanks so much my friend
Thanks so much. I watched the videos but was confused. I guess you changed it when you updated it.
The functionality of the menus has not changed for long time.
If you require any further assistance please just let us know. We’re very happy to help out. Please just reach out to us via the HelpDesk and we’ll get you all taken care of.
I am contemplating purchasing this theme but when I use the demo I found something that doesn’t look right.
I want to use the 3 images wide gallery, which look fine on a desktop, but when I look at that page on a iPad or anything smaller that causes the page width to decrease – the small image gets distorted by it’s long side getting shorter, but the height staying the same.
This site would be for a photographer so if it does that it would be unacceptable, can you comment on this subject?
Thanks so much for your interest in Karma my friend.
The default functioning of the 3-column images to so shrink a bit when viewing in iPad view.
When viewing on a smaller device (such as iPhone) the images will not change size and instead stack above each other.
Karma’s CSS code can be modified so that the same image stacking occurs in iPad and images do not shrink. We’re happy to walk you through this process when time is right.
Please let us know if there’s anything else at all we can do to help.
Thanks so much
My name is jinwook Song.
I can’t understand entirely how to install the Footer from the guide video.
Could you make the way into the image format and send me them by email?
In particular, I’m difficult to understand the following 2 parts : the section covering how to install the First Footer Column , the Third Footer Column, the Fourth Footer Column, the Fifth Footer Column and the Sixth Footer Column. And the section covering how to install the logo.
In the video, some texts can be copied and pasted, but I can’t find where the Paste function cant be available.
We’re very happy to assist you with your inquiries.
All of our Product Support is conducted via our TrueThemes HelpDesk.
Please kindly submit your question as a ticket on our secure HelpDesk so that our dedicated support team can assist you most efficiently.
Thank you so much
After browsing all the designs on Themeforest I like this one best. The design is clean, up to date, and responsive with woocommerce support, Great Work.
I am interest in purchasing this theme, however there are several issues with the design that are overlooked and need attention.
When you browse to a single item in the woocommerce pages the CSS needs more work.
-Thumbnails are misaligned with the main image and are missing padding between them (Single product page).
-Images should have frames similar to the other pages (like blog section)
-Buttons and Form elements should match the contact form.
-Responsive design breaks is some areas. Please test your code thoroughly.
Thanks so much for your interest in Karma and your Feedback.
We don’t have plans for modifying the WooCommerce stylings you’ve listed however you can indeed add these custom styling to suit your needs. Karma comes with a ‘Custom CSS’ section for the easy addition of custom css code.
We’ll definitely review any responsive items to ensure everything is running smoothly.
Please feel free to give us a shout if there’s anything else we can do to assist.
i Want to replaced with Sterling
Hi my friend,
Sure thing. We are happy to help you exchange your Karma theme for Sterling theme.
Please follow these instructions from our HelpDesk: https://support.truethemes.net/?knowledgebase=how-to-exchange-an-html-theme-for-the-wordpress-version
Item Purchase Code:
Purchase made on:
This text was sent to the e-mail address
Thanks my friend. We’ve just replied to your email.
I’m sorry, I
Mail sent to me did
I would like to know how to Stirling download
I want to change from Karma to Sterling.
I would like to know how to Stirling download.
I do not have any news from my email.
My email =====>email@example.com
We’ve just sent you additional email with full details about your inquiry.
i updated my karma theme and the forms stopped working-
Is thers something i have missed because i cant edit or add new forms for contacting.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for a super theme ;D
We’re very happy to take a closer look at your website and help you to resolve.
Purchased Karma Wordpress theme and have tried many times to upload and am unable to do so. It cannot upload.
I tried both wordpress direct upload and FTP protocol through host and cannot do so.
I need to upload this theme ASAP. Please assist.
We’re very happy to take a closer look at everything and help you to resolve.
I am very impressed with your Karma and Sterling themes, and need to have some questions answered before I purchase either of them.
Which is going to display the best on iPad and iPhone? Are any retina ready?
Which would be better for displaying photos in galleries? I do not need to have words under them, just the images with a click to enlarge them to full screen for viewing.
Which has more available short codes? I don’t know a thing about coding.
Lastly, I will want the pages to all be static pages (not blog style) with individual URLs.
Which do you recommend?
Thank you so much for your kind words and interest in our themes.
1. Karma and Sterling both display great on iPad/iPhone. They are not retina-ready themes however you might be interested in a retina plugin such as: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-retina-2x/
2. Karma and Sterling both display photo galleries very similarly. Sterling has a built-in filtering option which Karma does not.
It will mostly come down to design/preference as per which theme to choose. Here are samples of the photo galleries:
- Sterling: http://themes.truethemes.net/Sterling/gallery-4-columns
- Karma: http://themes.truethemes.net/Karma/portfolio/4-column
3. Karma has more shortcodes than Sterling.
4. All pages within a Wordpress theme technically do not have static pages. All content within Wordpress sites is stored in a databse and loaded into your specified page-template on the fly.
All Wordpress themes will allow your URL’s to look something like this: http://www.yourcompany.com/about-us
I hope this information is helpful my friend.
Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do to help.
I’m very sorry. I won’t write any letter in here or in help desk.
Your company will be not particularly good because of uploading my letter frequently.
At the conclusion, I want to tell you that trust is important.
The Company said Theme exchange is possible and letter about this sent to my mail, however, in my mail(email@example.com), I couldn’t see any mail.
I don’t know that letter that Your Company is saying, but I couldn’t receive any mails.
I can’t post up these problem on the help desk, and help desk said don’t post up these letter, therefore I think this is not a right service relating to customers.
If you said exchange is impossible from the beginning, I won’t take question
Now, I will not writ any letters anywhere. Thank you.
Very sorry you have not received the emails.
We sent over 2 emails to firstname.lastname@example.org (have they perhaps ended up in your spam?)
We’ve went ahead and pasted the contents of the email below.
Please just let us know if you have any questions at all.
—- contents from email —-
Thanks so much for your interest in Sterling.
In order to exchange Karma for Sterling you will need to first purchase the Sterling theme. We will then be able to verify both purchases, at which point we can send over $55 via PayPal for your Karma refund.
We do not have access to refund purchase directly via ThemeForest so we need to ensure both themes have been purchased before proceeding.
Please kindly purchase Sterling and shoot us an email once you’ve made the purchase so we can gladly refund the $55 for Karma via your PayPal account.
Full instructions can be found on our KnowledgeBase here. (please note this article describes exchanging an HTML theme for Wordpress theme but you can follow the same steps for exchanging Wordpress for Wordpress)
We want to use a website color scheme that is differs in color from the schemes available. The site options panel mentions a custom css. How would this CSS have to look like. Do you have an example or a manual to do this?
The Custom CSS required will depend on which design elements you’d like to change within your website.
We’re very happy to learn more about your requirements and guide you in this process.
I ave a few other questions before I purchase one of your themes.
1. Are you planning on coming out with a retina upgrade?
2. When I look at the Karma on my iPhone, the menu isn’t as obvious as in Sterling. I finally found it up on the top right of the screen behind an icon with some horizontal lines. Is there a way to make the Karma menu as obvious as Sterling on an iPhone?
3. We use MailChimp for our email newsletters. Is there a way to set up a form on either Karma or Sterling where the data captured is then automatically sent to MailChimp to populate the fields in their lists? I have seen a program called Quform and wonder if you have this functionality, of if not, if there is a plugin that you recommend.
4. Is there a way in Sterling or Karma to make the small menu that is showing above the logo band disappear when on the iPhone, yet retain it for other screen sizes?
5. Other than fooling around with CSS, do either of your programs have the ability to eliminate the color band at the top of the screen and replace it with a jpg or png file that we upload?
6. Is there a way without fooling around with CSS to use custom colors for the bands, etc. rather than one of your combinations?
Thank you again for your interest.
1. We will indeed be coming with a retina upgrade in the future. Retina is still quite new and has only a very small amount of the market share but in the coming months we will update to be fully supported by retina. The majority of the design elements in both themes are via CSS and render very nicely on retina.
2. Yes indeed. The simplest method would be to modify the CSS of the navigation bar to be a different color. We are happy to guide you in this process.
3. Yes indeed. Karma and Sterling are both configured to work great with MailChimp. Simply install the MailChimp Plugin and you’ll be all good to go. Here is the plugin we recommend: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mailchimp/
4. This is indeed possible however it is not built into the themes by default. You will need to customize your theme’s code to add this functionality. We have 2 highly trusted partners for all of your Wordpress customization needs.
5. Both themes have the ability to turn off the “colored top toolbar” section. Adding a JPEG image in that area would require some minor modifications to your theme’s code.
6. Sterling comes with a built-in color-wheel that enables you to choose a different design scheme. Karma requires the addition of Custom CSS code.
To exchange the theme had to buy sterling themes.
Thanks so much my friend. We’ve sent over the Karma refund via PayPal and have responded to your email.
Please could you tell me how to get the social icons and contact info into the iphone on the contact page.
We’re very happy to help you my friend.
Please review this article on our HelpDesk outlining details for adding content to this area: https://support.truethemes.net/?knowledgebase=adding-content-into-the-iphone-area
If you need any further assistance please kindly submit your question as a ticket on our secure HelpDesk so that our dedicated support team can assist you most efficiently.
where in the stylesheet css is the main area to change the primary font size not navigation or other specialty areas – just the main content – we want to change the color and size but I don’t see it listed in the styelsheet’s default section? Help please.
We’re very happy to assist you my friend.
I just saw that my karma theme was outdated, so I downloaded the new version and upgraded it. However I forgot to inspect the changes. Now I cannot find the changes of the most resent versions anymore.
Where can I find the version history ?
Sure thing my friend. A copy of the Changelog for Karma can be found here:
Sidebar theme specs say layout is “Fixed”. The body of the description says layout is “Responsive”.
Which is it? Fixed or responsive?
Thanks so much for your Karma interest.
Karma is technically both. It’s a fixed-width when viewed in a desktop browser and then as it’s viewed on mobile devices the design responds and adapts to the mobile device.
In a nutshell, Karma is responsive.
Very sorry for any confusion. Hope this is helpful my friend.
I like this template and would like to buy it but first I have two questions for you.
Can I add this JS in your theme? 360º Product Viewer
I saw that in the gallery can use flash video. Can I also use swf files related to xml file?
If you answer yes to even one of my questions, and of course after purchasing the templates, can you help me, pointing to the code to use?
Thanks and nice day
Thanks so much for your interest in Karma.
In response to your questions:
1. We’ve never worked with the 360 Product Viewer however it looks like there should be no issues adding this scripting to the Karma theme. Please note however that since the 360 Product Viewer is not a Wordpress Plugin, you will need to be proficient with modifying your Karma theme to include this script. We are not currently available for this customization work.
2. Yes gallery items can playback Flash SWF. The gallery item simply requires a URL to the working SWF. (for example: http://www.yourdomain.com/yourflashmovie.swf) The XML functionality is something that you will need to setup on your end. As long as it’s a functional SWF the gallery item will have no issues playing it.
If you’re in need of any custom coding assistance we have 2 highly trusted partners for all of your Wordpress customization needs: Codeable.io
We hope this information is helpful my friend.
Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do to assist.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $23.50
Power Elite Author
Deliver better projects faster. Photos, templates & courses
Unlimited downloads. Only $29/month
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work