Few changes and new theme done! I like this way! Anyways GLWS!
Hey there, thanks This is actually a WP conversion of the awesome Kyte HTML template also available.
Nice theme. Good luck dude!
I’m interested in buying your awesome theme but I need some more informations.
We mainly need video integration (vimeo, not youtube). Is it working ok with your lightbox feature?
And what about with vimeo and your showcase portfolio’s page?
Currently your best option for video would be using the Showcase portfolio, don’t worry, it works perfectly with Vimeo & any other embeddable video service
As for the lightbox, that’s not currently video enabled but we’ll definitely look into that for the future of the theme!
So to answer your question, yes, Vimeo works perfectly with the Showcase portfolio.
Nice theme again
Thanks I’ve been busy!
Looks great. Good luck with sales
Thanks a bunch!
Can you and elemis slow down please – I am answering a survey for TF soon so will get some credit form that but right now cannot afford to keep up!Awesome stuff as always. good luck
Cheers mate! I’ll do my best to take it a little easier on the wallet, hehe.
Such a beautiful template! Great work as always, it’s always such a pleasure to see your templates!
Thanks so much!
I would like to buy this theme, but have some presale questions:
1. Is the theme supporting translation / childtheme?
2. It would be good if one could habe a link back to the blog-section when opening a blog post – can that be implemented?
3. When opening a single blog-post and then click on “blog” in the header-menu, i dont get the blog section (“service”, instead). Can that be fixed?
1. Yes it’s translation ready, with a .po included for your translation.
1a. Child theme is fully supported, you may need to tweak the custom post types plugin for your child theme, but you can shoot me a ticket on my support forum if you need help there
2. Do you mean like a dedicated ‘back’, ‘prev post’, ‘next post’ set of buttons? This is definitely something I can look into for the next update.
3. Ok, so the issue here is because of our demo which is rammed full of every feature that the theme uses, which pushes the section a little lower. When you’re using this for yourself you’re unlikely to use every single option / portfolio type available so this should work perfectly for you Nevertheless, in search of perfection I’ll see if there’s anything I can do to improve this.
thanks a lot for the prompt answers!
The “Home”-link in the main nav doesn’t work. I.e, it doesn’t jump to the top when scrolled down.
Wow! Thanks for noticing that
Fixed and theme update on its way. Demo has been updated.
Great theme! I might buy it soon I have some pre-sale questions.
1.Can you confirm that it can be a multi page site easily?
2. Also do you support self-hosted video. If not, are you planing on doing so? Self hosted html5 players look so much nicer. And with such a beautiful flat theme it can only look amazing.
3. Is it WPML supported for multiple languages?
Thank you! Regards.
1. Yep, really easy, the theme works as one page or multipage, in a way multi-page is probably even easier
2. This is something we’ll consider for the future, but there’s plenty of plugins out there to help you do this e.g: http://www.wpmayor.com/plugin-reviews/best-plugins-for-self-hosted-video-on-your-wordpress-site/
3. Only tested with qTranslate so far, we’ll be testing WPML this week, but there’s no reason there should be any problem, if there is we’ll be getting it sorted!
Thanks for the quick answer. I think I will buy it
I back up the question of jonnib here bellow, it would be great to be able to show only a section of the portfolio based on category.
I can start without but in the future it can be a great addon.
Thanks! Yeah I’m working on that category select, should be pretty easy to add in
Great, just bought it. Looking forward to play with it
Just to let you know, there’s an update in the queue which adds this unlimited portfolio capability. Hopefully it will be accepted quickly
Amazing. thank you.
Having some little problems.
1. I changed the colors in “Appearance > Customize Kyte but the change is not reflected. (you can see with the link below that it’s still green when it should be red)
2. I put a smilie” inside the first post and look what happened:
http://theotherx.com/lanzo-esta-web/ It’s a massive smilie.. hehe Andy idea how to make it look “normal”.
And a question. I setup the blog to show on the homepage. Will the pagination automatically show after 6 entries like on your demo? Any possibility to set it to 9 or 12 in the future?
Thanks for the great theme.
Last little feedback I promise
If I am on a external page (not showing inside the home). And I click on the Blog menu link (which is inside the home). I get to go tu a url like this:
“mydomain/home/blog/” instead of just “mydomain/blog/”
That’s because blog is a child of home I guess. Any idea if there is a way to set the url to mydomain/blog even if it’s a child of home?
No hurry on those question.
Thank for your support.
1. Whoops! v1.0.2 on it’s way now
2. Fixed in v1.0.2 also, just a simple bit of CSS, should be approved very quickly, thanks for the bug report
3. You can already set the posts per page here in “settings” => “reading”, it just takes your global setting here, so set it to whatever you want!
4. There’s 2 things you can do here;
a) go to “site settings” in the theme options and make sure the child page redirect is turned on, now when you hit the home/blog/ page, you’ll be redirected to that section of your homepage.
b) Or, this thread gives you a function;
and also a plugin recommendation to do the above;
Great thank you. I will look into those options.
One nice feature that would be a great addon in the future would be adding an animated header. (http://tympanus.net/Blueprints/AnimatedHeader/). And probably remove the “sticky” of the menu for small screen (horizontal iPad or mobile) so the header doesn’t occupy so much vertical space.
Thanks for the ideas, putting them in the list for consideration.
Hello! We’re considering this theme for our website and have some pre-sale questions:
I would like to confirm that we can:
– replace background photos with our own
– add more than one portfolio set
– display more than 12 items in the portfolio
– add social share buttons to blog post pages
– rearrange order of pages/sections on the page
– add more pages/sections
Is it possible to add advertising capability to the theme?
We would also like to add our Email Newsletter sign-up form.
1. Yeah just drop your own in there.
2. More than one portfolio set? The showcase and lightbox areas are driven by portfolio posts, the gallery section is independent and can be used as many times as you want, I hope that helps!
3. Yep, unlimited portfolio items.
4. You can use the ‘Zilla Share’ plugin to do this, Jetpack for WordPress plugin can also drop sharing buttons in posts for you also.
5. Yep, really easily, you can reorder sections at any time just by changing the order command on the child pages. See our brief introduction video on the item details page for this.
6. Again, as many sections as you need
7. There’s the blog sidebar to add adverts if you need, you can also drop things like that straight into the page sections.
8. Same as answer 7
Great! Thank you for the quick reply.
About the multiple portfolio sets… Can we have 2 showcase portfolios that are independent from each other? (one portfolio section for a jumble of all projects and another for Case Studies to highlight works for specific clients)
Oh right! Not currently, but great idea, shouldn’t be hard to implement for a theme update
That would be great – thank you!
Wait, you already did it! FANTASTIC – THANK YOU!
Remember to rate Kyte if you like the update
Awesome work! Good luck
A note to all you awesome buyers:
Thank you so much for your support so far! In return v1.0.1 of the theme is now on the themeforest servers.
This update allows you to use unlimited portfolios each filtered to a specific portfolio category of your choice!
I’ve also updated the documentation and fixed a couple of little bugs.
Firstly I think this is an excellent theme and I will shortly be purchasing it for myself. Especially the way the portfolio loads, Beem looking for a suitable template for A while now! Will you be extending the functionality at all? One theme I like for its extensive functionality is flatco.
Another nice touch would be the ability to create/customise page animation/slide in on site scroll, similar to many newly released themes.
Soon to be Kyte customer.
Thanks a bunch, glad you like it
The theme will get functionality upgrades (like the newly released multiple portfolio functionality that I added today) so you should expect to see a few other goodies during Kyte’s lifetime
Glad you like the theme
Hi Tom, I fully understand, the slider is already a little choppy on ipad 4. If you could heavily consider and think about the animation effects it would be very good for this theme, with that i think it would be perfect.
Not to mention it seems 90% of all recent wordpress themes seem to feature the content/text animation (reveal) in one form or another
1. Revolution slider can definitely be a bit intensive, our demo is showcasing everything the theme has to offer in one page though, I wouldn’t expect all users to be using everything the theme has to offer in one like the demo, but I guess you never know!
2. Yeah, I’ve noticed that too, which puts be off the effect a little to be honest, but I guess there’s potential to offer this as an option for the future. I’ll be focusing on functionality features and improvements first though
First of all, I’m quiet impressed by your themes. Congrats.
I’m very interested in buying but I have few questions.
1. is it possible to include qtranslate plugin to be able to display the site in 2 different languages?
2. with WPSEO plugin are we able to customize focus word, description and others keywords for each section of the website?
Thanks and good luck for your sales
Thanks so much That’s great!
1. Yeah you can use qTranslate, you’ll need to make use of the qTranslate quick tags to translate content in the page builder though;
2. Each section of the website is defined by a child page, so you can apply SEO techniques to each section The child pages themselves redirect upwards to the homepage, but you can turn that redirection off in the theme options if you also want people to be able to hit single sections also. You can also use Kyte as a multi-page theme if you’d like
any reason why Ebor CPT is not generating custom post types such as clients when i try to submit?
Are you using a child theme? Please leave a ticket at my support site and I’ll help you with that
I am interested in this theme (as it is quite beautiful) however I noticed two issues I would like to address before proceeding with a purchase:
1. Slow loading on mobile / slow to respond on iPad – not sure if this is due to demo content or the theme itself
2. On Tablet: If on internal page (Features) and you click on “Services” (on the home page) it takes you to the top of the homepage not the services section on the homepage (via mobile menu), seems to work correctly if you are on the homepage and navigating to a homepage section
1. My server is under some pretty severe themeforest stress at the moment, and also my demo showcases everything the theme has to offer, it’s unlikely you’d use every single function in your final site, so take both of these into account That being said, if I can find any speed boosts to the theme, I’ll update it to include these
2. This may be due to iPad removing hashes from URLs, but I’ll look into this.
hi @TommusRhodus I figured out what ebor CPT actually does, it changes the directory name of existing custom post types but does not generate new ones.
I manually created a new post type so I am all good there.
My second question was if there was any support for a classic blog layout. I want to be able to have the blog on an external page. Sidebar on the right and stacked blog entries and hopefully featured images, image sliders, and video can be displayed instead of just a featured image.
Let me know if this is something that you are able to incorporate to a future update. If not I will develop it now, thanks.
This is something that I’ll look at for the themes future, but I’m afraid I cannot offer a predicted date for implementation.
no worries, i just developed a solution to make this happen, thank you.
Hey, super theme. Help me out with these queries before buying the theme.
1. How many works can be added in showcase block under works.
2. Will it support unlimited work listings..
3. Can I add a tabbed content description for individual works.
1. As many as you want
3. Not currently, this is something I will have to look in to for the future of the theme
Potential buyer with one question. I was checking over the validations for the site and found some issues related to Micro data. I’m curious if you have done any work with this or if you plan to support thing for the theme going forward?
There’s plugins which add this functionality to any WordPress theme, such as;
Or even the old faithful;
Since we support Yoast SEO in Kyte, then anyone can easily implement this in the plugin settings
I hope this helps answer your question, I guess the answer is yes, you can add this to Kyte
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Power Elite Author
Unlimited graphic downloads & digital courses. Only $29/month
22,000+ templates & 1,000+ courses
Learn almost anything with
Envato Tuts+ for free
9000 free tutorials, 3000 paid courses
Designers matched perfectly to
you on Envato Studio
2000 artists ready to undertake your work