Literary: A WordPress Blog Theme with a twist
So what’s the twist?
Not only is Literary a beautifully crafted blog theme, it also comes with a post type for showcasing your books and a post type for your portfolio.
So whether you are a blogger, a writer, an author, an illustrator, designer or in fact anyone – Literary is for you.
Built for the future
Not only is Literary compatible with WordPress 3.5, we have actually built it on the beta version of WordPress 3.6
We have built this theme “mobile first” for speed and flexibility, Literary looks great from mobile all the way up to large desktops.
If you purchase, thank you and don’t forget to rate the theme
Full of features…
Add all of your books and link them to Amazon, iTunes – wherever you sell them in fact.
Got other projects you want to talk about, no problem we’ve got a Portfolio post type for that too
We’ve got a simple announcement post type, based on the standard WordPress post. You can schedule announcements to appear, the most recent one is always shown at the top (if you enable via theme options). Great for an upcoming book launch campaign!
All post formats supported
Aside, audio, video, gallery, image, status, chat, link, quote, standard – we support them all in this theme.
Unlimited Color Options
You can control colours for the entire theme using our easy to use options panel.
More fonts than you can shake a stick at
Google fonts, Typekit fonts, Adobe Edge fonts, standard fonts – these are all built in and easy to setup, just follow the inline help.
You can even change the road colour on your Google Map
We Love Support
We want to make sure you are happy with your purchase, if you have a question about how to do something or think you have found a bug, head over to our support system and we’ll get back in touch.
Full feature list
- New Twitter oAuth API support
- Fully fluid design, which goes up to 1440px wide!
- Built mobile first, for speed with IE fallback
- 11 Page/Single/Custom post type templates
- Unlimited Portfolios
- Unlimited Blogs
- Built on WordPress 3.6 (backwards compatible to 3.5)
- All templates are HTML5 compliant
- Child theme supplied
- Announcements custom post type – full content editor support. Setup announcements for the future and they won’t appear until that date.
- Books custom post type. Showcase your books and have full control over content + we’ve got a separate content editor to add meta information like Publish dates and as many buttons as you want.
- Portfolio custom post type with gallery functionality built in for video + images. You also don’t have to use the flexslider, turn this off per portfolio item for a stacked layout.
- Show/Hide Sidebar on ANY page individually (Books, Homepage and Portfolio excluded)
- Change the background colour per post or page. We’ve used transparencies across the whole theme which will work with almost any colour.
- Full control of colours and font sizes and fonts
- General template text translatable via Theme Options
- Google Analytics
- On/off sidebar for whole site
- Show/hide tagline
- Show/hide header search
- Show/hide author information
- Show/Hide social icons in footer
- Show/Hide social icons in the header
- Turn sharing on/off across posts, pages, portfolio or books
- Share via twitter including your username
- On/off truncation for long links in comments
- Excerpt + read more support for blog posts
- Turn off “archives” text block
- On/off widgets in footer
- White/Black social icons
- Show/Hide footer credit
- Set width for mobile menu to kick in
- Hide/show page menu
- Widget areas for Archive & Single, Page, Contact & Blog templates
- Custom Video widget
- Custom Books Slider widget
- Custom Twitter oAuth API 1.1 Widget
- Disable featured images on gallery posts
- Disable featured images on all posts
- Hide read more on blog
- Plain text logo option
- Logo upload
- Retina logo upload
- Apple touch icon upload
- Favicon upload
- Tiled background
- Full size cover background
- Turn on slideshow for blog galleries
- Set interval for blog galleries
- Show portfolio details on single page
- Set amount of portfolio items for portfolio template to show before pagination
- Set amount of books for books template to show before pagination
- Contact form email address
- Google API v3 Maps support (you’ll need to sign up for a key)
- Google pin upload
- Built-in contact form
- Localisation support with provided .mo and .po files
- Custom Menu
- Featured image support
- Drop down menus
- Shortcodes for social icons including: Twitter, App.net, Facebook, Linked In, Google+, Zerply, Vimeo, YouTube, Pinterest, Dribbble, Github, Instagram, Flickr, Behance, RSS
- Shortcode for quotes including quote source and ratings
- Fully responsive (optimised for iPad and iPhone with retina graphics)
- Extensive documentation
All photography in the theme demo has been kindly provided by Benjamin Reid just for this theme. The photos are not in the Theme Files as part of the ThemeForest download.